Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-20-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
Okay, so I've been looking for awhile. Sorry if you've read some of my other posts and I ask a lot of questions, but I'm just trying to get as much info as I can so I can "convince" the wife that this is a wise investment. Maybe investment is a bad word, but I need to make sure its a solid purchase. My wife rocks BTW, she's just more wise with our money. But she is on board to purchase, so I've looked at a lot of boats. I've narrowed my search down to basically 5 boats. 1.) 05 Wakesetter VLX w/ 220 hours illusion tower and racks, wedge, triple ballast, no stereo system for 32k, 2.) 05 Wakesetter VLX w/210 hours completely loaded full tilt but not the illusion tower for 34k, 3.) 04 X2 w/ 500 hours completely loaded full tilt for 24k, 4.)06 Moomba LSV w/ 125 hours w/ everything except stereo for 25k, 5.) New 07 Moomba LSV loaded w/ everything except stereo full warranty for 34k.

I know there is a price gap, I'm probably looking for best value, and any positive or negative input about any of the boats would be appreciated.
I live in Washington so resale regarding these boats in this area would be helpful info as well.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-20-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
04 X2 for $24K!?!? That is crazy. What is stopping you?
Old     (salsajs3030)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-20-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
Please send me the info on the "04 X2 w/ 500 hours completely loaded full tilt for 24k" ..I will buy this boat if you don't.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-20-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
Well, I have to wait until the weekend to see if I can get the x2. It has a deposit on it, but the original buyer failed to show up with the rest of the cash by Wednesday (yesterday), but the seller extended his option through the week. I'm in 2nd position. If its available, that's probably the smartest option especially considering it keeps me under 30. But I do like the BUs. Justin, I'll let you know if the x2 becomes available.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-20-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
Damn Jeremy, you been finding some deals. I think I know the VLx's you are looking but that X2 deal just sounds too good to pass up. Hopefully you can get that.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-20-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
go with the 05 VLX you cant beat that deal with a stick, get your own stereo, that way you get what you want
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-20-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
I've been finding every deal I can to make sure I make the right purchase. In this economy, I'm hoping if worse comes to worse I can sell it for what I paid a year late. that x2 is the one you commented on in ebay. when I finally got my wife to commit, it was sold. nice boat though. The VLXs are a little out of my range, but they seem to be priced so well, it would be hard to think I could go wrong...except with the wife that is.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-20-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
Each one of those is an insane deal... you couldn't go wrong with any of them! Not a bad position you're in. If it were me, trying to stay under $30k, I'd go for that Moomba. But those Bu's are such good deals too... might be worth stepping up.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-20-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
Those are all killer deals good luck flip a coin or something.
Old     (fijidaniel)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-20-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
Those are all great deals. Don't feel bad about excluding the ones out of your range. Go with the X2 first or the 06 LSV to stay in price range. All are great boats.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-20-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
You really can't go wrong with any of the boats you mentioned. I think the X2 is the best deal out of that bunch for what its worth. It would be selling for more than 24k in MN even if it was just in average condition. I have never heard someone complain about a the wake of slammed 205v hull. All of the other boats you mentioned are going to have more interior room. I wish I was in that "tough" decision.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            11-20-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
I must think a little differently but a brand new boat for $34K with zero hours and a warranty is the way I would go. The Moomba LSV has a solid reputation as well. That was the year they came out with the new hull and only good things to say for hanging out, boarding and surfing. They are all good deals and great boats, but a new boat for what you are thinking about paying for a 4 yr old boat with no warranty is a tough one to overcome.
You shopping with Gonnason? Tell Kevin you want him to take you to Hooters for one of his famous drinks to close the deal. ha ha....
But seriously a new boat with a warranty and it is a sweet boat....
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-20-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
ask for the service records of that X2. big difference between a well serviced one than a BEAT up one.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-20-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
Those are some killer deals...you can't go wrong with any of those boats.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-20-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
What? Not a lot of deals out there for Nautiques?
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-20-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
Nick, good thing to think about is the room inside the boat. our primary use is wakeboarding and surfing, but it is a family boat. And typically we're out with other families. lots or room and storage is essential
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-20-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
The 06 and 07 Moomba LSV's have the same specs. Are they different hulls or did they change from 05 to 06?
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-20-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
All amazing deals. Pick the one think that best suits your needs and you like the best. The big difference between the VLX and the X2 is room. Do you think you need it or not?

