Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-08-2017, 3:00 PM Reply   
Seeing how Beer is a Acc most of have in your cooler I figured this would be the right place to post this

First off. On a hot summer day Beer with out a "Huggie" No Bueno. Coozie's are for can's and Huggie's are for Bottles. We we have been a huge Fan of the Huggie in fact don't drink with out them now. Well we got turned on to these Bottle Keeper's and we are sold. They are a Stainless Exterior with a Neoprene inside. They keep your beer cool to the very last drop in I totally mean that. No more last sip nastiness of warm beer.

https://www.bottlekeeper.com/

I see they have other people making imitation or copy's of the bottle keeper, I have no Idea if "bottle keeper" was the first but I can say out of the 4 different cheaper kind's we got the Bottle Keepers are the best. I got a few from Amazon that no name brand's & threads @ the bottom are not good they barley hold the bottom cap on and the interior liners are coming unglued & they bunch up and make taking the beer in and out a pain. I think the Bottle Keepers were $19 each. The cheep one's I got were $19 for 2.
if you guys come across some quality ones post them in the link. My point is they all work great for a weekend or 2 let us know if you have any that are still quality after some time on them. I would way rather have 2 real nice quality ones on board then 10 cheep ass ones
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-08-2017, 4:49 PM Reply   
I find that if you drink your beer fast enough, then you don't need to worry about keeping it cold
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-08-2017, 6:22 PM Reply   
Sounds like a great solution. Let me know how that works for you LOL.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-09-2017, 4:55 AM Reply   
No bottles allowed on our boat, but looks like a great idea for none the less.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-09-2017, 9:00 AM Reply   
^^ Yes I saw that was one of the added benefits now your glass is shrouded. They even have a cap that screws on so you could if you wanted cap your drink. I could also see these great for a Hike or somthing. You wanna pack a beer along and have it nice and cold when you get to the top. Here ya go!
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-09-2017, 9:22 AM Reply   
I've been drinking bottle beer on my boat as well as others for over 20 years. Not once have I seen a bottle break, not even in the garbage bag where I put the empties. It's one of those things that sounds safer and logical like turning the car engine off at the gas pump ( this isn't safer either), but the reality is you are less likely to break a bottle on your boat than anywhere on land. I mean if you drop it on the floor of the boat, it isn't going to break. I realize it's your boat and your rules. Just saying.
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       05-09-2017, 9:45 AM Reply   
Mothers day is coming so I ordered one for my wife...and one for myself. ;-)

Thanks for the recommendation.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-09-2017, 12:31 PM Reply   
Jman: I agree. Never had a issue, but hell maby the guy is a complete party wild man and his boat outings get out of control and so on. Remember the movie "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels " where Steve Martin had to have a cork on the end of his fork to protect himself from himself
Attached Images

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-09-2017, 12:48 PM Reply   
Here is the same thing but way cheaper. I have one and it awesome, especially mowing the grass, etc

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Beer...=bottle+keeper
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-09-2017, 9:19 PM Reply   
best coozie for cans and bottles is $8 yeti knock off from wal mart. comes in different colors and works amazing. Cold from first sip to the last.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2017, 9:36 AM Reply   
Here is a pic of the good bottle keeper vs the knock off. Notice how the bottle keeper at the top of the pic has 2x the threads and they are deeper. This makes the bottom screw on tight and stay put. Also the cheaper one the insert becomes un glued after a few uses
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-14-2017, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Jman: I agree. Never had a issue, but hell maby the guy is a complete party wild man and his boat outings get out of control and so on. Remember the movie "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels " where Steve Martin had to have a cork on the end of his fork to protect himself from himself
Lol! "Can I gooo to the bathroom?........... Thank you" Love that movie.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-14-2017, 10:06 AM Reply   
Orca and Yetti have had them for awhile along with martini glasses and other styles.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2017, 10:32 AM Reply   
Yeti has a bottle keeper????
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2017, 10:37 AM Reply   
I see the Orca one. That one looks real good. But Yeti has yet to come out with one as far as I can see. Yeti use's a can coozie and a bottle holder FAIL.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-14-2017, 10:54 AM Reply   
I'm sorry you don't like Yeti's design but it keeps it cold and secure like the Orca or bottle keeper without the top piece, Still better than a "huggie".
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-14-2017, 3:50 PM Reply   
$23 will buy an appreciable amount of beer. I don't really drink a lot on my boat, but I've never had a problem with just a fairly cheap cooler keeping things cold throughout a day on the water. I wouldn't buy one, as much for extra "stuff" to clutter my life as the price.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-15-2017, 9:06 AM Reply   
Yeti makes some quality products, I'm sure they will come out with their own bottle keeper. The coozie can is not a yeti style solution. I'm sure one is in the works.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2017, 9:27 AM Reply   
Truekaotki: hey thanks for the Reference: we orderd a few of the Orca's they make the Bottle keeper ones I talked about look and feel like junk. They are very well built. And they are so well designed I was very impressed at how they can be used for BOTH bottles and cans. They come with all the accessories to use them in either configuration. My ONLY complaint is that I guess when they were designed they didn't factor in the extra long necks like with Caronna's so you can't run the VERY top piece that covers a extra 4-5 inches of the upper neck of the bottle. No big deal. I still think they are the best I have come across. Drinking from this is a Must for me. Beer stays cold 20-30 mins after you open them.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2017, 9:42 AM Reply   
Example: kind of like a Russian Egg
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2017, 9:47 AM Reply   
Bottle Time: they don't need to be completely broken apart to change a bottle they simply need to be unscrewed in the center and you can change out another cool thing is at the base of each worker there is a bottle opener kind of like those silly reef shoes
Attached Images

