Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dguille)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-14-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
Took my daughter out to ride today. She 6 yrs old and loves riding and I think she has potential (as most parents do) to be a good rider. She actually started riding a year ago and is starting to jump toeside today. Took a few hard falls but always gets back up and goes again. Must say I'm proud!
Attached Images

Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       09-15-2010, 10:32 PM Reply   
Great pics, your daughter looks very comfortable on the water. I just got my 6 year old up and wakeboarding last month. I'm curious what rope length and boat speed are you using for her?
Old     (dguille)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-17-2010, 7:20 PM Reply   
I have her riding at about 60 ft and pull her at about 18 to 19 mph. She started at 70 ft but 60 makes her way more comfortable on her toeside for some reason. She took one of the hardest falls that day and she cried for a minute then said she wanted to ride some more. She's like a little machine....
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-17-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
That's awesome man! Can't wait for the day...... when I have kids....... to get them out there like that!
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       09-18-2010, 8:05 AM Reply   
Thanks David. The problem I'm facing is the wake behind my X1 at slower speeds is huge. I'm thinking next time we go out I'll put a couple hundred pounds of weight in the bow to see if I can get the wake to lay down some. Frankly I'm just happy to have someone in the family that wants to wakeboard as much as me!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-19-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
Hey David, those pics are awesome! Great to see her having so much fun
Could i suggest that you get her some wetsuit shorts, or even just a pair of boardies? If she is taking hard stacks, then she could probably do with a little more protection.
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-19-2010, 4:06 PM Reply   
Nothing better than gettin the kids out. Your should shorten your rope up a bit so you can spray her. For wakeboarding and wakeskating I run my 6y/o at 15MPH and increase it to 21 for slalom if the water is smooth. 15 MPH wakeboarding is plenty fast for everything he is doing and the falls are less brutal.
Old     (dguille)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-20-2010, 6:16 AM Reply   
Thanks guys! Sanger- this is behind a prostar 205 which is the same hull as the x1 and I make everybody sit up front except my wife and that helps us. Here are a few more pic's from yesterday. She is just so comfortable out there. She rides non-stop for a hour yesterday. I'm gonna start charging her for gas money!
Attached Images

Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       09-21-2010, 6:43 PM Reply   
It's amazing what it does to the wake having the engine in the back. Even at 15 MPH you can see what Cory has to contend with. Next time we go out I'll definitely try adding 300 lbs to the bow.

Again awesome pics of your up and coming wakeborder!
Attached Images