Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-05-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
The price of gas up here just really sucks and it sucks so bad that the gas stations need to hire their own armored truck to take away all that cash they make off us.
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
And thats the cheap stuff.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-05-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
News article yesterday about how WA now has the highest gas prices in the country, even more than CA.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-05-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
Yep, WA does, im in Vancouver and on the east side the cheapest is 4.29 a gallon, then drive over the bridge to Portland today and it was 4.09, they really like to sponge as much as they can off the consumer until they really have to drop the price….
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-05-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
Vancouver BC is even worse. I drive across the border to Washington just to fill up. Ours is $ 1.28 per liter which would be $ 5.81 if I did that right. We are getting screwed. The refinery in WA has a fire so our gas prices jump way up compared to WA which barely moved.
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       06-05-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
I just started dewinterizing so they better get that fire put out fast before I have to fill up on the way to the lake. Washougal Shell, $4.35 this morning.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-05-2012, 3:37 PM Reply   
i cant find 4.29 anywhere here in the bay area peninsula.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-05-2012, 4:39 PM Reply   
Ha. Come to cook county, Chicago IL. We have had the country beat for some time. Highest tax on gas in the nation and the highest prices in the nation
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-05-2012, 4:49 PM Reply   
The margin on gas for a station is pennies - gas stations can't stay open without selling other stuff in most cases, and overall the profit margin in the oil industry is less than most any other, including far below the profit margin of the computer manufacturer who made the computer you're typing on right now. The soda/cola you buy is far more profitable than the gas. Oh, and the government's taxes are by far and away exceed that.

In short, yah I hate paying for gas - my truck holds more than $100 worth so I actually can't usually fill up without having to run my card twice! However, don't blame the gas station owner, or even the oil company. It's just BS.

Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-05-2012, 4:55 PM Reply   
Saw $3.389 today here.Glad to be "Stuck In Ohio"
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-05-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
Last week when I left home is was around 3.52 in Houston and surrounding areas.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-05-2012, 5:37 PM Reply   
Damn!!!!im in bay area Cali and paid $4.52 Saturday for 92 octain
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-05-2012, 6:57 PM Reply   
paid 2.99 today in Monroe. that was before the sam's club discount.
Old     (bondo)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-05-2012, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenteck View Post
The price of gas up here just really sucks and it sucks so bad that the gas stations need to hire their own armored truck to take away all that cash they make off us.
Is that in Bellevue? On northup? I work 2 blocks away.
I can kline with the gas prices, gimme some sun! This rain is killing me!
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-05-2012, 7:18 PM Reply   
3.23 In North east Tennessee....not too bad. I'm happy
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-05-2012, 7:37 PM Reply   
$4.65 for 91octane is the price down the street at our local Quick Stop. $4.33 for the 87 octane. Santa Cruz, Ca.
Old     (Wiseguy)      Join Date: May 2012       06-05-2012, 10:03 PM Reply   
The Gas Prices here in the NW are nothing compared to other places in the country as posted by others. The reason that we have an unusually high price is due to the fact that our local refinery caught on fire in Feb and is not back online yet, So gas must be shipped in. Once the refinery is up and going again prices will drop down to local norms. Hang in there!

Also if you don't know you can send your fuel receipts in to the state to get the road tax back from filling put your boat. Up to $0.35 per gallon with a simple form.

Last edited by Wiseguy; 06-05-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: extra info
Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-05-2012, 10:36 PM Reply   
Stop whining, its worse north of the border and we supply you lot with most of your oil.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-06-2012, 2:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprior View Post
The margin on gas for a station is pennies - gas stations can't stay open without selling other stuff in most cases, and overall the profit margin in the oil industry is less than most any other, including far below the profit margin of the computer manufacturer who made the computer you're typing on right now. The soda/cola you buy is far more profitable than the gas. Oh, and the government's taxes are by far and away exceed that.

In short, yah I hate paying for gas - my truck holds more than $100 worth so I actually can't usually fill up without having to run my card twice! However, don't blame the gas station owner, or even the oil company. It's just BS
You really believe all of that? Yes, the gas stations themselves make very little money per gallon, but the gas companies themselves are swimming in profits. Multi-billion dollar profits per quarter don't happened from a .2% margin on what they are selling.

