Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-17-2015, 8:27 PM Reply   
Have you ever said to your self " Am I a Dong Tard" am I a total retard!

If you have ever played this song or thought of playing this song or Any songs like this while out on the water with HCLD or the Intent to broadcast or project this type of music the YES you are a TOTAL DONG Tard.

I seriously felt apologetic to my ears when this total retard played this song. I was pulling my boat out of the water and could not escape the horrific lyrics my poor ears were faced to endure. It was like my ears were being Raped and forced to listen to these lyrics.

Here is the formentioned song
http://youtu.be/mQPjKSVe1tQ

^^^^^^*^Disclaimer ^^^^^^^^
Don't click on the link. Your ears will hate you for the rest of your life it's a lame county song like Akey Breaky Heart. Or pretty much any country song.
Old     (Cam3sc)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-17-2015, 8:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for the great song. I am going to buy me a boat next year
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-17-2015, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post

If you have ever played this song or thought of playing this song or Any songs like this while out on the water with HCLD or the Intent to broadcast or project this type of music the YES you are a TOTAL DONG Tard.

I seriously felt apologetic to my ears when this total retard played this song. I was pulling my boat out of the water and could not escape the horrific lyrics my poor ears were faced to endure. It was like my ears were being Raped and forced to listen to these lyrics.

Don't click on the link. Your ears will hate you for the rest of your life it's a lame county song like Akey Breaky Heart. Or pretty much any country song.
Not sure grant... Not saying I thought the music video was great but coming from someone who likes country and the water, its a catchy tune to me.

To each their own though.

Ease up on that Cali weed though - I think you've smoked yourself... - well just refer to your slurred words in your own post
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-17-2015, 11:13 PM Reply   
I LOVE that song!! Don't hate!
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-18-2015, 2:45 AM Reply   
I like the song also. At least its a catchy tune to some, no profanity, child approved. I've heard A LOT worse.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-18-2015, 5:40 AM Reply   
Sorry grant, country is taking over. You might as well give in to it.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-18-2015, 6:09 AM Reply   
Am I the only one who thinks it's bizarre that a cooler has become a status symbol?
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-18-2015, 6:21 AM Reply   
I got the boat. I need that rich dead uncle to buy me a private lake.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-18-2015, 6:25 AM Reply   
From the looks of the video it looks like money bought him a sausage setter. His guy to girl ratio was wayyyyy off in my opinion haha
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-18-2015, 6:29 AM Reply   
It's a good song and not every body wants to here your music either so don't hate on theirs. As long as it's not blasting profanity across the lake where kid can hear it who cares. Don't turn into a grumpy old man that hates on those damn kids with their loud engines and music.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-18-2015, 6:31 AM Reply   
nothing wrong with that song ... quit hating. i'm sure you play trash that people hate too.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-18-2015, 8:13 AM Reply   
I love that song, and we crank it every day on the water. It's fun and gets people singing and dancing. Great feel good song vibe. Sometimes the corny cheesy songs are the most fun.

To each their own. That house music **** you play Grant makes me want to scream.
Old     (cb396)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-18-2015, 9:09 AM Reply   
That's a great song!! What on earth could be wrong with beer, boats and water?!?!
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-18-2015, 9:35 AM Reply   
Love that song too, I guess anyone who likes country is a dong tard...much rather hear that than EDM
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2015, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
I love that song, and we crank it every day on the water. It's fun and gets people singing and dancing. Great feel good song vibe. Sometimes the corny cheesy songs are the most fun.
Quote:
That's a great song!! What on earth could be wrong with beer, boats and water?!?!
I got a solution for the both of you. You want a catchy tune you can all sing along to and is corny and something about boats. Why not down load "Row Row Row your Boat" it's got everything people seem to like PG lyrics and it's fun to sing along to and I'm sure there is a country version!
LOL
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-18-2015, 10:05 AM Reply   
Although I'm pretty sure he must have bought the song cuz he doesn't look like he's ever been exposed to the sun, much less ridden on a boat!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-18-2015, 10:11 AM Reply   
Great idea. Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8vmwL84jdg
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2015, 10:18 AM Reply   
^^^^^lol^^^^^

IMO that's a way better song then the one I posted.