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-04-2017, 10:36 AM Reply   
That's a good design that you can change it out for different bottles or cans. I just picked up the Yeti can coozy last week and it definitely works. Just wish they had a tall can option or extension that screwed on as most of the craft beers I buy are in talls. I currently just drop it in without the lid.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2017, 11:27 AM Reply   
This thing is well designed but like I said I just wish you could screw the very top portion on when using a Caronna. You can only use it in this configuration when using a long neck
Attached Images

Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       08-28-2017, 10:07 AM Reply   
I said above that I ordered two bottle keepers and use them regularly. I find the discussion about the bottom threading on interesting as on of mine threads on about 1/2 turn and the other is only 1/4 of a turn. The bottom has never come loose but it sure gives the feeling of very low quality control.

Bottom line, I like my bottle keepers but can't say they are high quality.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-28-2017, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium View Post
I find that if you drink your beer fast enough, then you don't need to worry about keeping it cold

This right here!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-28-2017, 8:55 PM Reply   
My stand up surfboard needs a built in cozy.
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-29-2017, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
This right here!
X3
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-29-2017, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanolinsky View Post
I've been drinking bottle beer on my boat as well as others for over 20 years. Not once have I seen a bottle break, not even in the garbage bag where I put the empties. It's one of those things that sounds safer and logical like turning the car engine off at the gas pump ( this isn't safer either), but the reality is you are less likely to break a bottle on your boat than anywhere on land. I mean if you drop it on the floor of the boat, it isn't going to break. I realize it's your boat and your rules. Just saying.
I don't bring glass bottles on the boat because a few lakes I've been to don't allow glass bottles. I'm pretty sure Lake Amistad in TX and Lake Mead don't allow glass bottles. I did a little google search and couldn't find anything in 2 min, but I bring cans for 2 reasons.

1. Glass might not be allowed on the lake and I don't want to research that deep for every lake or river I go to and...

2. Cans can be crushed and take up less space in my trash can.

That's it, I like bottles better than cans and I'll probably order some of these bottle cases for my house. They would be perfect for working in the garage or other projects around the house, thanks for the find!
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-29-2017, 1:07 PM Reply   
Eh most of my local lakes don't allow bottles. Hell one of them doesn't allow alcohol at all. But never had a problem with it. I just show them the trash bag of empty bottles and they are ok with it. "Just don't sink them" is what they say.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-29-2017, 1:26 PM Reply   
just a recap no pun intended. "bottle keepers" are minor league, great gift's or throw away's. They keep a beer colder than a koozie, Now the ORCA Rockets are THE BOMB! Best $29 I have spent in a long time. They Keep a beer Ice cooler cold for WAY longer than a Bottle Keeper , but both and test for your self you will be pleasantly suprised
https://www.amazon.com/ORCA-Rocket-B...+bottle+keeper

BTW neither will Float,

P.S

Quote:
"Just don't sink them" is what they say.
I can't believe people Sink Beers, The last time our lake let down the water to the 5 year low I went to the local party spot and picked up like 10 Trash bags of sunken beers
sad that people are STILL this stupid. I understand that sometimes beers fall into the lake by accident but the Amount of trash no way this amount was a acident
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-30-2017, 7:27 AM Reply   
Here is another accessory to keep your beer cold:

https://www.thechivery.com/products/...-cooler-2-pack

I can't believe so many people nurse their beer that they need all this stuff to keep it cold, but, here we are.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2017, 9:14 AM Reply   
Ewock01

It's funny some things that you can almost BET on people saying when you talk about these beer coolers are comments like " drink faster and you won't need one " ha ha ! Wow how original! Your only like the 100th person to say something so original, Sorry brother I'm not in collage, it's no frat party beer chugging comp. Example We were out on the water Sunday for 9-10 Hrs the other day it was 110 degrees. With the hot wind it felt like 120! Your drink gets warm quick. Are you supposed to slam beers all day just to keep them from getting warm? Umm sorry that's not my idea of a great idea. But to each their own.

This is just my personal opinion. I'm a casual drinker. I love Ice cold beer, and when I say Ice cold, I mean as cold as you can possibly get it, that means a Yeti or comparable cooler with Glass bottles that have been sitting in cold a$$ ice for a long time, (the longer the better) and when they are chilled down to the proper temp and then put in a Koozie, Your Living Right my friend! Quality over Quanity! Come by some time and I'll hook you up "G"
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2017, 9:22 AM Reply   
Almost cold enough LOL
Attached Images

Last edited by grant_west; 08-30-2017 at 9:24 AM.
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-30-2017, 10:08 AM Reply   
G - Guess I was beating a dead horse with my comment, there is no wrong way to drink a cold beer, which is why I added the last link.

I'm a long way from college and I'm not slamming them like a frat party. I enjoy quality over quantity and used coozies in TX and now in WA when I enjoy a cold one. My speed may be a little quicker than others though. When I get to the bottom of a bottle its definitely not ice cold, but its not warm either, which is a good time to grab another cold one from the cooler.

I also order smaller beers at restaurants too. I think the perfect size is an imperial pint but most restaurants have 16 or 22 oz or bigger, and the bigger beers get warm by the time I'm at the bottom. I'd rather order 2 small sizes so the second is cold as well.

I'd love to taste one of your ice cold beers, next time I'm in SoCal with some time to kill I'll shoot you a PM.