Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Timebomb142)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-09-2013, 7:55 AM Reply   
So here is a pic of the progress on the cable park terminus wake is build 1 hour north of Atl
Attached Images

Old     (parkerbomar)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-09-2013, 4:26 PM Reply   
I cant wait to ride it as a KSU student.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2013, 6:37 PM Reply   
Where is this?
I heard there was a cable installed at Aqualand, but haven't had chance to go there, and this obviously this is something different.
Old     (mccormickscablepark)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-11-2013, 7:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dococ View Post
Where is this?
I heard there was a cable installed at Aqualand, but haven't had chance to go there, and this obviously this is something different.
Acworth, GA...just north of downtown hotlanta
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2013, 10:59 PM Reply   
Thanks, M.
More northwest of the A, my brother-in-law used to live in Acworth, and we rode Allatoona for many years before moving to NorCal, although Lanier is where I grew up. Amazing to have two different cable parks in Georgia, I never would have believed it in a million years.
Do you know who is behind this project? Is Ambush involved(?), as they seem to be the major gravitational force around which most things wakeboarding revolve in that part of the country. Stoked to try this out when I'm back there, although my friends keep their houseboat at Aqualand, so I'll prob hit up that one first. Do you know the timeline for completion of the Acworth park? Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2013, 11:11 PM Reply   
OK, I found their website, which has lots of info. Sounds like this will be major.
http://terminuswakepark.com
I still can't quite believe it, but I guess an obvious sign of the changing industry. Almost makes me wanna move back there, almost...
Old     (BuyWake_Rhett)      Join Date: May 2013       08-12-2013, 12:01 PM Reply   
We rode up there earlier to check out the progress first hand, it looks good! They just laid a ton of sod up there. It's really coming together! For those inquiring, the park is half a mile from a city called Emerson, GA. Acworth is close but is still a good seven or eight miles South.
Old     (mcane6)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-12-2013, 12:27 PM Reply   
Prices?
Old     (parkerbomar)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-12-2013, 7:36 PM Reply   
SMG is the force behind it.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2013, 10:30 PM Reply   
Rhett,
Thanks for the update. Any word on when it is slated to open? Website says spring 2013 but obviously that was an ambitious projection.
I can't wait to try it next time I'm back in there, great excuse to escape the in-laws for a day or two.
I might skip the Aqualand thing, found some vid and it looks not super impressive - 2.0 system with some small structures and it appears not much else except a shoreline of that squishy sticky clothes-staining Georgia red clay that I know all so well and do not miss. Maybe they've made some improvements since the vid was shot.
Old     (Timebomb142)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-13-2013, 6:05 AM Reply   
I have friends at SMG and the open date is the first of next summer. Everything should be operating by spring but only pro rider i think will be allowed at first to help with kicker placement
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-13-2013, 6:39 AM Reply   
Georgia has had a huge amount of rainfall this summer compared to the past 6 or 7 years so thats probably why the project is taking longer than expected.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-13-2013, 7:34 AM Reply   
I think the entire east coast has experienced more rainfall than usual this summer
Old     (Timebomb142)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-13-2013, 11:29 AM Reply   
Rain and it toke 6 month longer than expected to get all the permits from the county before they could even move any dirt.
Old     (wakeskierbrad)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-16-2013, 1:06 PM Reply   
Cable, towers, and the rest of the equipment are on property, and they have begun assembling. It should take about 2 weeks before they are pulling riders. There is still warm weather around until at least October, and as far as I have heard they plan on opening this year. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old     (mcane6)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-19-2013, 7:09 AM Reply   
I would def like to know details on planned opening because I'm highly considering buying the season pass package.