btw, don't let the fact the second VLX doesn't have an Illusion tower affect your decision. If it's the Titan III, that's a better tower because it has more head clearance and the tower speakers won't blast the people in the rear of the boat.. I went out of my way to find a VLX with the Titan III tower.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-20-2008, 11:06 PM Reply   
Jeremy, Moomba with give you the most boat for the money, but when you turn around and try to sell it in the future...you are going to regret not going with a Mastercraft, Malibu, (or Correct Craft). I know I could sell my boat for more than I paid for it last spring even after I put 100 hours on it this summer. If you are considering this an "investment," resale should be a one of your top priorities. Also keep in mind dealership location... My local MC dealership is only 15 min. away vs. my Malibu dealership is almost an hour. This made my decision all the easier when I was shopping like you. Just my .02
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-21-2008, 12:08 AM Reply   
I need to stop finding deals and eliminate some of these. I just found an 06 Supra Launch 20 SSV with only 85 hours loaded for $29k that seems pretty fair. maybe too small though. Yeah Nick, resale is huge, but some of these moombas are crazy. I actually just got the 06 Moomba down to 23k, which is insane. Decsions, decisions.

Unfortunately Nick I don't have any dealers near, their all going to be over an hour away for me.

Jason, good point about the tower. I really like the illusion tower, but I never thought about the tower speakers being too loud.

keep opinions coming. thanks
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-21-2008, 12:11 AM Reply   
Hey Justin,

are you serious about buying the x2? the seller told me he doesn't think the other buyers are gonna come through, so I hopefully will have the opportunity tomorrow, but I'm a little uncertain if thats the one I want due to interior room. Definitely still on my list, but if I pass I can give you his number or vice versa or both...
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-21-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
New boat over a used boat is a no brainer. I can assure the LSV has one hell of a wake when you sac it out. I would pick out the LSV over the 20 SSV.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-21-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
I personally wouldn't go with the Moomba. I am sure they are well built and everything, but if they are that much now, what are they going to be worth when you pull it off the lot. With a used boat, you don't have to take that large depriciation hit right off the bat. You also have to be careful about hours. That x2 is a screaming deal, and at 24k I doubt you get hurt on resale, but just keep in mind that if you purchase something with 500+hours, put 300 more on it, and try to sell it in a couple of years, it could be more difficult. People generally shy away from 800+ hour boats unless they are screaming deals.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-21-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
He sent me pics and info on the 06 LSV for 23k. It is black and gray and has, triple ballast, perfectpass, stereo, trim tab, cover, tandem trailer, 100+ hours, boardracks, depth finder, docking lights, SS rubrail and the 325hp motor. I wouldn't even consider any of the other boats with that boat for 23k.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-21-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
I didn't see the 06 on there. That is a great deal.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-21-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
You find so many good deals it unreal! I wasn't to impressed with the 20 SSV when I saw it in person. If I were to buy a Supra it would be a 21 V. I just like the higher freeboard and larger interior. 21 V is rated for 14 people vs. 20 SSV is rated for 10. It feels MUCH bigger than just one foot longer. Thats a hell of deal for a 06 Moomba, the only thing that scares me is that resale value like I said before. Imagine what it will be worth 4 years down the line...easily under 20 grand. I just checked my Mastercraft dealers inventory to compare prices, they have a 2003 X2 that is loaded up and in great shape for 34.5k. Which seems a little high to me, but you still get the point.

The LSV will throw a decent wake when sacked out, but it will never be as good as sacked out 205v hull.

When you keep finding deals like this makes me want to take out a loan and play this game.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-21-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
Sam - not a lot of CC's on the used market because they last and throw a dope wake with the least ballast of all boats.

The people selling them they don't have to discount them nearly as much as the others so its hard to find a steal since the market isn't flooded with Nattys.

