Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-13-2011, 1:27 PM Reply   
I am not sure if this should be in this section or the Video/photography section but I want to get a video camera mounted on my tower. I have done some research on Trakker - but I was hoping for a more intergrated solution (not attaching an existing video camera).

It seems like video was an option on my x-star but I haven't been able to find the right answers. I do have the video monitor on my dash and would love to be able to watch while driving (carefully) but also record/playback video.

Has anyone done this?
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-13-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   
Has anyone used this? Seems to have mixed reviews on quality....

http://www.mastercraftbydesign.com/index_506.asp
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-13-2011, 3:31 PM Reply   
looks like the same camera that malibu uses on their flo cam. The camera is just a VIO POV 1.5, that you can order from REI for $599. So the question is whether that mount is worth $900 to you.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-13-2011, 9:37 PM Reply   
I have to say we have something close to a trakker pro and it has worked well. I got it on the classified section on this site for 125 with a camcorder that had a wide angle lense. It was a MiniDV so I stepped up in cameras and got a 1080p Dual SD camcorder and it mounted right up too. We have only used it once on the boat...I know how pathetic...but we have been very happy with it. We plan to use it more this summer.
I had to dump it down to crappy video quality when I put it on vimeo since I don't have a premium account but here is a video of the camcorder following the rope

Also, don't mind my crappy riding. I have got quite a bit more in my bag of tricks since then. We also had the speedo off so I was riding at more like 21 than the 23 I ride and I switched to a board that I ride better with.
But again, you can see the responsiveness is pretty good, a couple jumps it stutters for a second but recoils quick. Total invested with new camera is about 400
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-13-2011, 9:50 PM Reply   
Greg that vid really shows off what a monster wake the a22 puts out. wow.
Old     (jdoggy_73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-14-2011, 12:18 AM Reply   
I noticed a wakejak advertisement here on WW recently:

http://www.wakejak.com/camera_mount.html

Might be something of interest and shows use of the dash video screen...

-- Jeff
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-14-2011, 3:05 AM Reply   
I have a 2011 Tige and it comes with a integrated video camera that records .It is also viewable on the Tige touch screen,You can take out the jump drive and transfer it to your computer also.I don't know the company that makes it for Tige,but the technology is there.