Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ZeM)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-11-2014, 12:06 PM Reply   
Hi all,

I just drive 6 hours to buy Ronix Bill wlth Ronix One 2014 black bindings. And i need to to go back in 15 hours so i need to decide to buy or not and i have the following concern:

My work shoe size and converse shoe size is 11, nike tennis shoe size 12. Here they have only 11 size bindings. I tried them and my toe touches to the front. My snowboard shoe size is 12 but i wear them with two socks. The problem with 11 size One binding is that it is quite snug (maybe more than it should) but this will be my first closed binding so i am not sure if it is the right feeling.

I also read about the heat molding and the only way i can do it here is with bath tub method. Do you think it will be fine with 11 size boots? Is heat molding really effective?

I really appreciate your fast response.

Thanks in advance!
Old     (ZeM)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-11-2014, 12:44 PM Reply   
Btw; i dont have a chance to try any 12 size bindings..
Thanks..
Old     (RiverRatA20)      Join Date: Aug 2013       10-11-2014, 1:33 PM Reply   
I have a pair of Ronix code boots size 10..I wear size 10 in all my shoes vans, work boots and reeboks.. My toes have about 1/4 to spare.
I know the ONES run a smidge small as I have tried a pair of 10's.

The codes are tight to my foot and I would not be able to get them on without boot spray. but once on they fit great.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-11-2014, 6:32 PM Reply   
Go 12s. I have 2 pair. they fit true to size. If they seem a touch big heat molding will fix that. Heat mold does make a difference. So comfy!!!!
Old     (ZeM)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-11-2014, 11:40 PM Reply   
So did you mean 11? Because with 11 size my foot is touching but with heat molding it will make a difference and i will have some space and my foot wont touch to the front. Am i correct? Because my normal shoe size is 11 but with 11 boot size my foot really touches to the front (even when bending knees; riding position). The boots costs 600 usd in my country and i have to decide in 3 hours whether to buy or not. Please help guys..
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       10-12-2014, 1:08 AM Reply   
Yes, the Ones fit true to size. Heat molding is a must and bending your knees should relieve some pressure from your toes touching the front of your boot. I never tried the warm water molding method but if that's all u can do. Or maybe a hair dryer on low heat?
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-12-2014, 3:55 PM Reply   
I found my One's (2012 version) to if anything run small and tight. I wear a 9 1/2 or 10 in nearly everything, but my size 10 One's were so snug I often had to cut sets short because my feet were in such pain from losing circulation. Heat molding helped for awhile, but they eventually would go back to being tight. I ended up replacing them with a size larger. I've had other Ronix boots in the past and since and never found the other models to run on the small/tight side. I don't know whether the One is really different than the other Ronix models or whether I just had a bad pair of boots.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       10-12-2014, 4:05 PM Reply   
I wear 9.5 in all my shoes and went with 2013 Ones in a 9. They were tight at first but then they packed out.
Old     (jakeolsen11)      Join Date: Sep 2014       10-12-2014, 7:19 PM Reply   
Can heat molding help if the bindings are too big? Also how do you heat mold?
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-13-2014, 12:53 AM Reply   
From my experience the One's fit true to size.

On a side note, why on earth do you wear 2 pairs of socks while snowboarding?
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-13-2014, 2:28 PM Reply   
I wear Nike 12.5 and I have size 12 Ones
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-13-2014, 5:16 PM Reply   
On a side note, why on earth do you wear 2 pairs of socks while snowboarding?

This. And do you clip your toenails? If I were you I'd go with 12s. My feet are a true 9.5-10 and my size 10 cells still make my feet hurt sometimes.
Old     (kevSML)      Join Date: Jun 2014       10-13-2014, 5:31 PM Reply   
So do yall have any wiggle room for the toes when you first buy/use them? Or do you have your toes touching the end of the boot/toe box? I'm a first time closed toe boot buyer with no wake shops near me. Trying to figure it out
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-14-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevSML View Post
So do yall have any wiggle room for the toes when you first buy/use them? Or do you have your toes touching the end of the boot/toe box? I'm a first time closed toe boot buyer with no wake shops near me. Trying to figure it out
My toes don't touch the front... I wouldn't want them to on any pair of shoes, boots, ski boots, wake bindings
Old     (ZeM)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-16-2014, 1:41 AM Reply   
I wear two pairs of socks because 11 in Burton is again small but 12 is a little big and I want tight feeling for better control. Thats why I was wondering if heat molding or using after 3-4 sets will make a difference but I decided not to buy 11 size Ronix. Now actually I found Jobe boards (Conflict model of Julian Cohen) in my hometown and actually they are more flex and better for cable parks. So I will go with their board/boots which they have 11/12 size (I hope they will fit this time).

Thanks for the replies.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-16-2014, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeM View Post
I wear two pairs of socks because 11 in Burton is again small but 12 is a little big and I want tight feeling for better control. Thats why I was wondering if heat molding or using after 3-4 sets will make a difference but I decided not to buy 11 size Ronix. Now actually I found Jobe boards (Conflict model of Julian Cohen) in my hometown and actually they are more flex and better for cable parks. So I will go with their board/boots which they have 11/12 size (I hope they will fit this time).

Thanks for the replies.
Sounds to me like you need to clip your toenails and wear thin socks for your snowboard boots, or use a different brand if Burton don't fit. I'd never wear two pairs of socks to try to increase fit and feel because it won't ever happen.

Good luck though.