Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (2g4u)      Join Date: Mar 2013       05-12-2014, 7:08 AM Reply   
Hey WW,

I'm trying to decide on a new board this year and appreciate anyone's feedback regarding the William or Code 22 board.

I'm coming off a One TimeBomb and while I do love that board, I have heard positive feedback regarding the Code 22 and William.

I do feel sometimes I have difficulty with consistency on the One regarding edging and pop.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by 2g4u; 05-12-2014 at 7:09 AM. Reason: grammar
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-12-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
I bought the William, but have yet to test it out on the water because I'm still waiting for it to warm up LOL
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-12-2014, 12:35 PM Reply   
Both are great boards. I personally ride the William 140, but took a set on the Code 143 and really liked it. Both are fast boards. The key difference for me is that the Code takes smoother more progressive line into the wake. The William is a little more flexible on the approach. It is a bit more responsive edge to edge and allows for more dynamic approaches and braking. If I was to simplify who should be riding what board, I'd say if you ride longer lines at higher speeds go Code. If you ride shorter lines and slower speeds go William.

These boards are easy to ride. I ride the Wiliam, but hopped on the Code with really no learning curve. You can't go wrong either way.
Old     (2g4u)      Join Date: Mar 2013       05-12-2014, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Both are great boards. I personally ride the William 140, but took a set on the Code 143 and really liked it. Both are fast boards. The key difference for me is that the Code takes smoother more progressive line into the wake. The William is a little more flexible on the approach. It is a bit more responsive edge to edge and allows for more dynamic approaches and braking. If I was to simplify who should be riding what board, I'd say if you ride longer lines at higher speeds go Code. If you ride shorter lines and slower speeds go William.

These boards are easy to ride. I ride the Wiliam, but hopped on the Code with really no learning curve. You can't go wrong either way.
Ok awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Yea I typically ride 70 ft 21-22 mph.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-19-2014, 2:55 PM Reply   
I realize this is an old thread, but I am considering this exact same move. OP, which did you go for? I wonder if anymore people can give seem feedback on the 2014 models of the Code22 and William?
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-19-2014, 5:09 PM Reply   
I'm debating between these two also for 2015 models. Would love some feedback. Is the William very user friendly with the sharp stepped rail?
Old     (sja)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-19-2014, 5:41 PM Reply   
I really like the William (I ride 65' at 21.5 behind loaded G) I used to have an Ibex (aggressive 3 stage) that I couldn't get to behave consistently off the wake (Obvious user error). The William for me is very consistent, has better acceleration, and the landings are really soft. The only thing I miss about my ibex is the fact that you could pull out any landing in any position (Parks seems to demand that of his boards).
Old     (Delt725)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-21-2014, 4:36 PM Reply   
I was able to take one set with the WIlliam during a 5 Gal o Freedom stop and felt instantly at home. Board has good speed, smooth cutting in and easy to find pop. I will be switching to one of these next season.

Coming off a One (Timebomb), have not ridden the Code 22.