Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-11-2018, 1:16 PM Reply   
Posted this same blurb over at Centurion Crew. I do not work for Liquid Lumens. I'm just a very impressed customer.

I hit Powell every year with friends that use underwater lights in the evenings for various purposes. Some are good/great (Lifeform, Lumitec, OceanLED, Shadowcaster etc...) and some aren't (drain plug lights and the cheapies off AliExpress). I've been jonesing for a set for several years but couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger. Two years ago at the Utah Boat Show I ran into a new company called Liquid Lumens. They had a new take on the underwater light that they state was industry leading. Their offerings at that time were a little more than I wanted to spend so I put off a purchase.

Over the winter I'd decided to go with one of their competitors because of price but decided to wait until after the boat show to see what else was out there. I checked up on the Liquid Lumens guys while I was there and they convinced me to give their lights a whirl and gave me a boat show price that I considered a good value on their flagship Pipeline model. It didn't hurt that they were a local company. I picked up my lights at their facility and checked out some of the new things on which they are working. Cool stuff!

The light install was easy. The instructions were simple and the wires and connections were easy to identify. They use a special external power supply to raise the voltage of the system. I was a little concerned that doing this might use too much power and cause issues with other accessories. That was not the case and everything worked great. The templates provided made installing the actual lights a breeze.

I only got to test the lights out for one night while down at Powell last week but I was so stunned at the output that I forgot to take any pics or video. I either hung my head off the back of the boat marveling at their brightness or I drove around at surf and wakeboard speeds stunned at how far back they lit up the wake. Seriously, the effect was amazing. Several people watched from the top of the houseboat and they couldn't believe how great they were either. I'm convinced that the Pipeline's are as good of an underwater light as you will get and the extra dollars you spend to get them is worth it. Sorry I do not have pics or video, I'll rectify that next time I go back. I was so happy I just decided to write a blurb on my favorite wake boat sites anyway.

One more thing about their customer service. I ordered a switch from my local Centurion dealer that fit in a spare slot and had to figure out how to wire it up so that it would light up like the other switches. This makes things a little more complex than wiring to a simple on/off switch. I called LL and they were willing to walk me through the process. In fact, they even offered to come by and help with that part of the wiring. Fortunately I figured it out and they didn't have to come over. I'm appreciate their willingness to go the extra mile.