Of the list above, I'd go with the MC.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            11-21-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
Paul,
A statement like that about resale is not fair or true. Resale is dependent on how you buy a boat. Sure if you pay sticker on a brand new boat of any manufacturer you are gonna take a big hit. As you can tell by Jeremy's numbers he has given he probably will not take much of a hit cause he is buying right on any boat he picks. I can proudly say that I have owned 5 Skiers Choice boats and there is a reason I have owned 5 and not kept one for a long period or switched brands. Resale and I like the product.
You do the math and tell me if you go buy a $75k Mastercraft and take it off the lot and sell it for $60K in a year if you are lucky. You lost $15k
You buy a Moomba for $40K and sell it next year for $30 or realisticly $33K+, but I will be fair and say $30k. Who lost more money? Sure go ahead and bring up percentages. Money is money....
No hard feelings and I love all the boats he is talking about, but the fact of the matter he is getting good deals on all boats, so that really null and voids your statement about resale. With the economy now, no one has good resale on boats, but Jeremy is doing his best to protect that loss.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-21-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
I think people take resale into account too much. If you keep the boat for 5 years it should be close to paid off and if the economy rights itself the boat will still be worth around 20k. Look around, just because there are a couple for super cheap doesn't mean the boats resale is terrible. Most 06 LSV's will be in the 28-33 range. The boat also books out to almost 35k. This boat is just super cheap.

I am a huge mastercraft fan but for a 2 year newer boat with 400 less hours, is bigger, has more storage and still throws a great wakeboard and surf wake it seems like an easy choice. Especially since Jeremy wants something with more room and storage for his family.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-21-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
Like everyone said, all good deals and depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. If the MC is in good shape and still available, pull the trigger. Since you have 2 solid options for under $25K, I would go with one of those. No sense in exposing yourself to more debt or tying up more of your cash in a boat given the economy we are in.

Nice research.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-21-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
Diggs,
My comment wasn't to hurt feelings, and I was comparing that new boat with the used one he mentioned(mind you I did not see the '06). I am sorry if you don't like it, or agree with it, but MC, BU and CCs are going to hold their values better over the long haul if resale holds any value in the decision making process.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-21-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
IMO, the X2 wake is great, if not one of the best. It was top on my list until I started doing my homework. If you are looking for a family boat it may not be the best option because of limited room for family and friends.

(Message edited by parkgirl on November 21, 2008)
Old    pdxWAKE.com            11-21-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
Paul,
No problem. you did not hurt my feelings. He has lots of good choices and can't make a wrong decision. We obviously don't know the condition of these boats or how they were maintained. That is not an issue when you buy new and have a good warranty. I agree with you if he was buying new and paying more money, but in this case he is getting a smoking deal so is limiting his loss on resale.
In closing, if all things are equal and great shape boats, he has some sweet deals to pick from.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-21-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
Diggs, agreed. I'm actually really surprised the resale argument was brought up in this thread... Those are such good deals, resale should be the last thing on his mind. Al the used boats have already taken much of their depreciation, and the new boat is such a good deal that the same could be argued of that one.

Jeremy, good luck with your decision. You can't go wrong with any of them.
Old     (salsajs3030)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-21-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Hawk22
For sure!
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-21-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
Have you gone and looked at any of them in person? Its amazing how much pictures can hide...
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-21-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
Unfortunately, their all located over 5 hours away. So I am relying on pics for now. But will not buy until I see it in person.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-21-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
Good. Also, from somebody who has learned this the hard way in the past... check the date-stamps on the pictures they send you. I've driven 20 hours to look at a boat before that looked pristine, only to find the pictures were taken when the boat was new....
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-21-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
Jeez, that must have been the worst 20 hour drive back home ever!
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-21-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
Stay on budget- make sure the wifes on board, remember a happy wife is a happy life.

