Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Losy)      Join Date: Sep 2019 Location: Long Beach Send a message via ICQ to Losy       06-05-2020, 3:50 PM Reply   
Purchased a 2012 V215 this past year. looking to get a better wake for surfing. I did search the forum and most of the posts are very old. Maybe they still apply. I have stock ballast, but consider the wakebuster 750lbs bags. Any tips? Just purchased an Acme 1433 prop I will be putting on next week.
Old     (broncofan)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-05-2020, 4:06 PM Reply   
I used to have a v215. Attach a dock rope to handle rail lay a bag on surf side across it use a carabiner. The key with that boat is weight in all ballast and listed. Good luck
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-11-2020, 7:44 AM Reply   
key with any sanger is to list it until the rub rail is in the water. also likes a bit of bow weight to push the nose down. stock ballast will not work. simply not enough of it in the boat. I'd put 750 in the back and spread some lead throughout the boat.

putting weight on your seats will lead to the seams pulling apart.. so I wouldn't do it.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-11-2020, 2:50 PM Reply   
I've had Sangers for 10 years. Currently we have a 2015 - V215. Sangers aren't as easy as some to set up for wakesurfing but they can produce a pretty darn good wave. Here's what works for us:
Both rear lockers filled (900lb bags). Front locker bag filled (300lb bag). 100lbs lead up front. 100 lbs of lead mid ship and 200 lbs of lead in both rear lockers in the far back corners (Leadwake 50lb bags). I've run both Ronix and Nauticurl wakeshapers and prefer the Nauticurl. This year I'm running double Nauticurls and the wave is really good (one furthest back I can with the top edge just breaking the water line and the other forward of that as low as I can go). We run between 10.8 and 11.2 - typically 11.2 for us.

I do highly suggest you look up Wake9 on YouTube (he's been on for almost 10 years). Robert and his family have been surfing longer than most of us even knew what it was. He has put 2 of a 4 part series out so far on setting up your boat for surfing. He has real data plus his what works. Highly worth it. Hope that helps. BTW - join the Sanger Boat Owners FB page. Lots of good info on it.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-12-2020, 3:33 AM Reply   
on my 230 we run 1100 in the corner. full belly bag. 750 in the walkway. plus about 800 in lead. on occassion I'll move some lead to the listed side if we're short on peeps.

double shapers? interesting. thought about building one ginormous shaper at 60 or 70° off the boat instead of the 45° degree one I used last year.

got wave pics?
Old     (Losy)      Join Date: Sep 2019 Location: Long Beach Send a message via ICQ to Losy       06-12-2020, 1:32 PM Reply   
This is percisely what I needed to hear. Just Ordered the 750lbs tank buster kit from Wakemakers. currently on backorder. Sangertom..How did you fit the 900lbs bags? Maybe I will cancel and have them use a larger bag. I will order lead also like suggested. I am using a delta 2.0 wake shaper. Cleans up the wave, but until i get more weight hard to tell. I have watched wake9 videos. Very interesting helpful.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-12-2020, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losy View Post
This is percisely what I needed to hear. Just Ordered the 750lbs tank buster kit from Wakemakers. currently on backorder. Sangertom..How did you fit the 900lbs bags? Maybe I will cancel and have them use a larger bag. I will order lead also like suggested. I am using a delta 2.0 wake shaper. Cleans up the wave, but until i get more weight hard to tell. I have watched wake9 videos. Very interesting helpful.
I will try and post a picture of the side panels next to the engine. They installed "L brackets (2) of them on each panel to help brace the panel against the weight. The bags each have a reversible pump and are cross plumbed on the overflow so when you turn the "slosh" goes to the other bag instead of out of the boat.

See if you can fit a 2nd Delta - the 2nd one (Nauticurl) made the wave harder so its easier to pump back in at the back of the wave.
Old     (Losy)      Join Date: Sep 2019 Location: Long Beach Send a message via ICQ to Losy       06-12-2020, 5:23 PM Reply   
Sounds like a nice setup. Did you have the bag installed by a shop? I will have to try a second delta.