Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-09-2016, 3:01 PM Reply   
Hey everybody Im a little bit lost right now! I tried a dealer demo fully loaded 2015 tige RZR last monday. Really love the driving, the wake is amazing for surf but i already found some issues When i tried the boat, 1 little LED light was blinking and 1 tower speaker was not working.. the boat is "new" only 12 hours! For around 70k. I know like the seller say its under warranty but im gonna keep my boat for Minimum 6-7 years And dont want to buy some trouble.. I really loved Tige but they have a lots of electronic. Im scared the console can freeze or anything like that after 4-5 years. So i've stopped cheking for "used" boat and looking for new. Mostly for the warranty. New RZR is too expensive for me and i need a 20foot so i've cheked the tige R20 and the Axis who give full 5years warranty. The boat look nice, all is press button (less electronic). I was not impressed with those A20 because of the little 5.7L but for 2017 it come stock with the 6.0 so its a big plus. I dont know why but i think axis looks more Reliable than tige who only offers 3years warranty.. What do you all thinks? What will you prefer!? For surf do axis is that bad compared to tige? Ive heard a lot of thing thru post and threads that is why i was looking for tige. Where i am we dont have much diversity in boat dealer.. To give you an idea, LOTS of Malibu/axis, mastercraft. Couple of moomba. We dont have any centurion, supreme, MB sport and only 1 tige dealer like 4hours from me. I dont want to buy a boat wich i will be obligated to take roadtrips for little issues that may come with years. Thanks all for your advice!
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-09-2016, 5:38 PM Reply   
Since Moomba is in your area have you checked out the new Helix or Mondo? We currently have a 2014 Mondo and had no issues with it. I'm with you on less electronics the better.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-09-2016, 7:13 PM Reply   
Yeah i already checked the mondo. Like it too but i never heard about the helix. Ive just done my little research and yes i may enter it in my top 3! I have a moomba outback V 2008 and im changing it right now. I was thinking not a new moomba Because with years i had several issues with the ballast and couple troubleshooting. But its normal for every boat to have some issues with years. I want a good boat for surf thats my priority and moomba was the baddest for that! But now with the new surf system i will take a look at it. Thanks pat!
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       09-09-2016, 11:53 PM Reply   
When I was looking at boats it was an R20, A20, F21 & Mondo. The R20 couldn't compete with the mondo surf wise & it just felt smaller. The A20 I couldn't get over the ugly dash and interior even though the stock wave was really good. The F21 was super sexy and I really liked it but MBs surf system wasn't quite ready yet. The mondo was great & price was right. I do wish I would of bought a bigger boat but hey beggars can't be choosers!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-09-2016, 11:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
Yeah i already checked the mondo. Like it too but i never heard about the helix. Ive just done my little research and yes i may enter it in my top 3! I have a moomba outback V 2008 and im changing it right now. I was thinking not a new moomba Because with years i had several issues with the ballast and couple troubleshooting. But its normal for every boat to have some issues with years. I want a good boat for surf thats my priority and moomba was the baddest for that! But now with the new surf system i will take a look at it. Thanks pat!
Huge huge huge huge. Did I mention huge difference in Moomba quality in 2017 vs your 2008. Go check out the Helix and I bet you'll sign the papers when you stack it next to A20 or R20
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-10-2016, 5:55 AM Reply   
We had an RZR for 5 years/450 hours before we got rid of it for an axis t22.

The RZR was a fickle hull but produced a great wake for a 20 foot boat when properly weighted.

We had some issues with ours but overall it was a very solid boat. Everything was replaced under warranty without a hiccup. Our touch screen was going out when we traded the boat in.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about tige quality, they're more or less on par wit everyone else in my experience. Just make sure the dealer gives a proper inspection at the arrival, it seems they ship them funny (this is where our 2 big issues arose).

I would check out moomba as well, I dislike their styling and layout but they seem to have stepped up a lot.

A WT2 might warrant a conversation now too...
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       09-10-2016, 9:55 PM Reply   
If your looking for something without issues then a boat isn't for you. ha

I've heard horror stories from pretty much ever manufacturers. It's really just a dice roll these days. All comes down to whether or not you have a warranty and how good your dealership is with dealing with issues.

And if the 2015/2016 Axis 5.7L engine isn't enough to get you on plane in a 20' boat then you must be some kind of pro.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       09-11-2016, 4:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseR720 View Post
If your looking for something without issues then a boat isn't for you. ha

I've heard horror stories from pretty much ever manufacturers. It's really just a dice roll these days. All comes down to whether or not you have a warranty and how good your dealership is with dealing with issues.

And if the 2015/2016 Axis 5.7L engine isn't enough to get you on plane in a 20' boat then you must be some kind of pro.

This^
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-11-2016, 6:16 PM Reply   
Thanks all! But i dont want "no issues" lol. I have a moomba 2008 bought new. you're right the major thing is the dealership. And its not that the 350 monsoon isn't enough its just for the resale, 2017 come stock with the 400 and im a seller.. I know poeple in 6years gonna want a 2017 over 2016 just because the motor is Bigger haha.. Its stupid like that i know! I prefer to have a boat the color and options i'll choose instead of a leftover for 2k less.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-12-2016, 4:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
Thanks all! But i dont want "no issues" lol. I have a moomba 2008 bought new. you're right the major thing is the dealership. And its not that the 350 monsoon isn't enough its just for the resale, 2017 come stock with the 400 and im a seller.. I know poeple in 6years gonna want a 2017 over 2016 just because the motor is Bigger haha.. Its stupid like that i know! I prefer to have a boat the color and options i'll choose instead of a leftover for 2k less.
The Helix is the first boat in SC / Moomba value line as you can only get certain options and colors vs the Mondo which is almost endless. I have heard they may have 2 lines going forward. Think Malibu with the ride series and wakesetter from years ago.