Btw: if you feel the need to rock the county Johnny Cash is the Shizzz. Can't go wrong with the Cash!
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2015, 10:46 AM Reply   
BTW the picture above is not making a statement to anyone here. I just think it's one of the many cool Black and White Cash photos that's awesome.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-18-2015, 10:49 AM Reply   
F&^k trashville country -

Red dirt -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3GED6Lx6kg
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-18-2015, 11:41 AM Reply   
Wake Surfboards & Country music = 2 things that get no play on my boat. Ever.
Old     (cb396)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-18-2015, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracktor View Post
F&^k trashville country -

Red dirt -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3GED6Lx6kg
Amen!! Red dirt is the only kind of country I will listen to, apart from original outlaw country, willie, Waylon, Cash, Shaver, etc!!
I actually first heard the "buy me a boat" song on my red dirt station on spotify.

I also have that Cash poster blown up and framed in my man cave.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-18-2015, 12:17 PM Reply   
No love for hank? He lives right down the road from me
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-18-2015, 12:23 PM Reply   
I'm all for country and love the "buy me a boat song" but most mainstream country these days sucks. I prefer a different type of new country like the moonshine bandits and the LACS. But this isn't for everyone, its an acquired taste.

What I like to listen to on the boat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DL-Dlg277I

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH1hkWeQBrc
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-18-2015, 12:23 PM Reply   
So much awesome going on in this thread! Row your boat had me dying J-Rod...
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-18-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
Song stinks, but as I was taking the cash out of the bank to buy my boat this year it was on the radio. I was all kinds of nerves as I was worried about buying my first boat as it wansn't the dreamsicle boat I had my heart set on. This silly little song gets tons of play in my boat as the kids love the story. As for Dong Tards it's like Paul Newman once said: "If you're sitting there, and don't know who the DongTard is, it's probably you" (paraphrased of course)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-18-2015, 1:55 PM Reply   
Texas Country gets TURNT UP in my boat. A country song about a dude in a boat, while I'm sitting in a boat. BOOOM #gamechanger
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-18-2015, 3:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM_DLX View Post
I'm all for country and love the "buy me a boat song" but most mainstream country these days sucks. I prefer a different type of new country like the moonshine bandits and the LACS. But this isn't for everyone, its an acquired taste.

or

I've never heard of them but gave them a listen. Wow, rap and country just don't go together in my opinion. I had to turn it off
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-18-2015, 3:42 PM Reply   
When I think about country music on a boat I instantly picture some river rat, white people floating in the water next to there 25ft deck boat along with their silver bullets, floating on 10 year old, worn out life jackets wearing cowboy hats. Their deck boat still has a full tank of gas at 5pm because they have never left that sand bar since the time they got there. They instantly bad mouth any other type of music and they try over powering other boat systems with their factory In boat speakers. They consider themselves as the OG'a of Parker or Havasu.

Anyway, yea that's what I picture.

On the real though, I can only handle so much of any type of music. The key is to change it up every once in a while. Plus, I have no clue how you can get pumped to wakeboard or even surf listening to country music.
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-18-2015, 5:48 PM Reply   
i play that all the time. love that song. i play a wide wide variety of music. country and reggae usually when there is kiddos present. to some dubstep/edm music and some pretty explicit rap. gotta have variety.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-18-2015, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:

or

My boy JB from JB and the Moonshine Band cut a verse or two for the LACS crew. Check out JB and them for some good music. Unless you're a Cali hoodrat.. .
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2015, 8:31 PM Reply   
This thread is pure Awesome. Now I know how Chris Hanson from "to catch a predator" feels I mention "Dong Tards" with a link to the song and the "Dong Tards" come Running out of the wood work saying " I blast this song"
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       08-19-2015, 5:39 AM Reply   
While I'm not a huge fan of country music in general, and new pop/country like this is almost pointless, it is a true pop song in that it has a catchy tune/lyrics. I have never heard it before, but could see some of my friends getting hooked on it for the "Summer jam". Most all newer music is the same way though. No real content... Just a hook and some catchy beat to dance/party too.

Grant, I'm all in on Johnny Cash or any other old country music! That is country music to me... Cash, Jones, Parton, Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama, etc I grew up on. It doesn't really get played while on my boat though... That is more at home looking to change things up music.

I second the motion dude needs to use a bit of money to buy some gals while on his boat and new truck. That video was dude full! I thought all country music these days at least mentioned a gal at some point much less showed some in a bikini top and daisy dukes!
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-19-2015, 7:05 AM Reply   
Hey Grant, great troll by the way. If you truly want to listen to something high spec, check out Ryan Adams cover of Taylor Swifts entire 1989 album. Now thats an artist with balls...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2015, 7:15 AM Reply   
How could Taylor Swift have an album in 1989? Wasn't she just born around that year?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-19-2015, 7:24 AM Reply   
I feel the same way about a lot of today's music. Every time that I walk through one of my kitchens, or get in one of my young employees cars, the words n*gg*** and bitch blare form the speakers

no thanks

not on my boat
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-19-2015, 7:32 AM Reply   
it wasnt made in 1989, it's titled 1989. We're at a point in history where pop will in fact eat itself....

http://gothamist.com/2015/08/14/here...ve_of_ryan.php

a link to some previews, brilliant.

