Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Chancew94)      Join Date: Feb 2015       01-19-2016, 10:17 AM Reply   
Hello all,

Picked up a pair of these KMT60 over the holidays for my 96 mc 205, I know they aren't true hlcd but for the price they seemed right. There aren't a whole lot of reviews on these things and from what I've read they don't like bass. Any one have luck with these? Right now I just have two Polk speakers in the cabin and a kicker comp 10.

I also want to add a perko,

What amp and battery would you guys suggest?

And would a tower volume control be necessary?

Also anyone running a Samson edge tower with a tower system. Curious to see how they'll look.

Thanks.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-19-2016, 1:07 PM Reply   
The KMT60 box comes with two pods, so did you actually get a pair as in 4 pods or just a KMT60 with 2 pods? For just the two pods, the Kicker KMX400.2 is ideal and the Wet Sounds Syn-2 or Arc KS300.2 would be a premium. A 4 chnl like the Syn-4 to drive 2 pair/4 pods.

I wouldnt run any tower pod on full-pass, regardless of its size, as none need any bass. Having said that, the KMT60 will produce some excellent mid-bass since you get four 6.5" mid-bass woofers. its a much smoother setup compared to four 6.5" coaxials IMO.

Perko as in switch? If so, id suggest a Blue Sea switch. Much better made and well worth price difference. Perko switches are cheap feeling, have short studs, small studs and only one spot to route cables in and out.

The battery choice will be influenced by how you intend to use that 2nd bank. Cranking, house both and how long with what current draw while on the hook?

Rather then tower volume control I would suggest in-boat volume control at a minimum or better yet, dual zone control like the Kicker ZXM-RLC.
Old     (Chancew94)      Join Date: Feb 2015       01-19-2016, 5:10 PM Reply   
Yes there is a total of 4 pods, 2 pair.

Great thanks for the info!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-19-2016, 5:45 PM Reply   
Ok, great. My amp options wouldnt change, but I would toss a couple other viable options into the hat. Rockford P500.2 or the Roswell RMA500.2.