Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-21-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
Getting close to finishing my order and just want to confirm something as I cannot seem to find much discussion on the subject...

I am looking at Seadek on the floor of my Axis and i'm trying to figure out if I can expect it to be a hot surface after sitting in the sun. I guess all things considered I'll ask if its hotter than other products? Obviously most anything sitting in the sun is hot but just curious what to expect.

Ive narrowed it down to Seadek as the other option was Deckadence.....although its a fantastic looking/feeling/functional product....its $2000 for a drop in piece for just the floor of the boat. For half of that ill be redoing the floor, all non skid areas, and the back swim deck.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-21-2014, 9:38 AM Reply   
Yes! At least in Parker AZ it gets hot as a mutha!
Old     (Treyman42)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-21-2014, 9:56 AM Reply   
Before you go out, take the water hose and spray the floor. Seadek is hot at first but when it gets wet it stays cool for the rest of the day.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-21-2014, 10:44 AM Reply   
I don't know about stays cool the rest of the day. Depends on you're weather I suppose. 100+, you're wearing shoes in the boat. Especially if direct sunlight is hitting it.
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-21-2014, 10:48 AM Reply   
i guess thats similar to the mat that came stock in the boat. Hot at first but with a little air and water it stays cool all day. driving around none of it really sits in the sun that much I guess.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-21-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
Depends on color.. I have gray - and it doesn't get hot at all.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-21-2014, 10:42 PM Reply   
I have grey Seadek on my A24 platform and when it's dry you can't stand on it more than a few seconds when it gets around 95 degrees or more. I also agree, depends on where you live. If you live in the south...forget it in my opinion. I had the Tatami mat in my A22 and in Texas you could forget about that as well from the middle of June to the middle of Sept...very hot on the feet.

Last edited by you_da_man; 06-21-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old     (jrz1)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-22-2014, 4:46 AM Reply   
I have tan and really don't think it gets that hot under foot. I'm in Charlotte NC so temps get into the upper 90's so it does get hot but I don't have an issue with my sea deck. Maybe that's because it's always getting wet as well, who knows. I love it.
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-22-2014, 5:44 PM Reply   
If you get the light colours it is great. If you get a dark colour it can get hot. Just like upholstery. I love mine!
Old     (Jmarc)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-22-2014, 9:27 PM Reply   
What is the best way to clean it. I have light gray and it gets dirty so fast
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-26-2014, 6:16 PM Reply   
Water and perhaps a light brush with soap. I usually only use water.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-26-2014, 7:54 PM Reply   
I have medium grey on the transom and the walk through and even here in Texas, I haven't noticed it getting too hot to stand on.

Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       06-27-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
We have the exact same as pic asbove and here in Florida it does not get too bad. I have the deckadence flooring and it gets warm but not hot and this past weekend it was 97 boat in sun all day and no problems
Old     (jonsquatch)      Join Date: Aug 2013       06-27-2014, 10:06 AM Reply   
I live in AZ and boat in the Phoenix area, never use shoes on the boat. The Seadek on my boat (titanium gray) is fine in the summer, the vinyl gets way hotter. I will say having a teak deck makes a huge improvement over fiberglass when it comes to temperature regardless of what you have on it.