Brett- thanks for helping out my cous. with good advise- your welcome on my boat anytime.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-21-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
Todd, you use to have a MC 205, right? I use to work at Cope and talked to you a few times. I love that truck you have.
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-21-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
I did but sold it 2 winters ago to buy a house, then that next summer got an 06 moomba lsv and love it. Thats why Hawk is interested in a lsv possibly, he's ridden behind mine. He's is still beatin me up with his deals, I consider myself pretty good when it comes to deals, I got my o6 lsv w/ pp loaded up w/ 15hrs for 33k in a good market, in summer, not that bad I thought, now Hawks lookin at my same boat for 23k- holy moly.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-21-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
I know where that X2 is, from the pics it looks to be a bank repo. IIRC a guy on the MC website was looking at it, but the seller would not tow it to the local boat shop for an inspection. Seller wanted to take it to a RV shop? Red flags to me.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-21-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
The X2 is a bank repo. It came from Modesto. I guess there is a rip in the very front vinyl but that is the only piece that is ripped. I don't trust them 100% either.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-21-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
Todd, you winterize your boat yet or are you still using it?
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-21-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
No still using it -going to all winter long, I have to justify having it so it makes my wife happy when it gets used not just sittin in the garage. Hawk came down last weekend when it was super nice and we rode- it was awesome, I love glass on Lake wash.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-21-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
Nice, that is the way to do it. I am thinking about installing a quick water drain system on my boat. WE sell these quick drain fittings for oil plugs and they make the sizes to go into the block and manifolds. I just have to see if they have one that would fit the transmission cooler. I rode Sammamish a couple weeks ago. It wasn't that nice though. I might try and talk my roommate into going up to Radar this weekend. The only problem is they don't have a wakeboard boat up there right now. Just the prostar 197.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-21-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
x2 sold. so if I'm staying in reasonable budget, i guess the moomba is next. Any last input
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-21-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
06 Moomba.
Old     (formula353)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-22-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
Hey everyone.. I have the LSV that he is looking at.. I have lots of deals, just need to know what people are looking for.. Currently I have: 06' LSV, 06' 211, and Tige 22V, 03' Tige 21I.. There are several CC available if people are looking.. Good luck on any upcoming investments....

Jason
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-22-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
I would go with 05 VLX for 32K...
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-23-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
I currently own the exact same boat as the 06 LSV, and absolutely love it. I have had zero problems with my boat (knock on wood). The only bad thing about my purchase is I paid 8k more then the price you have been quoted.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-23-2008, 8:40 PM Reply   
Well its lookin like we'll be movin forward on the LSV. He's offered to add some of the upgrades, just curious what y'all thought of the prices for them or would I be better off doing myself.

3 Vent Heater installed $525
Hot/Cold shower installed $350
4 ch Amp/Sub/ Tower speakers $950 to 1200 (JL or MTX sub, flight craft or
Bazooka twr spkrs)

thoughts on the upgrades???
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-23-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
DO NOT get bazooka speakers... pathetic, He is ripping you off there.

Hot/cold shower - i've used ours twice...to spray people -- I would pass if you have the heater.

Heater is nice.

For $1200 on stereo you could get an AWESOME wetsounds/nvs setup... thats a total ripoff, I'm kinda shocked at that price.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-23-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
I kinda like the shower. I live in Northwest and its nice to warm up jackets for people when their going in the water, and also hose'em off when they're done. kinda just curious about the pricing, I will end up adding all of it before season the season starts. But if its priced right, I might as well have it done before I pick up the boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-23-2008, 10:23 PM Reply   
Those are reasonable prices on everything although if I was you I would skip the stereo. You can get interior speakers, sub and amps pretty cheap online. Don't waste money on cheaper tower speakers. To me there is no point in getting cheap tower speakers because you won't be able to hear while riding. Sounds like you are getting stoked and you should be.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-24-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
For sure on the shower, and the heater.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-24-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
good deals don't last I guess. I just called to move forward on the moomba and its gone. There goes my 2 solid options for staying under budget. I'm sure something else will come up through winter. Thanks for all the input. I'll post up when I purchase.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            11-24-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
You keep posting all the good deals and they won't last...... ha ha.... I just bought that from your posting. Thanks
ok kidding....
Good luck
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-24-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MASTER-CRAFT-X-1-85HRS-DEALER-DEMO-PERFECT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ250330999353QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ Power_Motorboats?hash=item250330999353&_trksid=p45 06.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7 C240%3A1308

