Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-28-2011, 5:05 PM Reply   
I am looking for a universal wakeboard tower for my boat and I really like the aerial airborne tower. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place i could look with some good prices. I would like to get a package deal with speakers and racks but would also consider just getting a tower only and adding the speakers and the racks seperately. The best package deal i can find is $1500 to the door with two speakers one rack and light bar. I was hoping to find something a little cheaper.. any insight would be greatly appreciated
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-28-2011, 5:16 PM Reply   
I looked for a long time at universal towers and just decided to build one here recently out of 2" od 6061 aluminum. I plan on using the old style Nautique Flight Control tower as a model but rough estimate with tower, lights, speakers, and racks was $1600-$1700 depending on shipping.
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-28-2011, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmock50 View Post
I looked for a long time at universal towers and just decided to build one here recently out of 2" od 6061 aluminum. I plan on using the old style Nautique Flight Control tower as a model but rough estimate with tower, lights, speakers, and racks was $1600-$1700 depending on shipping.
i am assuming you know how to weld aluminum and also have a bender of some sort? would like to see pics if you are already underway with construction
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-28-2011, 6:55 PM Reply   
I would focus on just the tower. Any speakers you get for that cheap are going to be extremely low quality and you will kick yourself in the rear for trying to go cheap. Get a tower and a pair of racks, one rack is never enough. Also tower lights are only good for docking at night. Theyre not bright enough to ride with so I would advise you to spend the money on other things.
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-28-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegoose23 View Post
i am assuming you know how to weld aluminum and also have a bender of some sort? would like to see pics if you are already underway with construction
Some friends of mine race xrra and so its their equipment. I just spend enough time to learn how to tig, use the cnc plas, etc. But yes they have a tig hydraulic bender cnc plas ironworker sheet metal brake sandblasting equipment etc. I am currently waiting on the metal to get trucked inso as soon as there is progress i will post it up.

Hes right about the speakers. Im looking at refurb kicker km6500.2 for $250 online just to get me by.

P.S. Sorry to thread jack!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-28-2011, 9:10 PM Reply   
Dude $1500 for a tower, lights, and speakers TO YOUR DOOR and you want cheaper. Man I saw a sweet 2x4 tower on a tri-hull a few summers ago
Old     (jdoggy_73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-01-2011, 12:26 AM Reply   
These guys are in the Sacramento, CA area (long haul to KY)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Wake-Wakeboa...69630689693332
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-01-2011, 3:51 AM Reply   
I am thinking about goint with the aerial airborne because I currently have an I/O and I want a tower but I dont want to spend too much on a boat that really isnt made for wakeboarding. I guess the reason i would go cheap on the speakers is because I just want something that i can play some music on nothing overpowering. I may save the overpowering speakers for when I decide to get a wake specific boat
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-01-2011, 5:54 AM Reply   
Kacy, that is a good price with those options. If you are looking to change up some of the options, let me know and I can price something for you from OnlyInboards but that price is really good.
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-01-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
check ebay. I bought an aerial airborne about 4 years ago for $700.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-01-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
Have Star One Wake build you a custom tower for close to a Universal tower cost.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-01-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
If star one could build you one for a few bucks more, that'd be the way to go. You should check out their price, and you would have a solid tower that you would be happy with
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-01-2011, 4:22 PM Reply   
star one??? who is that and where do i find them?
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-01-2011, 7:27 PM Reply   
http://www.staronewake.com/
Old     (dizzlestoy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-02-2011, 6:17 AM Reply   
If you want custom built try www.tricktowers.com