Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rrkyle)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-28-2011, 9:19 PM Reply   
Hey Everybody, I'm looking for a new handle.

I have had terrible luck so far picking out handles. I have to buy online due to there not being a single wake shop or dealer within 2 hours of me. It's gotta be great to be able to walk in and feel all the different grips.

So far I have had a:

Proline Synergy ( Seam on the grip peeled in a month)
Straight Line Stiffy with the B2I system (Liked the grip but the stiffy bars literally cracked and broke in a week)
And a body glove that the grip tore off of in a week.

The synergy grip got too slick after the first couple uses had to squeeze the piss out of it to hang on.

I have good ropes so I only need a handle. I'm looking for something with great grip and most importantly durability. I am sick of changing my gear all the time.

I am looking at the Proline LG Chamois, Proline Militia Carbon, Ronix Frank Synthetic Wrapped, Byerly Assault Chamois Grip, and the Straight Line Hydra Tak.

Does anybody have any experience with any of these? I'm sort of intrigued by the Carbon handles and the Ronix Wrapped would love to hear some feedback on them.

I'm also open to other suggestions and would prefer the handle is less than $100. Sorry for the essay and thanks in advance for any input.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-29-2011, 7:29 AM Reply   
I personally love my Proline Faction handle!
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-29-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
Personally, I got sick of buying $100 handles just because the grip was wearing out. I ended up buying some tennis racquet grip from the sporting good store and rewrapped my handle. I did mine middle of last summer and its holding up exceptionally well. Even if I had to do it each season for $10, thats better than a new handle every year or two. http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wils...ON-CACSBK.html
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-29-2011, 7:45 AM Reply   
Are the proline handles good quality? I can get one here with a spectra line for £61 which works out around $97.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-29-2011, 9:59 AM Reply   
I have the Ronix one handle and I love it. You can just replace the grips when they wear out for under $30. the grip is very 'grippy" and when its new it does a number on your handes but it makes it easier to hold onto. I personally love the handle and its very very light. get it with the wrap handle!
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       06-29-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
Kyle - hit up caseyj@ridecwb.com and I'll get you a new handle if the Synergy seam delamed. I'll get you a LGS they are super durable!
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-29-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoubleupkid View Post
Kyle - hit up caseyj@ridecwb.com and I'll get you a new handle if the Synergy seam delamed. I'll get you a LGS they are super durable!
Gotta love that service!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
I would go with the Proline LG. Great comfort. Mine have held up great.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       06-29-2011, 12:57 PM Reply   
We just picked up the Ronix Totem handle. Like the One handle you can swap out the grips on it by loosening up 2 screws on the side. New grips are only $19.99. Seems like grips are always what messes up on our handles so I figure this way we can just swap a new grip in for $20 bucks and call it good.
Old     (rrkyle)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-30-2011, 1:03 PM Reply   
Email sent..