Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (an_d)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-26-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
Title says it all. anybody here know how to weight a Nautique sv211? Right now I've just got the stock 730 ballast plus a 750 sac in the back. Any suggestions would be awesome so i can go as big as possible. I was thinking about putting a big one in the front but i don't know. let me know. thanks
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-26-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
Recently my 211 is running full stock, 2x40lb pop bags in each rear locker and 1x70lb battery in each rear locker. It's a good sized wake with quite a kick, maybe too much kick. I have been thinking I need to add a little more weight in the walk through to make it a little more rampy.

Do you know how to ollie at the top of the wake to get the most out of it?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-26-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
Andy,
My friend had a 211 and it's important to not overweight the front on this boat for some reason. He had the built in ballast in both rear lockers + an additional 200lbs of lead in each locker. Then had the center (under floor walk through) sack completely filled. The hydro gate was at 2 (middle). Some times, we added a 400-500lb sac just on the floor in the center of the boat, depending on how many people we had on the boat but that set up produced a strong wake for riding.

Hope this helps.
Old     (brett_busby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
Yes, you need more in front. I have stock ballast + 880 in back and 370 in center locker. I plan to add 200 lead in front to get more ramp. Speed at 24.5 between 75 and 85ft. I would like others to chime in. Plenty of info on 210's but not 211's also what are you using for surfing? Prop, ACME 1234.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-26-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
For surfing we get a pretty good surfable wake (up to 6-8" back) with belly + left rear + 160lbs under the loveseat, lightest driver and everbody else between the loveseat and walkthrough. If I want it bigger (surfable to 10' back) I add two 500lb sacks, one in the front and another along the loveseat.

I have two props, a 1234 and a 611. The 1234 is good for boarding but it's bad for the skiing and surfing wake, too much whitewash. Skiing at 28' off with golf ball size chunks of water hitting me in the nuts is not much fun. I find the smaller prop makes a cleaner surfing wake.

I only run the 1234 when I have a big boat load or up at Tahoe.
Old     (an_d)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-26-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. im definetly thinking a sac in the font walkway, maybe like 500 lb's or so, and then maybe a little bit more in front.

if anybodys got pics of the wake i could be having id love to see it!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-26-2009, 11:48 PM Reply   
Wake pictures are very deceptive.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-28-2009, 12:19 PM Reply   
I took some tips from Mike when I bought my 06 and added/revised it a bit. 2 250lb bags (had them custom made) on top of stock hard tanks in the rear, plus an extra 150lbs of pop bags in each rear locker. Finally an extra 200lbs (100ea) under the driver and passenger cusions open bow seats. SO about 1K over stock. It really comes alive with 5 or more adults in the boat. I run the 1234 (we don't surf) 75ft @23.5 seems like a good mix for the weight.

No complaints on the wake. In fact, many open mouiths and compliments.