Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakeboarder78)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-13-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
How is the 2006 x1 for wakeboarding, wakeskating and wakesurfing? Thanks!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-13-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
It is one of the most legendary wakes for wakeboarding. It requires quite a bit of weight to get pro level but has a great shape to it, is clean and hard. I am guessing it is just fine for wakeskating as it is on the narrow side. Wakesurfing it is ok but isn't in the same ballpark as the Avalanche.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-13-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
2600lbs is when the wakeboarding wake comes alive
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-13-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
with stock its lame, with an extra 1500 on top of the stock its nice.... small inside the boat but if you only ride with a few people usually you'll be golden.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-14-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
Still one of THE best wakes for wakeboarding when weighted properly. If you are ok with a small boat (compared to todays standards) you will love it for wakeboarding and wakeskating.

Wakesurfing is another story. As a goofy side surfer its almost impossible, the boat was designed long before wakesurfing was popular...
Old     (zorro)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-14-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
Kevin,
Why in your opinion for a goofy footer is almost impossible to wakesurf behind the X1. Can you better motivate your opinion?
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-14-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
Ive toyed around with countless weight setups on the X1 (Not enought weight was never an issue) and the wake was never that good. Definitly surfable with the right board, but a very small pocket.

The X1 is designed off the old ProStar 205 hull which was a direct drive ski boat. The hull was designed with 3 event skiing in mind, not wakesurfing or wakeboarding. Its almost a fluke that with a bunch of weight and a V-drive it is an amazing wakeboarding boat. (See my profile picture). But on the right side of the boat, I have never been able to get a good surf wake. Freeboard also becomes an issue with extra weight.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-14-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
And I have NOTHING against the X1, most of my wakeboarding time has been behind an X1, and it will always be one of my favirote wakes.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-14-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
I have an 06 x1. You can't surf the starboard side, but the port side surfs nicely. No need to mention anything about the wake, that topic has been covered several thousand times.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-15-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
The X1 is a beast. Had one for 3 seasons (2006). Not the biggest boat, but it does the job it is built to do.

We surfed it a few times. Definitely not a great surf wake, but doable.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-16-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
it has a mackin' wakeboard wake when it's weighted! just finished my 3rd season with this hull...loved every set!
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-16-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
I had an 06 for almost 3 seasons, I think that it is one of the best all around boats out there. a little small but the wake is great and doesn't take a lot to add more weight if you wanted.