Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-04-2017, 7:10 PM Reply   
New seat base has been sitting around for a long time... I finally found where I forgot it lol. Last time I tried to get the bolts out three came out and three spun free but couldn't get up out of the holes and when I tightened them down they grabbed again so I just left it. Today I got enough pressure under the base to force the bolts up once they were
loose. Well the problem lies when the nuts that were half ass glue to the under side of the fiber glass fell on top of the ballast and fell off center so I can't get them with even a longer bolt.... if you were to commit to a repair option which way would you address the three holes? I think I should cut a 2" holes in the middle and glue the washers nuts back under the hole since the seat base will cover the hole.. there is not a lot of aluminum towards the edge of the base to drill the hole much bigger in order to thread the fiber glass and install a larger bolt plus the base holes are tapered.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-05-2017, 5:57 AM Reply   
No room to access from the underside?
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-05-2017, 6:11 AM Reply   
Bore a hole in the middle large enough for you hand to fit through the hole and then glue in flange nuts from the underside.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-05-2017, 10:49 AM Reply   
No access from the under side. Hole in the middle is last resort, I ordered stainless threaded inserts to try first and then hole saw. Thanks!
Old     (21vride)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-05-2017, 11:10 AM Reply   
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/w...FRWewAod_PUHrg
this tool will help u out if its not the right size theres one out there
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-05-2017, 2:11 PM Reply   
Hey! That might work better than the
https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/0123228
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-05-2017, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21vride View Post
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/w...FRWewAod_PUHrg
this tool will help u out if its not the right size theres one out there

Nutserts like that wont work I fiberglass, only in metal.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-05-2017, 6:24 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up!
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-06-2017, 5:36 PM Reply   
I'd hole saw the portion under the base, you'd never see it and it won't lose much strength, if any. Then, bolt and epoxy the nuts to the bottom of the floor. Note, rub beeswax or parrafin wax on the threads of the screws before you put the epoxy on and you'll have no trouble unscrewing them later.

I'd probably go with some cool looking allen head screws as well.