Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-07-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
I have a friend who might be interested in this boat:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1822837582.html

He has a teenage son who has progressed way beyond his I/O boat with no tower and wants to buy a V-Drive.

Any comments good or bad?

Anyone got any leads on similarly priced V-Drives?

Thanks...
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-07-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Great boat at a good price. We ride behind a 2002 all the time. Great wake, great surf wave, great all around boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-07-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
I agree with Duffy. That looks like a great price on a clean boat. I wish I had the money because I would be that thing in a heartbeat for that price.
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-07-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
I have the 2000 version of that boat....Love it! And that is a smokin deal and looks in great shape. The Taps throws out a pretty good wake. enough to do most any tricks. We are just now starting to play with fat sacs (more for surfing right now then wakeboarding). But it has been an awesome boat. we have 525 hours on ours.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-07-2010, 8:21 PM Reply   
Thats a keepr right there. i would tell your buddy to get on it. Have it checked out for sure but by the looks of her she has been well cared for. That thing will throw great wakes and for under 20k going to be hard to beat.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-08-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
I have a 99. Absolutely love it. Great wake, tons of space, awesome surf wake. If I didn't already have one, I'd swoop that thing up ASAP!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-08-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
I like the old Riders Editions. They are roomy, throw a nice surf wake, and ride great on plane in rough water. They're mostly reliable, but Merc is my least favorite marinizations (impeller changes are more difficult than they should be, and they were prone to vapor lock in that era). Wakeboard wake is huge and vert, but hard to keep clean. The nose is low to the water and dips easily. Tigé vinyl was thin and crispy in those days. I think there are better choices out there for $18k, but around $14-15k that looks like it would be a good deal.
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-08-2010, 12:21 PM Reply   
+1 On what Darin said. Great boat for the money, lots of interior room.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-08-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
Love Tige!
Old     (gordo)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-09-2010, 6:05 AM Reply   
I have owned a '99 21V Riders edition since new. That's 12 years of boat excellence and rider fun. 800 hours of family fun. We have had 3 minors repairs. Two were impellers and the third an ignition transducer. Our boat is powered with the same Mercruiser 350 MPI engine.

Our boat has run beautifully for 12 summers and hopefully for another 12 or more. Every once and awhile I get the itch for a new Tige. After thinking about it, there is nothing a new one can offer us, other than a little bling. When we purchased this boat we hit a homerun. My advise - "buy the boat".