Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (11silviop)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-23-2009, 6:03 AM Reply   
Does anyone know why KC is having 2 boat show this year (not that i'm complaining).
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-23-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
Paul they have for the last few years.

Actually we have 3.

Boat & Sport Show (always the first one)

Mid-America Boat Show (emphasis on Lake of the Ozarks boat dealers)

KC Boat Show (emphasis on KC boat dealers)

The Boat & Sport Show happened a few weeks ago, the Mid-America is happening this weekend, and the KC boat show should be in a few weeks.

Maybe I'll see you there, I got free tickets in the mail to the Mid-America show yesterday!
Old     (11silviop)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-23-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
Thanks tj. We're probably heading up there too.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-23-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
I heard a rumor that Xtreme Marine went under? Any truth to that?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-23-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
bradley, according to their website, yes
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-23-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
okay, just pulled their website up and it pops up a different company all together
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-24-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
Went to the Mid-America/Overland Park Boat show last night.

It was pretty fun.

Saw the Air Natique - Byerly Special edition boat. The wife loved the popup lounge seats that let you lean back and watch the rider. I loved the snap out carpeting. I still don't love the tower looks.
http://www.nautiques.com/boatpages/210icon/

Saw the MC CSX - ocean fishing/wakeboarding boat. That was interesting...
http://www.mastercraft.com/boats/series/csx

Saw the Cobalt 232 - WSS from their new Water Sports Series. Which is your typical fancy, subtle, classy Cobalt with a tower, speakers and a little graphics package.
http://www.cobaltboats.com/modelline/232WSS/index.php

The show is a ton smaller than the 2 other shows in KC that are held at Bartle Hall. But nice, b/c of the crowd is high quality.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-24-2009, 6:40 AM Reply   
why would they have a CSX at the KC show... they didn't even have one at Chicago.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-24-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
ha-ha, you tell me?

it was there though i promise you wakeboard racks on the top of the roof, fishing pole holders, table in the bow, seating for about 20 and all!

also had quite a few $400-500k boats, big formulas and sundance cruisers, overland park is a very wealthy demographic i guess they are catering to the crowd.

btw, not implying that chicago is not a wealthy market, clearly it is, not sure why they didn't have a csx there.

(Message edited by tj_in_kc on January 24, 2009)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-24-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
so it was the 265 CSX?
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-24-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
i think so, but i didn't actually know they had more than one csx model. It did have a hard top and platform with a step on the transom. it looks like the 265 from the MC website.
Old     (nawteek256)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-24-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-24-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
Yes, that is the boat.

I also found the link on the Skier's Wharf Extreme website, which it's listed on

http://dealer.sold.com/moredetails.html?94405140&sitecode=skierswharfextr emelink
Old     (kid_yacht)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-10-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
Brad....its true. We were forced to close for the Christmas break and did not reopen.
2008 was a really challenging year. We lost a significant amount of money, and with the economic challenges that still face the country...the decision was made that we should cut the lines and let it sink.
I apologize personally to all of the customers that we were fortunate to have met over the years.