when you find one yu gotta get it! you know better what you want than a bunch of people on a message board. I will second negative comments on the cheap tower speakers though.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-24-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
just saw this
http://www.vwsdatadistribution.com/detail.html?94061323
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-24-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
yeah, that boat is at Mission Rv and Marine. Personally I can't stand the flames. Does seem like a real good price though. Adam there has some real good prices on a couple bu's, centurions, MC to.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-24-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
those are some nice boats. really tempting, but I think as I've processed through this, I really should stick to my original budget of 30k. But mission has the BU at 32k sooooo tempting. But you figure by the time I get it here and stereo, tax, etc. I'm realistically looking closer to a $38k boat which is probably not wise. Good deal still, someone else should buy and give me a pull!
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-24-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
Better buy this winter because boats are going to go back up.
Old     (formula353)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-24-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
Anybody up for a 2003 Malibu sunscape lsv???

http://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/925511389.html
Old     (formula353)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-24-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
2003 Tige 22I bring me an offer, needs to go..

http://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/916066533.html
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-25-2008, 10:29 PM Reply   
Does anyone know what changed from 05-06 in the LSV? found an 05 with less hours for about the same price.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-25-2008, 11:01 PM Reply   
or what about the XLV? did the 05 lsv become the outback V, and the 05 VLX become the 06 LSV?
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-25-2008, 11:15 PM Reply   
On the LSV, I believe O5 and 06 are different hulls.

The XLV is the 23' beast... It's a bigger boat that (I hear) throws one hell of a nice wake. The XLV had a very slight hull change in 08, and the slight interior tweak with the seat behind the driver.
Old     (cory_h)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-26-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
I have an 07 XLV and love it. I've also had an 03 LSV and an 04 MB Sports B52. If you get an LSV make sure it's 06 or newer. Personally I would look for a 05-06 Moomba XLV in your price range. Although if you could land a B52 they are bulletproof boats, I still miss mine. Shouldn't be a problem getting the XLV I have seen some on Ebay at that price. Even if a guy is asking more make him an offer, everyone wants to sell right now.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-28-2008, 10:49 PM Reply   
Any Supreme fans here? In my price range I can nearly pick up brand new V220. Better options?
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-28-2008, 10:59 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/643938.html?1226482365
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-29-2008, 6:41 AM Reply   
I put 93 hrs on my new Supreme V 212 this year no problems or complaints.Most of the hours were put on it in Lake Erie.I was worried about how much I could use it on Erie,but it handled and performed better than I expected it to.The trailer is solid also,put well over 1000 miles on it with no problems.

(Message edited by wakebrdjay on November 29, 2008)
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-29-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
I was also looking for a boat and found the Supreme sale down in Oregon. I'd originally been looking for a late model vRide but couldn't pass up the deal on a Supreme V220 or V208 down at Oregon Custom Marine. The guy rocks and I don't care what anybody says, you can't get a better deal than a brand new 2007 boat with a warranty for under $ 30,000.

Check them out!

http://www.oregoncustommarine.com/default.asp
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-29-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
Yeah, I found OCM the other night looking for some boats and they have some really nice deals. Which one did you get 208 or 220? Why? I've heard people like the wake of 208 better, but the space of 220?
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-29-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
The 05 VLX was the first year of an all new VLX. The 04 VLX hull became the VRide. The 05 VLX is the same as the 08 VLX. It is also the same hull as the 09 VRide. I don't know why the boat dealers do this. It is so confusing.
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-29-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
I purchased a V208. Went down there to buy the 220 but after seeing that the 220 have virtually no underseat storage I went with the 208. I got a sweet deal for $ 30K! The 208 is about 10" shorter and 5" wider and weighs 300 pounds more but it is a much nicer riding boat, especially if you ever go into rough water. It has a deeper V. Lots more storage in it too. The blue and white one down there is LOADED and I know you can get it for $ 30K. It has a heater and perfect pass in it too!
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-02-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any opinions about 04 Sanger V215? Does it have the same hull as current models?

Also, what about the Calbria Pro V? Saw one on the classifieds that looks nice.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-04-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Jeremy, I thought you were pulling the trigger on the Moomba...Did that fall through?
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-04-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
Jeremy, I thought you were pulling the trigger on the Moomba...Did that fall through?