Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-09-2016, 12:19 PM Reply   
Ok....I hear a lot about how 1 boat is really small inside compared to another boat. Thing is we are talking about boats that are the same length and width. Some companies go with cab forward design to make the main area bigger and what not. How about a thread that gives dimensions to what's out there?

I'm curious as to how much extra room you get with G23 vs G25 vs LSV 23 etc...

I'll start

2016 Z3

Passenger rating =16
Seat height : 16"
Seat width: 19"
Seat to gunnels: 19"
Observer bench: 8 feet
Drivers side bench: 4'
Side to side: 6' 3" (vinyl to vinyl)
Playpen: 4'8 to the cooler
Cooler:2'8"
Playpen max width: 5'2'
Tower height:6'1"
Walkway:35"

Last edited by Bakes; 12-09-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-11-2016, 8:31 AM Reply   
You should really have "width of cabin floor" as that's where a lot of people feel boats are smaller feeling. That's where the Z3 felt cramped to me for 23' boat.
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-11-2016, 9:17 AM Reply   
Walkway=width of cabin floor=35"

The reality is that, for the most part, it really comes down to the length of observers bench. 102" beam boats are all going to probably be within an inch or two side to side. The width of the cabin floor is going to be a trade off with seat width. For example, I think the new RZX has skinnier seats and a wider cabin floor width.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-11-2016, 1:43 PM Reply   
axis have narrower gunnels and feel much larger than other boats of their size
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-07-2017, 6:59 PM Reply   
So I measured a couple of boats today at the boat show. Looks like he the main difference is that the LSV and the G23 are 3" wider cushion to cushion and that they have a walkway that is 5-6" wider.

Agree that that they feel a little more roomy; however, I really can't use the word cramped. anyone who uses the ol "it's a 23 foot boat that feels like a 20-21 foot boat" statement need to stick 8 people in a modern 20 footer and 8 people in a modern 23 footer and see if that statement still holds water.

I do like the wide walkways but I think it really comes down to how many people and how hyper they are.

G23
6'6
8'
We=40
Seat=19"

LSV
6'6
8'4
We 41
Seat =18

Anywho....a lot of sweet boats out there
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-07-2017, 10:12 PM Reply   
I guess with all things being about equal I would guess the differences aren't glaring .... but if you go between two a lot, then you may notice.

When we had our 95' Super Sport and would ride that 2-3x times a week, and 2-3x a week would ride my buddy's newer VLX it was night and day in terms of space.... but the VLX was much larger on paper, so it made sense. The thing that made their boat feel that much bigger was certainly the width of the cabin area though, the beam + gunnels gave a significant feel of space vs. our tiny cabin.

... on the flip side coming from a close bow direct drive, in 2006 when we bought the super sport it felt HUGE.... now we have a LSV and the super sport looked tiny.