Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-14-2010, 1:12 AM Reply   
I want to make an airdam for my 215. Can anyone that has one give me all the dimensions? thickness, width and length. Thanks
Old     (mjr)      Join Date: May 2009       07-14-2010, 8:00 AM Reply   
Hopefully someone will get you the measurements sooner than I can but if by chance you don't have what you need by this time next week drop me a line and I'll measure mine for you that weekend.
Old     (Conejo_Guy)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-14-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
the airdam in my 07 215 is:

Tall: 26.375
Wide at bottom: 14.50
Wide at top: 16.25
Thick: .500
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-14-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
It does taper from top to bottom so it may be advisable to get a template.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-14-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
You could easily make one out of plexi glass or 3/8 tempered/laminate for much less then you can buy one for. I bought ours for some where around $90 (it was a few years ago) and it is just an ugly hunk of gray plastic.

I will probably make my own and get it etched with the Sanger logo...much cooler looking IMO
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-14-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
I just made one for my V210. Made a template out of cardboard, went to Tap Plastics and paid $80 for a piece of 1/2 inch smoked. Done.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-14-2010, 9:02 PM Reply   
Ive just started making mine. Going carbon fiber to match the rest of the trim. One of those projects thats not worth the time im spending on it lol.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-14-2010, 9:06 PM Reply   
I wedge my throw cushin in there........
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-15-2010, 12:53 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I just wanted to save time making the template going back & forth to the boat. I am going to get the local plastic shop to make one up and then get the Sanger logo machined in at my local cabinet maker. Haven't decided on color yet though. I do like the carbon fibre idea too.

Last edited by repo; 07-15-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-15-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
I made a template and then went and found a $ 20 poly cutting board at Target that was big enough to cut down. I routered the edges to smooth it out. When I don't want to dam my wind, I have a readily accessible cutting board to filet freshly caught fish.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-15-2010, 10:59 AM Reply   
I just measured mine up then went to Ace Hardware and got a clear piece of plexi, I want to say it's 3/8 maybe? possibly thinner. I like having it clear, only problem is its hard to tell top from bottom until you put it in upside down and it doesn't fit, but then just flip it over. I didn't do handle holes or anything....I also used a belt sander to radius the corners and sanded all the edges smooth, think about it being tossed around and catching a sharp corner on some vinyl. One other thing I did was leave it a little tall so the fold back windshield actually pushes on it a little making a tight fit on all sides.

I am in it for $30 and have a big enough leftover piece to make another one. It's cool because you can't even tell it's there when you look at the boat in the rear view from the truck and inside the boat you can hardly tell its there either unless its all water spotted. It stores nicely up against the wall of the walkway behind the observers seat too. It has to be one of the best additions to my boat I have done. Patrick nice idea on the etching, can't you get sanger stickers that look like etched glass on the website?? Only problem is if it's a clear one do you have the etching on the inside or bow side, it would be backwards when riding in the boat. That's why I have left all stickers off mine.

It's a great DIY project that makes a hell of a difference when its cool outside and decreases the cab noise down to nothing. Plus it will keep your cupholders from popping out when trailering