Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-28-2014, 8:56 PM Reply   
So my Ronix Ibex 144 just cracked down the middle. I need a board advice. I don't have anywhere to demo and have loved my Ibex since I got it. Anything similar to it? Was looking at Hyperlite Marek, but see they are continuous rockers compared to what I have now which is a 3 stage. What yall think?
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-30-2014, 7:11 AM Reply   
Hey Aaron,

Although the parks is a 3-stage I would still recommend checking out the Hyperlite Marek.

even though its a continuous rocker, dont be fooled into thinking it wont have any upward snap that you loved so much about the parks. the Marek is an abrupt continuous meaning it has a smooth curve between your feet but a noticeable kink at the tip and tail for added vertical snap off the wake.

It also glides super fast and rolls onto edge as quickly as you can turn it. One of my favorite things about it is that it can generate tons of speed in a very short distance, which can translate into huge vertical pop. But it does so with a predictable boot and maintaining control. I have been having more fun out on the water than ever before and wouldn't trade it for any other board.

Hope this helps, good luck in your search.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-30-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Tom hit it pretty much on the head when talking about the Marek.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-30-2014, 7:55 AM Reply   
I would also check out the B-Side or whatever watsons shape is called now. The B-side, to me, feels faster than the Marek and though the rocker lines are different I feel that the B-side pops better for me. I rode the Marek for a year and i did enjoy it, but Im just not a fan of the sharp step down rail and the way it makes the board track.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-30-2014, 11:25 AM Reply   
I suggest the CWB Reverb 146
I picked one up and love it. It has a subtle 3 stage rocker also.
I love the Marius but wanted to try something bigger.....And really like the Reverb 146!!!
Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-30-2014, 3:36 PM Reply   
Should I get the 140 or 145, I weight 185. Is the marek light and easy to spin