Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-06-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
I'm looking for new board racks but $639 and I assume its just for one!
http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/fusion_sports_wakeboard_racks/fusion_p_series_rack_06
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-06-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
that thing is bad a$$
Old     (lowdrag)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-06-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
Very cool, but looking at the price hurts my eyes.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-06-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
those are like the new MC racks.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-06-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
nice, but I would never, ever ever ever spend $600 on racks. That is ridiculous.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-06-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
Our Price: $639.00 Free Shipping!

for that price i would hope shipping is included
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-06-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
i'd rather bet the skylon racks and swivel set rather than those things. but i guess if you have 1300 to spend on 2 racks...why not right?
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-06-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
yeah I saw those also. They are awesome, too bad so is the price. OUCH!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-06-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
Somebody took the original Nvert rack and improved on it. The down side is who's gonna be willing to pay more for their racks than it would cost to by four of another brand.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-06-2006, 10:21 PM Reply   
It's an issue of how much you are willing to spend to store a single board on your boat. Do the math, the simplest racks at some $250 for 2 boards have basically no extra features beyond the basic. That's $125/board. Then look at all the features that some of the racks offer. If you saw the recent WakeboardMag, I'm sure you saw the "Nice Rack" which I think is awesome, and the "Skylon" copy (yes I said "COPY")yes a story is here.
Again, do the math and figure out what is important to you.
Soon, more options will be available to you.

Duane
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-07-2006, 4:43 AM Reply   
Everybody says there is a sucker born everyday, I just can't wait to run across the sucker who buys these at this price!

I will laugh so hard I will probably incure the worse boating injury in history
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-08-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
Too bad I'm not working right now or I just might get it.I only need one anyways and it would match the racks I already have.Yes they are mucho $ but when you see what kind of cheesy racks go for $250-$300,spending the extra $ on a rack for such a convenience factor not to mention the bling.Hopefully by next year the price will go down a bit and like Duane said,maybe something better.

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-08-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
I think paying that much money for an upgraded board rack is absolutely a waste of money. I just ordered a new board rack for one side of my boat and paid 150 shipped. It is a very nice rack and I got a good deal on it but I was thinking to myself wow, I should start looking at designs and making these bad boys myself. There is so much mark up in these racks it's not even funny. they hold your board for gosh sakes.
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-08-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
What is it worth?

Your own definition of materialism begins where your budget ends.

Have any of you actually seen this rack? I have not, but your knocking it before seeing it baffles me. Is it crap or is it a real stroke of R&D?

If a chromed out "Battle Rack" with all the bling but still has bungee cords is fetching upwards of four hundy, what's this worth?. As far as I see it, the only real competitor of this rack is the Master Craft rack. What are the digits on that rack? Can you put it on your tower? It's not chrome. It appears to me they are in a class by themselves.

Ever had a board rack fail? Forks break or bend? Damage your boards? Ding your rails? Rotate? Bungee cord snap you? Boards slap together? Bungee cord break? Welds fail?

I look forward to seeing these in person. They might be worth all the money.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-08-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
Ghost rider, love the profile pic, good looking boat.
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-08-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Wake - Yes you can put Master Craft racks on your tower and the digits are 1300+ just for the racks. I wish I would have known about the Fusions 6 months ago. They look a lot nicer than the factory Supra/Roswell swivel racks now collecting dust in the garage. JMO

Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-08-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
Wake - Yes you can put Master Craft racks on your tower and the digits are 1300+ just for the racks. I wish I would have known about the Fusions 6 months ago. They look a lot nicer than the factory Supra/Roswell swivel racks now collecting dust in the garage. JMO

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
I guess Im diffrent then most people. Because If I liked thoes rack's and need'd a extra set The price wouldnt be a big issue. You can see by the way they are built and by the other products they have come out with that they should be real nice and worth the money. It crack's me up how people cant grasp how thing's cost money to make. They think somthing like this would or should cost $50. Yea no big deal to pay $250 for a rack thats a copy of a 8 year old desighn.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-09-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
Vince, nice work adapting the MC racks to your Supra! Don't feel too bad, the Fusion rack was JUST announced, so it hasn't been available for too long.

Obviously the value of these racks will be different for everyone. Compared to the OEM options out there, it's actually affordable, but compared to a bare-bones rack that simply holds your board, it looks outrageous.

If dealing with bungees every time you get your boards out of the racks isn't a bit deal, this rack probably doesn't make much sense. If, on the other hand you want a rack that is bulletproof and has more technology than anything else, this is the rack for you.

Frankly, after years of the same basic designs, I'm glad to see innovations such as pivoting and clamps racks available, and I can't wait to see what else is coming.
Old    qbanboarder312            01-16-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
Those are just like the Mastercraft Racks.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-16-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
i hope they made it stronger than mc's. don't get me wrong, the mc racks are my favorite, but they need to hold a little tighter and the rubber pieces need to stay on more.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-16-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
thanks poser 007, Grant I think that thier price is jsut a little over the top, sub 500 would be easier to take. I bet the profit margin on those are atleast 50%
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-16-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
It's funny how lot's of people think that our specialty manufacturers are making tons of money of these products. I agree that the cost is too high but I think that it would be quite costly to have these machined, chromed and assembled so in reality there may not be that much markup. It really comes into your approach at the market. Take these that will most likely be produced in miniscule quantities, probably hand assembled in the US, requires big bucks to even break even. On the other hand you can mass produce a flat forked rack that can be adapted to any boat for probably 1/4 of the cost so you can make equal money selling them for 1/4 of the sell. Although at these prices I would need to see more innovation and practicality to make it worthwhile. Maybe a semi-automated board locking mechanism that works in conjuction with the rotation mechanism, one that's easy to operate with one hand so you can hold on while you are loading/unloading boards.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       01-18-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
I don't get why they are chromed... They will get eaten within a few days of sea use unless there is another layer of protection on top of the chrome.

I agree that they look sick and offer a great solution to board holding but i just wish they were polsihed and anodised or made out of stainless Steel.

Seems a shame at that price to have gone with chrome.

Just my 2 cents
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-18-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
Brit Rider, I think you may be confusing "Chromed" with "Polished".

The chrome should last years, even in acid rain.

Old    time4wake            01-18-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
Well said Mikeski... I agree with pretty much everything you said- Hand assembled in North America, small quantities (relative to other industries) and you gotta pay the bills at the end of the day. Turn on the lights in the shop, run the machines etc. I think its a matter of wanting that technology but not realizing what goes into it... I mean someone had to pay a designer (in house or not) to figure out all the components etc. None of the pieces look like they're coming from another industry...
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-18-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
I need 4 of them to replace mine. With tax should be around 2500. Not bad for board racks, huh?

Something isn't right. Call them something else but wakeboard racks and they might be cheaper.

They are sic though!
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
Joe, Nope, I am totally sure of chroming. I have sold marine accessories for several years now, and those which were chromed were badly flaking in a matter of weeks.

I think its high time marine accessory manufacturers realised that many of us are not just on lakes... The UK market is primarily on the sea. Chrome, mixed with salt and our weather just won't and doesn't cut it...

I will happily back up this post iwth pictures of chrome that fell to the sea water if you want? I keep the parts in my showroom to try and highlight why i avoid chrome.