Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (95sanger)      Join Date: Feb 2015       06-24-2015, 8:50 AM Reply   
Correct Craft bought Centurion. Yes, reliable sources have confirmed this. Comments?????
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-24-2015, 8:57 AM Reply   
doesn't make a lot sense to me. Some think its so correct craft can offer a price point boat. that doesn't make any sense either, they've got molds going back decades.

Unless they think surf will dominate boat sales going forward and want some of that sweet centurion wave technology. Although, the G series surfs pretty well. Centurion should be smiling all the way to the bank.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2015, 9:02 AM Reply   
Yeah, a couple of weeks ago this happened, I believe they also bought Supreme too.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-24-2015, 9:07 AM Reply   
announced Jun 11.

sounds like both brands will stay alive. so maybe its just C. Craft grabbing more market share
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-24-2015, 12:19 PM Reply   
you missed this discussion on the boating forum.

Correct Craft also bought a line of bass boats (Bass Cat) and walleye boats (Yar-Craft) in the spring as well (~March).

My take on this is, that correct craft will standardize many parts (eg., cleats) and bulk materials across all the companies so it can get better bulk discounts and purchasing power in buying its parts and raw materials in bulk.

"Some think it's so correct craft can offer a price point boat." While I don't have any insider information, I doubt it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-24-2015, 12:52 PM Reply   
since prices went through the roof on premium boats, the affordable boat demand has increased. Axis, Centurion, Supreme, Sanger, etc have all increased prices and are still killing it.

I think you can expect affordable v-drives to be a thing of the past soon. I predict that CC will drive up the prices on the affordable V-drives, and others will follow because they can. Mastercraft and Malibu are capturing a huge chunk of this market. CC wants to compete.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-24-2015, 1:18 PM Reply   
Think about some of the intellectual capital from Centurion as well with surfing and whatnot...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-24-2015, 1:29 PM Reply   
Correct craft probably realized its cheaper to buy competitors than to pay IP infringement lawsuits like it did with Malibu