Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-16-2016, 3:32 PM Reply   
Here we go again with Pavati boats, I know I know I know. Does ANYONE have: a friend, a relative? Or maybe you own one yourself. I am days away from pulling the trigger on a 2016 Supra Se550. I went to the Atlanta boat show today and looked at the Pavati Up close and would love to talk to someone other than Pavati about the boat.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-16-2016, 11:40 PM Reply   
Have you looked at an MB? Hahaha
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-17-2016, 7:58 AM Reply   
Be a game changer. If it impressed you that much, do a demo and make sure it meets your needs and go with it. Also, you can't go wrong with the Supra either.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       01-17-2016, 8:02 AM Reply   
I was there too and checked out the pavati very impressive . Im not sure I am willing to gamble on a 150k boat without any track record . I was told they only build about 20 boats a year. Take your time and check them out that dealer also sells Nautique sounds like a good spring road trip .
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-17-2016, 8:22 AM Reply   
The only problem I have with that is the closest dealer to me is in Dothan Al. I am in Augusta, Ga. They are 5 hours from me. Warranty work?
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-17-2016, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
I was there too and checked out the pavati very impressive . Im not sure I am willing to gamble on a 150k boat without any track record . I was told they only build about 20 boats a year. Take your time and check them out that dealer also sells Nautique sounds like a good spring road trip .

The guy there from Pavati said there was 26 boats in the world and 3 being in australia. I like being different but I just wonder what I will have in 3-4 years.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       01-17-2016, 8:39 AM Reply   
realistically, you will have a boat that will have depreciated more than most due to the lack of knowledge about the brand and would be very hard to sell on the used market based on their branding right now. lot could change in the next 5 years tho as they refine their product line.
I have ridden in a '12 preproduction unit and what you will have is a very solid, hand built boat that will withstand a whole lot more thrashing than a fiberglas wakeboat and is built with some of the top quality materials and vendors in the boating industry. I don't know welding but did hear h2oking(harold) talk about the quality of the beads(I got a sense he really knows his $hit when it comes to welding) and overall the boat we were on felt very well built.
I would demo one first before I would ever spend coin. I heard the wakeboard wake is very good but we had a tough time getting a decent surfwake and he still had some issues to iron out. a credit to the owner tho as he took a ton of notes over the 2 days of the polar bear. a genuine concern to want to get the boat right.

I know their roots are in drift boats and have a very solid rep around the pac.nw as a top quality boat builder. it's the son of the owner that is trying to make a go at the wakeboat market.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       01-17-2016, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclimie View Post
Here we go again with Pavati boats, I know I know I know. Does ANYONE have: a friend, a relative? Or maybe you own one yourself. I am days away from pulling the trigger on a 2016 Supra Se550. I went to the Atlanta boat show today and looked at the Pavati Up close and would love to talk to someone other than Pavati about the boat.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!
Go with the Supra
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-17-2016, 11:35 AM Reply   
They have it all worked out now super nice boat built by craftsman. Warranty work should not be a problem depending on what power plant you go with.
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-17-2016, 3:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm01 View Post
realistically, you will have a boat that will have depreciated more than most due to the lack of knowledge about the brand and would be very hard to sell on the used market based on their branding right now. lot could change in the next 5 years tho as they refine their product line.

I have ridden in a '12 preproduction unit and what you will have is a very solid, hand built boat that will withstand a whole lot more thrashing than a fiberglas wakeboat and is built with some of the top quality materials and vendors in the boating industry. I don't know welding but did hear h2oking(harold) talk about the quality of the beads(I got a sense he really knows his $hit when it comes to welding) and overall the boat we were on felt very well built.

I would demo one first before I would ever spend coin. I heard the wakeboard wake is very good but we had a tough time getting a decent surfwake and he still had some issues to iron out. a credit to the owner tho as he took a ton of notes over the 2 days of the polar bear. a genuine concern to want to get the boat right.

I know their roots are in drift boats and have a very solid rep around the pac.nw as a top quality boat builder. it's the son of the owner that is trying to make a go at the wakeboat market.

Thank you for your input.
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       01-17-2016, 3:24 PM Reply   
We had a Pavati tow our last completion here in South Australia - first comp in the world toed by Pavati - unfortunately I missed it as I was overseas.

One of the good riders here has been using 2 different boats for several months and they have been very happy and ha no issue with all his tricks.

From what I have heard the boat is great finish and build, can probably do with some more weight and more refined controls. A few complained about the wake being "soft" (more weight?) but from my understanding some of this is being addressed and the local Pavati guys were really good to deal with and interested in feedback - jump on the Wakeboard South Australia facebook site and ask a few questions there.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-17-2016, 7:43 PM Reply   
If they perform as well as they are built and thought put they will be awesome. I too saw the one at the Atl. boat show......one bad a$$ boat. The M235 was pretty awesome too. The boat show price on the Pavati was 50 grand less than the G25 so it wasn't the most expensive boat there.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       01-18-2016, 5:32 AM Reply   
I actually go to see one on the water last summer, but unfortunately not up too close. It actually was pretty impressive looking.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-18-2016, 9:58 AM Reply   
Saw the Pavati in person yesterday for the first time. Interested to see how long the large sticker covering the whole side of the boat lasts. No rub rail to act as a bumper when loading/docking. Other then that it looked interesting.....