Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (brett_busby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-09-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
Narrowing down the vacation plans. Looking for a place that is warm like Shasta. Will bring my RV & boat. Plan to wakeboard/surf and ski with the family. It would be nice to have a lounge and music like Lakeshore Inn for the wife. Which do you prefer and why.
Need:
RV spot
Bar with a band or music
Warm water
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-09-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
time of year?
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-09-2009, 10:50 PM Reply   
Keep in mind any of the lakes could be problematic due to the drought California is in. So keep the water levels in mind, the later in the year the worse it gets.

Delta you won't need to worry about it.
Old     (justbecause)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-10-2009, 6:19 AM Reply   
is there a trinity in cali too??? ive got a house on the trinity here in tx...
Old     (brett_busby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-10-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
3rd week of June or July. Are the water levels down again? Last year Shasta sucked due to the smoke and water level.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-10-2009, 7:15 AM Reply   
Currently Trinity's at 50% while Shasta is at 65% and climbing. We go every year for the whole July 4th week to Shasta and it varies. No gaurentees at all except it WILL be hot!
Old     (braap13)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-10-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
If you want a bar with a band or music that would cross trinity off the list. There is not much up there in the middle of the forest.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-10-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Malibudude is right. I would steer clear of Trinity and Shasta this year at that time. The level at Shasta will most likely be lower than it was last year. You cant beat the Delta and its probley the safest bet. How about Tower Park? We stay at Tiki Lagun alot, not the nicest but places near by for food/entertainment.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-10-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
Hey Razzman, were do you guys stay? There will be a group of us staying at Antlers the 2nd through the 9th.
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-10-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
check out the delta. Best riding in the world, multiple place for bands and bars. Check out the delta chamber of commerce for more suggestion on camp grounds there are lots of offerings
Old     (brett_busby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-10-2009, 6:01 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the help. Delta it is. Now need to find a RV pad with a bar and music we can walk to. Does the Tiki Lagun have this or any other suggestions. Looked at the chamber but, doesn't provide if the RV park is in walking distance to a bar.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
I think tower park has a bar restaurant doesn't it ?
And I know the rv park is right at the bottom of the levee. I think they have activities for kids also.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-10-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
http://www.towerparkresort.com/
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-10-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
Hey Byron normally we're at Antlers too, same house every year. This year though we're hanging out outta Hirz Bay, the 80 peeps group site due to a family type get together thing.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-11-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
Cool Razzman, hertz bay is nice ive always wanted to stay back in there. If we get over to the Mccloud arm we'll keep a look out for you guys.

Brett, Tiki doesnt have a bar/restraurant but they do have a store and theres a some good places near by for food/drinks. Tower park does have a bar/restraurant and the park is really nice. Only thing is the launch ramp is brutal, best to have them launch your boat for you.
Old     (brett_busby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-11-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Now I'm thinking twice about this? A brutal boat ramp, please explain? In 28yrs I've never had someone launch my boat. Even after 4 x 4 in my motorhome last year at Shasta! Due to water level, this is one of the reasons we are thinking of trying a new place. What is the water like? warm is it clean or smooth? Seems like a lot of people use the Delta area.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-11-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
Konocti Harbor - Clearlake
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-11-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
Sorry I should've been more clear :-) The ramp is VERY steep and short but i've launched with a 2 wheel drive truck it was just tuff. They have tracktors that will come to your site to launch and retrieve your boat for you for like $15. Me and the group I usually go there with choose to have them do it for convenience more than anything. If you have a good tow vehicle than you should be fine doing it yourself. Oh and Tiki's ramp isnt the greatest either!! LOL Not sure how many really good ramps there are because of the currents, tides ect......???

(Message edited by bkoz on April 11, 2009)
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-13-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
Tower park is definetly your style bar and restaurant right on site all within walking distance
If your looking for green water and large white caps then follow TO's advice and do Clearlake. Good bar and restaurant with top level entertainment on some weekends, but the skiing and boarding generally bites. I have a cabin there and use it more for dirt biking than boating
Old     (brett_busby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-13-2009, 10:12 PM Reply   
From tower park were do you go to wakeboard and is the water smooth and clean?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-13-2009, 11:45 PM Reply   
its the dirty D for a reason brotha. imho from some one who grew up on the D. go to a lake my friend i just dont think you will get that killer family outing experience that your seeking. how can beat trinity or shasta there beautiful lakes full or not. If you wanna ride the D. hit me up. me and my crew will show what the D is all about anytime. but hey im just sayin!!!
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-14-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
We vacationed as a family on the delta when I was a kid and loved it so i dunno?? Actually my grandparents loved it so much they bought a business there on the delta and stayed a while. :-)

Nothing is dirtier than Shasta or Triniti when the water is down. The fowlest red clay dirt you'll ever come across and you'll sink knee deep in it. If your houseboating than yeah the water level doesnt matter as much.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
Th Delta is probably the only place where you can set up your RV 50 feet from your boat, on a dock, with everything you need.

I would leave the RV behind and get a Bullards Bar houseboat!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-14-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
^^^^^thats what im talking about^^^^^^ houseboat is where its at
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-14-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
Nothing better than houseboating. I really need to get down and check out Bullards this year, i've heard great things about that place.

Just a couple of other suggestion if you do go to the Delta.

http://www.snugharbor.net/

http://www.bandwresort.com/

Again I like Tower Park and if you have kids they have a pool, spa, playground and outdoor movies on Friday and Saturday nights. Heres a link to the KOA that youd need to make reservations through for Tower Park among others on the Delta.

http://www.koa.com/where/ca/05442/