Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sciotorider)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-26-2017, 1:50 PM Reply   
I recently purchased a 2005 malibu Iride and I'm in search for a trailer for it as previous owner lived on a lake and did not need one. I know the hull of this boat is the same hull on '95 and up sunsetters so any trailer for those years boat would work. I found a tandem axle trailer that was for a 2004 malibu vlx but am curious if it would work. I know length and beam of both boats were the same but what I'm not sure of is if it being designed for a v-drive and my boat being a direct drive if the axles would be in a different location and cause too much tongue weight on my truck. Any input would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has any ideas on where to find a used trailer for my boat besides craigslist and eBay as I watch both daily I would greatly appreciate the help.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-26-2017, 1:56 PM Reply   
wont matter
Old     (sciotorider)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-26-2017, 6:51 PM Reply   
Are you saying that it won't make a difference at all or that it would be only minimal like only a 100lbs?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-27-2017, 5:31 AM Reply   
Yes should not make a difference. That trailer should work. Be glad you found something that close. Normally you won't.

Finding used inboard trailers is like they say.....needle in a hay stack!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-27-2017, 2:52 PM Reply   
dfifference will be negligible. some trailers (not the one you're looking at) you can move the winch post forward or back to dial it in. put some lead under the back seats if you want to get picky with it
Old     (sciotorider)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-28-2017, 2:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help. Ideally I would like to try the boat on trailer and make sure but that is pretty much next to impossible as i live in Ohio and boat is waiting to be picked up from dealer in Michigan and that trailer is in Florida. I think the lead weight in back would work since I was planning on buying some anyways. 100-200lbs of it should pretty much negate any tongue weight issues
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-31-2017, 7:08 AM Reply   
good plan. I like a few hundred pounds on hand to balance wake and move around depending on what we're doing.