Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old    ballin4life36            01-19-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
this is my first post, any feedback would be greatly appriciated!!
currently on my tower i have two off-brand can 6 1/2's, i want to uprade to four 6x9. i was thinking that i want to build an enclosure out of 1/2 or 3/4 inch mdf. been done? will it work? or would it be better to just buy a used (short money supply) fiberglass one. please help!!!
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-19-2006, 6:27 PM Reply   
See if Squid will make you a box, his are super nice and reasonably priced.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-19-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
Definitely talk to Squid. You will probably save money buying one from him and also save yourself the frustration.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-20-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
I third Squid....
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-20-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
I built one out of glass and its still up in the air whether id do it again. Im sure it would have been cheaper, lighter, way faster, and way less headache to just purchase one. I think Ive got enough crap left over to biuld half of another one (one of the reasons the cost was up ther).

(Message edited by bob on January 20, 2006)
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-20-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
I'm currently in the process of building one, it used to be a rectangled shaped box that I carpeted but the carpet burnt up here in Vegas. I reshaped it, rounded the ends and fiberglassed it. I'm now in the bondo stage, to quote someone else on here, "it sucks huge donkey jewels" I'm almost through it now, and I don't know how professional it will look. Much cheaper than buying though, for me it was wood and screws I already had around, fiberglass $15 and a gallon of bondo $18. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-20-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
Psyclone,Paul and Chad thanks for the kind words, but Squid is going to slow down on boxes. I am back to wanting to ride and they get in the way of riding. So I will see ya all at the mudhole monday-friday back to 5 days a week riding.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-20-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
Well I was gonna 4th Squid.....But ah heck his box's suck anyways...And he needs to learn to ride better anyways.......Just kidding Much love for Squid and his box's.....I love mine and it is pretty too!!!
Old    ballin4life36            01-20-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
thanx everyone for the input
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-20-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
Jordan, if you need any help feel free to e-mail me at wakesquid420@yahoo.com and I will answer any ? you have.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-20-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
Joran You will like the 6x9's alot better then the cans. The thing to remember (I dont think people realize)is you need power for them to sound good. I would run at least 200 watts to each one. I think thats about what I run mine @ and they are pretty loud. I can hear them while boarding. But alot of times I dont notice the music.
Old    ballin4life36            01-21-2006, 12:14 AM Reply   
that is my goal, to hear it clearly while i ride, music is a big influence to me when i ride i love it