Last edited by Lemonade; 08-19-2015 at 7:34 AM. Reason: added link
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-19-2015, 7:45 AM Reply   
she born in 1989 and that where she got the title from. I hate to admit that I know that LOL
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-19-2015, 8:01 AM Reply   
How about Stoney Larue? Good Texas country!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2015, 8:24 AM Reply   
Noting wrong with Knowing Swift Lyrics she has some Jam's. And the dude doing the Swift covers is cool. Check out Tove Lo, radio on Pandora that station often has Odessa, Banks,Swift, Lord, Lana Del Ray.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2015, 8:39 AM Reply   
BTW the last song in the movie the Judge (great movie) has a Willy Nelson cover of a Cold Play's "The Scientist"

http://youtu.be/v525UGbA448
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-19-2015, 9:02 AM Reply   
Taylor Swift. Has. Some. Jams.

WTF is wrong with you???
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-19-2015, 9:10 AM Reply   
Grant, you don't get to pick on any kind of music anymore. Not after the Taylor Swift comment.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-19-2015, 9:36 AM Reply   
Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
Heart-breakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-19-2015, 10:47 AM Reply   
So what you guys are saying is grant failed his own "dong tard test"?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-19-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
Yes he said that on a public forum. The internet has it FOREVER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2015, 10:54 AM Reply   
Look I'm just saying if these Bill Hillys need to play some county (like) music then I would rather hear Swifts jams the the current list of "Dong Tard" anthems available

For more one sided insight and comedy on this subject I will post this link for your enjoyment
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...19/228080.html
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-19-2015, 10:58 AM Reply   
Love seeing all the OG WW's on that old thread!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-19-2015, 11:07 AM Reply   
Just look at the Join Dates in this thread!!!

We are all getting old HAHAHAH
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-19-2015, 11:19 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

get off my lawn!!!!!!
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-19-2015, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post

Grant is the official grumpy, tucked in shirt, denim shorts dad of wakeworld.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-19-2015, 12:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
My boy JB from JB and the Moonshine Band cut a verse or two for the LACS crew. Check out JB and them for some good music. Unless you're a Cali hoodrat.. .
Nacho, I know exactly who JB and the moonshine band is. I have some of their music on me ask the time as well. I live in cali but with the music I listen to you wouldn't think that. Although the moonshine bandits are from cali less than two hours from where I live. I am a big sunny ledfurd fan as well
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-19-2015, 4:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nacho, I know exactly who JB and the moonshine band is. I have some of their music on me ask the time as well. I live in cali but with the music I listen to you wouldn't think that. Although the moonshine bandits are from cali less than two hours from where I live. I am a big sunny ledfurd fan as well
Just released 3rd album and have a 4th in the works. Mixtape the song is one of my favorites
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-19-2015, 4:39 PM Reply   
No pop country on my boat. I can't stand all of these new country stars with their fake twang/accents. It's pretty funny that when the British sing, they lose their accent but when country singers sing, they gain one?
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-19-2015, 5:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
it wasnt made in 1989, it's titled 1989. We're at a point in history where pop will in fact eat itself....

http://gothamist.com/2015/08/14/here...ve_of_ryan.php

a link to some previews, brilliant.
well... Pop Will Eat Itself gets some play on my boat pretty regularly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nWNAvtwrw
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-19-2015, 7:32 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-19-2015, 7:49 PM Reply   
Ryan Bingham, Whiskey Myers, Poor J Brown, William Clark Green, Turnpike Troubadours, or Randy Rogers..

That's real country music IMO.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2015, 9:37 PM Reply   
wakedirt
Quote:
Grant is the official grumpy, tucked in shirt, denim shorts dad of wakeworld.
LOL try again bad spelling YES grumpy I'd dude NO. Do I like to tell it like it is YES
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-20-2015, 8:11 AM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPCiR_17GGU
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-20-2015, 8:03 PM Reply   
Now we are talking. Moonshine bandits, LACS , colt ford, All great boat music. Don't forget Jawga Boys too. Not necessarily great riding music but good times music for sure

No dub step. That's dong tard music.

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-20-2015 at 8:08 PM.