Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-08-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
I just got an email from 10,000 Wakes with this e-flyer in it. Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, I looked through and didn't see it. if someone has, sorry. Either way, this looks like its gonna be an awesome park.

"We are extremely excited about the FIRST cable and wake park in Minnesota! Opening May 2010!!!

We are currently working with Trophy Lake Estates to offer lessons and camps on their private, man made wakeboard lakes and also operate a sesitec 2.0 two tower cable system on a separate pond. Lessons and camps will be provided by 10kwakes Monday-Friday from 9:30am-3:30pm on the boat lake. The cable will be open 9:30am-8pm, 7 days a week most of the summer. It truly will be a wakeboard paradise like no other in the midwest. The wake park will be conveniently located 20 minutes west of Minnetonka on Hwy 7 in New Germany at Trophy Lake Estates. We will have a pro shop on site to demo all the new Liquid Force Wakeboard Gear and of course the new Malibu and Axis Boats.
More details coming soon."

Upload
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-08-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
Awesome when one park doesn't go through another pops up! Thanks for the news!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
Why is it that all these states that have really short riding seasons are getting cable's, yet CA can't pull their heads out to have one. I don't get it!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
CA has all the enviormentalist hippies that will stop anything even if it is enviormentaly friendly. Not to mention the price of land in CA is ridonkulous
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-08-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
How locked in is this plan? Meaning, is this happening for sure, or getting ironed out?

Is that pic of the actual spot, or is that an example of what you want to model this?

I'm very excited!!!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-08-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
sweetness! maybe this will mean less boats on the lakes and more butter to shred ???
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-08-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
CA sucks! I'm moving to Texas!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-08-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
I dont want to get this off topic but environmental concerns have nothing to do with cable parks. Can you build them on any old lake you want? No. Obviously it will damage the shoreline. Smaller lakes or man made ponds without nots of natural vegitation or animal life are better choices. Stop passing the blame!

This is SUPER super exciting! About 30mins from my house I will be there on the regular! Only question is can I quit my desk job and work there?
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-08-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Jeff,

Yes that is a pic of the actual spot.
I'm not running this or setting it up or anything like that, I just got this info in an email from 10000wakes.com, a lesson/camp program run out of the Twin Cities here in MN. I've known about trophy lakes estates, as they've been doing clinics and camps there. Apparently they've put in a Sesitec 2.0 there and will be opening in May of this year. So i'd say that's pretty locked in, which is awesome!
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-08-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Is this just lessons on the lake behind a boat and then the 2.0 system on a seperate pond. And is this development going to have houses on it soon? That man made lake would be a great place to go and ride. Looks like a step in the right direction to getting a real cable park.

(Message edited by nick_in_ssp on January 08, 2010)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-08-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
Sorry but at this point I still dont believe it.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-08-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
Sorry but at this point I still dont believe it. I am pretty wired into the scene in MN and have heard talks of this for a long time. Call me a the enternal skeptic but every state has someone talking cable.

Than being said if they open it I will be there a few days a week for sure.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-08-2010, 12:01 PM Reply   
Yeah but don't you think the fact that they have set hours, announced opening date, and details of what they have available seem a bit past the stage of "talking cable"? not to mention sending out an email to all customers about it. But you have a point, there's always someone talking about starting a new cable park. I think if anyone's capable of doing it, its 10,000 wakes. the man-made lakes were already there, they have boats already, their only major expenses would seem to be the Sesitec and building the pro shop. (not that that's cheap, but its better than digging lakes, buying boats, all that jazz)
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-08-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
This would be a beautiful thing and would draw attention from our crew for sure.

Look forward to this opportunity. Hope it happens.
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-08-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
I can't wait to see if this really happens - I will definitely hit it up if it happens
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-08-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
Nick, they are trying to get houses on the development. The site/ponds definitely already exist. Here's some emails that I was exchanging with one of the developers last summer:

Original Email From Trophy Lakes to a list of metro wakeboarders-
"We have a project in New Germany MN with a lake that is specially designed (2640' long and 10' deep) for Wakeboarding and Barefooting. We would be interested in hosting a Wakeboard event this season and would be willing to let you use the east lake at no charge in exchange for the exposure for our project. Since the 1st of June we have had a Slalom clinic, Barefoot clinic and two traditional water ski tournaments at this location. The state barefoot tourney will also be held here on the 1st and 2nd of August. The only group we are missing to complete the season is a good wakeboard event.

The New Germany site is 35 minutes west on Hwy 7 from 494. We have both lots and club memberships available for sale and buyers can either bring your own boat or use one of our club boats. We have sold 5 lots since the first of the year and anticipate another 5 or 6 sales by the season end.

Water depth and quality has been a problem for many of the public lakes this year so a couple of the events have been moved to our private sites. We typically have 8 or 9 events on our man made lake developments around the state in a season. This year there will be a few more with the public water issues. If you see the need to move one of your existing events due to water issues, we would be happy to accommodate you at New Germany. Additionally we have seen more problems getting a good ride on public waters. Every ride is a good one in our Trophy Lake Estates projects."

My reply:
"I was wondering if you would be able to share some lot prices with me?
Thanks!"

Trophy Lakes Reply:
"We have a couple of lots still available at $175,000, one acre with sewer and water. Roads will be blacktopped and entrances gated. Bridge over water way connecting the two lakes, tennis, sand volleyball, basketball, walk paths and fishing. Club boat is available for $500 per year per family plus your gas or you can bring your own.

