Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-21-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
I would think that in the state of our current economy that people in industries hit hard, like the boating industry, would try a little harder to make an easy sale. Apparently this isn't the case.

I was in need of a Gravity Games center sac. I realize this isn't a huge sale to a boat dealer, but $330 is $330, especially when times are tough. In the past I have ordered things like this on line. This time around I thought I'd show some love to my local dealer and buy it from them, even if they were a few $$$ more.

I call my dealer and ask if they have one in stock. One of the owners answers and tells me that his parts guy is at lunch and suggests I call back in an hour. I was a bit surprised that he wouldn't just find someone to take my call or check stock himself? Never the less, about an hour and a half later I was out running some errands and decided I would just stop in. The only person I can find is the other owner. I ask him to help me and he then proceeds to scan the parking lot and then tells me that he doesn't see the parts manager's truck out there. I then ask him if he can check stock. He does, but he doesn’t know what he's looking for. He asks me if I will go back there with him to see if I can find it. I do, but I cannot find one in their stock room.

He then calls the parts manager on his cell to ask him if he knows if he has one; he does not. The owner hands me the parts manager's card and tells me to call him back in an hour. Keep in mind it's now been 2 hours since I called the first time. Who takes a 3 hour lunch on a Saturday anyway? After all this I decided that this place obviously must not be hurting for business, so I decided to spend my money at wakemakers.com. I may have to wait a week for shipping, but at least they seem to have a clue. Perhaps they were just a little short handed, but I would think that these days every sale counts. Why would you let anyone walk out your door empty handed when there’s a dozen other places they can buy from?