Further, all of those prices are nothing more that stock market speculations that set the price. Do you really think that when gas jumps 30 cents overnight that it is somehow different fuel in the tanks that is being pumped into your vehicle?

Gas right now here is $3.36 a gallon...sucks that is considered cheap now.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-06-2012, 3:00 AM Reply   
The problem is that all of the stations are franchised and have to buy from the parent company which makes all of that profit. Then the parent company turns around a dictates to the station what they have to sell the fuel for.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-06-2012, 6:12 AM Reply   
well if everyone Votes to get rid of Obama then maybe we will be able to drill for more oil and the price of gas will go down. Its your choice!
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       06-06-2012, 7:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
You really believe all of that? Yes, the gas stations themselves make very little money per gallon, but the gas companies themselves are swimming in profits. Multi-billion dollar profits per quarter don't happened from a .2% margin on what they are selling.

Further, all of those prices are nothing more that stock market speculations that set the price. Do you really think that when gas jumps 30 cents overnight that it is somehow different fuel in the tanks that is being pumped into your vehicle?

Alright man, step back slowly, set down the kool-aid, and remove msnbc from your daily routine.

Apple has around $65 billion in revenue and rakes in near $14 billion in profit.

Compare that with Exxon's $450 billion revenue and $40 billion profit.

Exxon (THE oil company) does what a lot of others do, they pump jobs and money into the economy more than any other industry and continually get roasted for it.

While the tech companies are seen as forward thinking and green, while they supply zero job creation on the national scale and absolutely rake the consumer on profit.

Go play on your ipad, and keep bicching about the gas prices.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-06-2012, 7:23 AM Reply   
^well said
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-06-2012, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
Is that in Bellevue? On northup? I work 2 blocks away.
I can kline with the gas prices, gimme some sun! This rain is killing me!
It's in Vancouver on 99th street, just off I-5.

We were in Cali last month just north of Shasta picking Liquor on the trip home. A nice man at the pumps asked me if the gas was cheaper South of here. I said that I doubted it as Sacramento was the next major city and it probably gets higher from there. I looked at his plate as he walked away, appears he was from Kansas. Driving a mid 90's Chevy crew cab truck. Needless to say, he was pissed about the prices here.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-06-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post

your so true, the speculators, that is what it is all about, buying futures not taking delivery, sell before delivery to make a profit, buy buy buy, sell sell sell, that's what drives it up and down and nobody will admit to it or fix this, it will never change, oil is trading for 85.00 a barrel today, they should be able to ship gas to the NW, funny they say the reason why it cost so much before some such fire in WA that transportation cost to deliver the gas is why...lol
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-06-2012, 11:11 AM Reply   
i'm more upset about the weather. have you seen the rest of June's forecast for Seattle-metro? i don't know why i'm surprised, sure is getting old though. come on July 5th!
Old     (sodaksooner)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-06-2012, 7:15 PM Reply   
$3.35 for 91 octane in tulsa

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-06-2012, 7:26 PM Reply   
3.19 for regular in KC
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-07-2012, 6:07 AM Reply   
about 3.17 or so here in Jackson, MS. But if you get a kroger card and fuel points you can get 1.50 off per gallon. But you have buy a good bit of groceries to get that. 3.17-3.20 sounds cheap compared to the majority of ya'll out there, but our cost of living is different so i think its all relative. somebody in MS may get paid 10/hr for a job that somebody in a bigger city or out in the nw may get paid 15/hr but the cost of living is more up there too. its all relative i think. unless you can find a job down here that you can actually make a couple 100k a year, then you are set.
Old     (porsche)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-14-2012, 12:12 AM Reply   
85 octaine is $4.27 in Vail. It sucks that our "regular" gas isn't even 87 octaine
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       06-14-2012, 6:05 AM Reply   
$3.29 for regular in Iowa
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-14-2012, 6:15 AM Reply   
3.82 for 91+ in Wisconsin
Old     (tristan)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-14-2012, 6:22 AM Reply   
$6.25 per gallon in Ireland, you guys stateside have nothing to complain about!