Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
Are there any alternatives to Speaker Sox? I have tried contacting them ad nauseum but have had zero success...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-14-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
^^^weird, they are usually really easy to get a hold of???

screamin sacs is a competitor, but I prefer the speaker sox material.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-14-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
If you know someone that can sew, make some of your own. I found a pattern and getting my neighbor to sew them for me. I went out and got my own material that would last in this ATL heat. The material was only $12.00, enough to cover 4 speakers and 2 racks. It wasn't Sunbrella, but just as good. I will let everyone know how it turns out and post pics.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-14-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
Speaker sox will occasionally has auctions on eBay for half the price as their retail price. I got two pair for $45-$50. The only difference is there are no logos.
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       07-14-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   
wetsounds has some for their speakers...not sure what brand of speakers you have.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-14-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
Wetsounds are made by Speaker Sox. I found Speaker Sox great to deal with. Had no problems getting ahold of him amd he returned calls very quick. Jim @ 707 364 2600 is the contact number I have.
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-14-2010, 6:47 PM Reply   
I have called Jim twice in the past week and he answered each time.
Old     (dhcomp1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-15-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
I didnt' want to spend the money on speakersox, and orderd from Screamin sacs.

They blow. Thin, non padded material, with a crappy drawstring, for $35ish.

And, they took a 2+ weeks to arrive, although when i contacted them, it sounded like a family medial issue, so can't blame them for that.

Before they arrived, i spent $6 total on 2 black canvas tote bags at walmart. If it wasnt' for the american flag logo on them, they would be PERFECT.

Going to try out the screamin sacs ones, but think i'll probably keep using the softer, thicker tote bags. Just tying the handles together to keep them on the speakers.

If you aren't looking for acoustically transparent, this is a valid, cheap option.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-15-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
I actually prefer the screamin sacs to the speaker sox but I just tow with them and I don't get any bug guts blowing through the screamin sacs like I did with speaker sox. Both are good products but the speaker sox fade in the sun and hold water against the speaker enclosure when they get wet. On the other hand the screamin sacs aren't as breathable, can't play speakers with them on. I guess these are the things I like more about them though.