Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2009, 12:00 AM Reply   
I am in the early stages of maybe getting something together as an intern for a company out of Seattle.... I am just wondering if anyone in the area has a room/needs roomies, whatever if things work out.

Again, it is super early and hard to tell if anything is for sure, but I was just trying to put out my feelers and see if any WW'ers have a place/room. I would much rather spend the summer with people who ride than a random or alone.

Any info/help would be awesome, feel free to post here, PM, or call me up 715-213-4240

Thanks again!
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-11-2009, 1:12 AM Reply   
What is your price range on what you could pay for rent Nick? I know of a guy looking for a roomie on lake samammish... but he was looking for like $700 + i don't remember the number... I ahven't heard if he got a roomie yet or not... but either way, you get over here and I'll get ya out with my friends whenever I can.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-11-2009, 5:15 AM Reply   
You'll have to get used to riding behind a SAN if you plan on hooking up with Me.
Old     (bondo)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-11-2009, 6:12 AM Reply   
if you get something with moorage, my boat could be your roomate.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
I would like to stay under 500 w/ Uts. I still have to pay for Wisco house (so between the two I want to stay under $1000), and its only summer, so it doesn't have to be great.

Cliff, thats what I ride back here is a 210... deal.

What are you guys doing up so early? and thanks
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-11-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
Nick, when you get up here you need to come out and well give you the tour of Lake Sammamish. Currently I live in a house on the lake with Bret V and Ryan from Square One. I will be moving out but still be around there a lot.

Where is the company you may intern with located? Downtown Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Tacoma???

$500 Including utilities may be tough but if you check the Rooms shared on craigslist you may be able to find something. There are a bunch of Condo's at the north end of Sammamish that people rent out. I see rooms for rent there all the time.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
Looks like the company is downtown Seattle, its by Harbor Island/Georgetown/Industrial District East (google map names).

I figured in any larger city rent like that would be hard to do.... but we'll see.... It would be great to go out with you guys, see what this West coast hype is all about.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       05-11-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
500 including utilities is going to be a challenge and there is no way you will be on the lake.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
I could care less about being on the water... I would rather be close to the job.... that'll be the majority of my time. Wakeboarding, if it works out ever, is just a plus
Old    Slingshot            05-11-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
I can hook you up with some people to ride with up there. Seattle is only 2.5 hours from where I live so you can always trek it down on the weekends and come ride with us. Seattle is pretty cool Nick! You can go to Koppert lake which is only an hour away. Its a privet lake with lots of cool rails to hit. http://www.koppertlake.com/
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-11-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
Nick, I work in that area. Area's you would want to check out are Georgetown(kind of funky but should be cheap), West Seattle(the farther north and west of 35th the better), Beacon Hill(don't know much about). You could live in Bellevue, Newcastle, Renton as well. All of those places are going to be close to a 30 minute or more of a commute unless you are going to be working weird hours.
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-12-2009, 12:39 AM Reply   
I live in West Sea nick and i'm about 450 w/util... I found my room on craigslist... location is awesome. I can get to work in 20min down in Seatac, and 30min to go ride w/ people... I just moved here and I've had no problems finding people to go ride with!
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-12-2009, 12:45 AM Reply   
ha i just checked sublets for the summer.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/sub?query=&minAsk=100&maxAsk=500&bedrooms=

TONS of places for your price range prob students looking to have it rented for the summer so they can keep it.

Just be careful, my friend moved over here for the summer from Madison, WI was on the waterski team at Wis... he never left. Finishing school this year at Western Washington Uni.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-12-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
Yo Nick I live in Medina which is across the lake from seattle, Hit me up and Ill give u a pull on the x-star
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-12-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
Seattle is friendly!
Thanks everyone
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-12-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Nick, what is the internship for or what company is it for? If you don't car too much about getting on the water other than a couple times a week than West Seattle is defintely the way to go. Alki beach is a Seattle hot spot for people watching, bar hopping and getting good food. It has an awesome view back towards Seattle as well as Puget Sounds and even has places to have bon fires and play volleyball. It is like a car show of idiots on Friday and Saturday evening in the summer. If you lived towards the north end of West Seattle it would be a 15-20 minute bike ride to Harbor Island. It is only a couple miles but there is some crappy traffic getting down towards that area. It may be a 10-15 minute drive.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-12-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
I guess I would be there first and foremost to work, wakeboarding would be a plus but wouldn't NEEEED it. I guess I was just looking for something that wasn't in the "ghetto" (no racism ment - just not a part of town) and close enough to food/bars/whatever. I'll have a car but I hate driving in cities, let alone cities I have no idea about.

I have no problems biking or driving (if it will save a ton on rent) so.... I guess I'm pretty open but being close to the job would be the best.

The company is Cascade Designs, Blake Anderson (here on WW) offered it up... we're trying to work though all the details and I'm trying to convince the fiance' its a good "life" decision for us.... she is a women, she doesn't get it.

I hope everytihng work out, it sounds like a great place to work and a cool area to spend the summer.

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on May 12, 2009)
Old     (billyjodonjimbo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
west seattle would be good for where you will be working. But you can bike almost anywhere in Seattle if you are into.

I live in the mt baker district, so hit me up if you want to get out on the water before or after work
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-12-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
Nick, I just looked up Cascade designs and there are like four of them in the industrial area of Seattle. If it is the one on Harbor drive that is actually in West Seattle so that would be awesome. The other 3 are right next to each other just down the street from where I work on 1st ave S.

Oh yeah, there is no better place to live in this Country in the middle of the Summer.

(Message edited by polarbill on May 12, 2009)
Old     (blaketheho)      Join Date: May 2007       05-12-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
Yea Brett, we're right by you at 1st and Spokane. Right in the heart of the construction nightmare!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-12-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
The construction around here is nuts. I guess I who I am talking to when I need some camping gear. Is the location on 1st and spokane just a warehouse or do you manufacture some stuff there?
Old     (blaketheho)      Join Date: May 2007       05-12-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
It's warehouse / distribution / manufacture / design... The whole shebang! We do a bit of manufacturing in Ireland and Asia, but 90% of what we produce is made right in downtown Seattle. Turns out that it's a pretty good model for dealing with a recession.