We also have some club membership positions available for $48,850 and can provide financing for both with 30% down."

My reply:
"Is this in your New Germany site? I have my own XStar, so boat wouldn't be needed. Are there monthly/annual association fees? Are there minimum requirements on size/price of house? How about lake rules: ballast, hours of operation, putting up rails for sliding, NO TUBING (kidding, but it would be sweet LOL!)?
Thanks for your time,"

Trophy Lakes Reply:
"This is the New Germany site. Have other locations at Glenwood (sold out), Pine Island and Center City, MN.

Association fee is $100 per month. No minimum size or price range on the house but plans must be approved by the architectural review committee. We are looking for good designs and good quality construction. Homes that have curb appeal. Boat houses and out buildings (garages and/or guest houses) are permitted as long as they match the decor of the home.

Shore lines are constructed for wakeboard boats so ballast is not a problem. Rails are permitted but might be some restrictions on ownership and permanent installations. Would it be a problem if you maintained ownership and if you removed it when not in use?"

(Message edited by ironj32 on January 08, 2010)
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-08-2010, 12:21 PM Reply   
I will believe it when I see it, like andy. I for one would probably not go just because I am old school, dont hit kickers, dont ride rails, and have a boat. That picture doesn not show any progress in building other than a lake that was put there anyway. It might be a housing development for all I know. I would be shocked if a housing development allowed a cable park in their backyard. It doesnt supprise me that Axis and Bu would be a part of it seeing as how MN Inboard's service and storage shop is in New Germany anyway.

For those wishing for a cable in MN, I hope it goes through for you. I would go check it out but probably save my money for gas in my boat.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
From what I am understanding this is not going to be a cable park like we think of them. It is the 2.0 system on a different water way. Looks like you could have almost 30 lots on this lake. As soon as they start selling lots off I am guessing this won't be open to the public and there will not be any events held there again. If the 2.0 system is going to be open this summer I will defenetly check it out. I would love to get some more info on it and know what they plan for boxes and sliders. Also what would be a price for an all day pass?
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-08-2010, 9:14 PM Reply   
I emailed Kris from 10,000 wakes and he said it is a for-sure thing, opening May 1st, weather permitting. and yeah Nick you're right i think, about the 2.0 system. I dont know much about them but i'd think with a lake that long, you could have a fair amount of riders on the Sesitec at one time?
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-08-2010, 9:55 PM Reply   
Nah it doesn't work like that only one rider at a time :-(
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-09-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
35 minutes from 494? That's a really long ways from the metro to get people multiple days a week - unless they already live west of the loop...

I've been to the Trophy Lakes in Center City, very nice setup. I wouldn't call it a huge development, for the two lakes with 1 acre lots there is only 20 homes or so. And the site there only had 5-6 built when I was there. Gotta be tough to sell these out in this economy.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-09-2010, 4:30 PM Reply   
It's going to be crowded with everybody trying to go for both days of summer. Can they pull us around an snowboards the rest of the year.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-09-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
lol so true
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
The economy has been tough on Trophy Lakes and I suspect that is why they are creating a cable/wake park. They need to generate some cash flow. Several property owners have backed out since the recession hit. The original plans were for three lakes, not two.

The smaller lake is set up for slalom and is about 6 feet deep. The bigger lake is for wakeboarding/barefooting and I think is about 10-12 feet deep.

I believe they may still be selling parts of lots where you can buy in for less and then have a specified time in which you can use the lake. Several folks are just buying the lot for the weekend getaway with no intention of ever building a home.

It is a nice layout, although a bit of a drive for most. I wish the best of luck to the developer, Grant. He's a great guy.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
Why couldn't they get a more original name than one of the most popular water-ski lakes in history?http://www.trophylakes.com/

I also think there should be a stop to calling a Sesitec as having a "cable" coming to an area.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-11-2010, 3:56 PM Reply   
Why the negativity? I am all for this. Sys2 is neato. At the very least it give me a change to learn raleys and sbends and possible take them back to the boat. If this isn't fun I dont' know what is.

System 2 Fun @ The Projects PART I - Video Feature
Kevin Hanshaw, Jimmy LaRiche, Bob Soven, Shaun Watson, Parks Bonifay, Erik Ruck and a few others
http://www.thewakeplace.com/?p=762
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-11-2010, 4:27 PM Reply   
Mike - lemme know when youre gonna try em S-bends or Raleys...I'd love to come and videotape

All for it btw
Old     (jessemitchell)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-11-2010, 4:41 PM Reply   
I was doing 911s all day at Revolution then tried it behind the boat and dislocated my shoulder in the air and had to let go and landed on my back edge and smacked the back of my head, was not fun
Old     (jtlbp)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-11-2010, 6:09 PM Reply   
I hope this all goes through since its in my neck of the woods! Its 10k wakes putting it in right? I need a new job and cable operator and rail builder would be ideal, anyone have a contact?
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-11-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
yep 10k wakes, and nope no contact here. I'd say your best bet is to go to 10kwakes.com and just call them about it. I'm gonna guess they've got current employees set to work it though.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-12-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
Eder - well at least the raleys! :-) Have your boat still? You can ride w me homie
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-12-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
I drove by the lake this past fall when I took the Boat into Get Winterized, cable or no cable, would be pretty sick to have a house on a lot there.
Old     (mastercraftboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-16-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
Gotta love 10k wakes. Great camp, great people.. That cable park sounds cool an all, but how many people can you get going and with a 7 month season, what'l they do in winter? And is it actually cable park? I'm not familiar with Sys2...