Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       12-05-2016, 8:58 AM Reply   
What's up y'all... thinking about upgrading boats at the beginning of 2017 and thought I'd reach out for opinions before we pull the trigger. We've got a T23 and are thinking about upgrading to a 23 LSV. I already know what I'm paying for regarding fit/finish upgrade, but I'm curious about the wake difference - wakeboard/surf. Have any of you done enough riding behind both boats to be able to provide a decent opinion on whether or not the 23LSV produces a better wake? Really, if the wakes are about the same, we'll probably hold on to the T23 another year and then go with the 25 LSV at the beginning of 2018.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-05-2016, 9:38 AM Reply   
^^They are really close but you'll probably get a little better engine performance out of the LSV depending on what you have in your T23.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-05-2016, 9:49 AM Reply   
Hulls are nearly identlical.

Only differences you may say are from the added weight of the creature comforts and the power wedge
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-05-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
I work with Malibu and SMG Wake Houston. I've had 2 23LSVs and one of my riding buddies just got a T23 with the 410 engine (My LSV had the 410). Behind the boat, you are talking the same size, comfort and performance. The subtle differences I would mostly attribute to our personal tweaks on setting up the boat. You won't really see improvement, but it will still be just as awesome.

I personally go Malibu because of the differences inside the boats. I would base your decision mostly around that.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       12-05-2016, 2:28 PM Reply   
For the wake, no really big difference honestly. The big differences will be in the boat interior. axis and malibus are the same boats, Axis is just the "economic" option. Less electronic, less flashy things for a lower price. But both use the same wave technology it depends on the weight. I've done lots of hours on a 2015 23lsv and i tried once a 2016 T23 a full day. And i didnt seen any big difference ON THE WAKE. If it was me i'll go with a lsv too.. just because for me i found Axis a little bit cheap for the price difference.
If i can say it like that for Exemple
it looks like axis take a malibu, remove10k of stock and sell it 5k less then the other haha.. bit its just my personal opinion!
Old     (80AM)      Join Date: Apr 2016       12-05-2016, 5:10 PM Reply   
If you're only option is used on a T23 is the 5.7, go for the LSV if you can afford it.

Brand new with the 410, go T23, so much more boat for your money. Save the difference and spend it on gas money. 30k gets you a lot of gas.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       12-05-2016, 5:37 PM Reply   
Really good point Adam. The heart of the boat are the same.. the primary point is doing wakeboard/wakesurf no!? Yeah malibus offer more but.. its flashy things after all! Its sure if you like being look by everybody.. spend more money on that but if you like tour t23 style and you just wanna appreciate.
like adam said save the money and spend it on your board!

Last edited by Mike88; 12-05-2016 at 5:38 PM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-06-2016, 5:51 AM Reply   
Whatever you do, buy one before they start making their own engines
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-06-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
does the 23lsv ride better than the t23? In my experience inside a t23 i was unpleasantly surprised how rough the ride was above 20mph.. At 25 it hits minimal rollers like a freight train. I love the space and everything about the boat but in order to get a comfortable ride we have to fill the belly and bow tanks in order to cut through semi rough water better.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-06-2016, 4:30 PM Reply   
Nope, malibus ride like poop, except maybe the m235 but I don't know about that one.
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       12-08-2016, 10:32 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys... guess we'll just wait till the boat show rolls around next month and see what happens!
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-08-2016, 6:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
does the 23lsv ride better than the t23? In my experience inside a t23 i was unpleasantly surprised how rough the ride was above 20mph.. At 25 it hits minimal rollers like a freight train. I love the space and everything about the boat but in order to get a comfortable ride we have to fill the belly and bow tanks in order to cut through semi rough water better.
Well it makes sense to get the "v" part of the hull more into the water when encountering chop.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-09-2016, 12:05 AM Reply   
The t23 caught me by surprise when I rode in it because I recall being in a 08 23lsv and it being a lot smoother. Same with a 247 I was in but my experiences with those was pretty far apart and not a true comparison. I figured a newer hull would have improved on the ride as well. Not a deal breaker thought- it's a really nice boat perfect proportions imo. The cabin space is perfect but doesn't leave the bow feeling cramped or waste extra space up there where you don't need it. We still have yet to perfectly dial the wave but the wake was more than enough loaded up.