Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-07-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
anybody every had to return anything here? I've purchase a few things over the past few years. Good products, good prices, quick transactions. But now that I have bunk EQ they are so slow to respond. Anybody have a phone number for them?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
they are a gray market dealer for most stuff. good luck with warranty issues. There is a reason why it's at a discounted price.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-07-2010, 9:00 PM Reply   
X 2 Adam.

had it been bought from a local dealer then you'd have a phone number, and probably a new eq already.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-07-2010, 10:34 PM Reply   
yeah, I get that. I guess I was just going off past experience. I was first turned on to them from ppl on ww and I've had good service so far so I was just goin with what I know.

Please excuse a little bit of learning here, but what exactly classifies as gray market? I mean, the EQ I bought is still warrantied by the mfr and wouldn't they only honor the warranty if it was sold by authorized dealer? They've agreed to it, but I'm just trying to make it happen a little quicker. According to them I got to send it to HOT, HOT sends it to them, they fix it, then its gets shpped back to me. Just sounds like I'm gonna be without for a good month I bet..., but they are still honoring the warranty.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-08-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
grey market dealers bypass the normal distribution channels of a manufacturer and are nott authorized delaers. . Hookedontronics is an autorized dealer for some products. I dont know which ones?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-08-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
Most of the hackjobs on the internet aren't authorized dealers for anything.

Sonic Electronix sells JL Audio equipment that doesn't even have serial numbers. They peel them off of the amp, and on the woofers, they disassemble the spider and basket to pull the number out from inside there. I'm sure other places do it too.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-08-2010, 11:38 PM Reply   
Just curious, how do these grey market companies get access to wholesale merchandise?