Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Jn94defender)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-01-2016, 7:52 PM Reply   
Has anyone out there put Vantage Protection System on their boat. Considering it on my new boat... They want $1k for a 21 footer, includes a 5 year guarantee. Video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dgdip8j_Lo

Thoughts?
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       02-01-2016, 8:20 PM Reply   
What does it do? $1k for what? All the video showed was some product to clean your boat and a demo of how to apply it. $1k is a wee bit steep for some cleaner/protectant. I've had pretty good luck with 303 aerospace protectant for $25 a bottle.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-01-2016, 8:20 PM Reply   
We have the film over the transom of our MC, definitely wouldn't go without it. Even after 19 seasons of riding I still somehow manage to ding my board on the transom from time to time and the film is clutch. Makes sense to protect an area where scratches are inevitable and keep the gelcoat looking fresh as it ages.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-02-2016, 6:56 AM Reply   
J K

is just spamming every thread he can trying to sell crap.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-02-2016, 6:58 AM Reply   
My bad wrong screen name
Old     (Jn94defender)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-02-2016, 6:58 AM Reply   
Here are the main pages from the brochure. It is a spray on, wipe off application. Keeps you from waxing for 5 years and protects against most things (so they say)
Attached Images

Old     (Jn94defender)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-02-2016, 7:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
J K

is just spamming every thread he can trying to sell crap.
I don't know what the hell you are talking about. I am not trying to sell anything, I am trying to get information from people that know more than me.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-02-2016, 7:07 AM Reply   
Read above

I said my bad I got you mixed up with the guy trying to sell LED dock bumpers.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-02-2016, 8:04 AM Reply   
That's seems like an offer to the Wally's! Pick up the full lineup of Boat Bling sauces and keep your boat clean, waxed, and conditioned all the time. Really this seems like an up sale to get your money. If you do it you might as well not clean the boat ever and turn it in to get your money's worth.
Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       02-02-2016, 3:04 PM Reply   
I recently had a nano coating installed on my 2012 X2. I had it applied in November and have not used the boat yet. However, I am very impressed with how glossy it made my boat. The name of the product is "Beeds". My local boat detail dude, "Tyler", performed the install. Check out the picture.
Attached Images

Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-02-2016, 6:17 PM Reply   
Save your money and just don't neglect your boat. Something like this will give you a mindset of "oh it's clean, I put that expensive crap on it" and you won't bother to clean it that often, and it'll just end up looking nasty anyhow. We just put 125 hours on our new boat last summer and it still looks like it just came off the factory floor, and all we use is Spotless (there's a thread with reviews on here somewhere, it's awesome stuff) and Meguiar's hydrophobic spray wax. Wipe the boat down after every use (not hard, takes two minutes), throw a light coat of Spotless on after every couple of uses (adds a minute to wiping it down since Spotless goes on when the boat's still damp and you don't have to go over it twice, spray on and wipe off) and put a light coat of Meguiar's on every couple of weeks if you use it regularly. Wipe down the seats after every use (use a cheap degreaser like Super Clean now and then, this takes no time), vacuum the carpet when it needs it, and you'll have a showroom-worthy boat.

Again, don't neglect the boat. It's extremely simple to keep it looking nice and you'll take more pride in your boat when you put a small amount of extra work in.