Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-22-2018, 9:47 AM Reply   
Now I know wet sounds are probably the way to go but what are others using for an affordable option for tower speakers. Very disappointed with my factory roswells on my 2017 mondo. Distorted at surfing speeds.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-22-2018, 2:08 PM Reply   
They are likely grossly under powered and poorly tuned. So part of the issue lies not with the speaker. Id suggest a new amp with your new speakers. Go with a pair of 8" coaxial, like the Wet Sounds Icon 8 and feed then in the 200W rms range. Another great sounding option is a pair of Kicker KMTC8. Again, power them in the 200W each range.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-22-2018, 5:01 PM Reply   
Thank you. Found the hidden panel on my amp and did alot of tuning. Sounding alot better now.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-23-2018, 5:32 AM Reply   
What is the difference between the icon series and the rev series
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-23-2018, 6:38 AM Reply   
Icon is a traditional coaxial with dome tweeter. Very well suited for surf and party cove listening,

Rev series is the horn loaded compression tweeter. Better suited for wake range projection. The exception is the 10" rev-10 HLCD. The extra surface area of the larger speaker adds mid-bass, making it very good for surf and party cove. Many Rev-10 owners out there that do not wake board.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-23-2018, 4:13 PM Reply   
Exile Audio makes great products as well.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-23-2018, 5:20 PM Reply   
I had always owned Co-ax tower speakers and never thought wetsounds were worth it, then snagged some Pro80s .... I was wrong, they were amazing. I eventually upgraded to Rev10s and was re-blown away.

They're absolutely insane. Really expensive, yes, but honestly worth it. 2x Rev10s with the right power are so much better than the 6x coax speakers I used to run.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-26-2018, 7:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I had always owned Co-ax tower speakers and never thought wetsounds were worth it, then snagged some Pro80s .... I was wrong, they were amazing. I eventually upgraded to Rev10s and was re-blown away.

They're absolutely insane. Really expensive, yes, but honestly worth it. 2x Rev10s with the right power are so much better than the 6x coax speakers I used to run.
I agree . I messed around with some REV10's on my friends boat and they are amazing . I went from JL 6.5's in my boat to Revo6's and was completely blown away . I'm a fan