Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-04-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
I talked to him 2 saturdays ago to finalize details. Called him on the following Monday to arrange purchase and it was gone. He said he ended up sellin' it on Saturday. I wish, I think that was the one that got away. But I'm lookin at some other things now. Got my sights on a 05 V ride for 26k. And I also have a guy going to a repo auction for me. Auction is Tues/Wed so hopefully my decision will be made by then. Any last input would be good. I'm 90% certain I'll own a new boat within a week. Got an 07 Supreme V208 for 25, and an 04 Wakesetter for 27 I'm also considering.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-06-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Jeremy, sounds like you're learning two things. 1. You know how to find some great boats at awesome prices. 2. The best ones don't sit around for a long time.

You are picking a boat like my parents say I am picking a wife!
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-06-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
Okay, I'm buying this week. Now that my x2 is gone and the mobius I wanted, I am leaning heavily toward the malibus. I've got sights on 03 and 04 Wakesetters and also 05 Vride. Are these all basically the same boat? I've heard others suggest they'd take an older Wakesetter over a new Vride, why is this. I'll be posting pics hopefully by the end of next week. Thanks for all of your input. Still also in the hunt is 06 or newer Centurion Air Warrior, 03-05 Supra Launch, and 07 Supreme V208....but that being said, I'm leaning toward the malibu.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-06-2008, 12:49 PM Reply   
Buy a new repo (from out of business dealers) Supreme with warranties etc for 30K (10+K under dealer cost) - there are a lot of amazing opportunities out there for boat buyers!
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
So I finally pulled the trigger...only one small problem now...I got such a great deal I ended up with 2 boats. Seriously! I got an 03 Supra Launch SSV and an 03 Wakesetter VLX. Both are pretty loaded with triple ballast, tower speakers, wedge on the malibu, hydraulic plate on the Launch. Now I just need to decide which one I'm keeping and which one I'm selling. Any thoughts?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-10-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
pics?
Old     (jclay5)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-10-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
WoW my wife would kill me!!!!!!
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-10-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
He hasn't told his wife yet -He's dead!!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-10-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
Huhhh...I thought you had a budget. Selling a used boat is awfully tough right now.

Congrats on the new boat though.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
todd, that is so not true. Kelli knows everything. she's cool
Old     (scramison)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-10-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
What did you end up paying for each jeremy?

I would go out early this season (which you were going to anyway) and find out which is more comfortable/built right for you. No one is going to be able to tell you which is better for you since its more of a personal choice, especially now that you own both boats.
Old     (jclay5)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-10-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
Lets just see some detailed PICS!
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2008, 4:07 PM Reply   
Alright I've cleared up this mess. I was excited to own both, but the guy had a buyer for the Wakesetter if I wanted to relinquish it so I let it go. I let the Wakesetter go, it was a sweet boat,only 66 hours but I wouldve needed to add pp, heater, and shower. I got it for $22500 but I decided to let it go because I was going to have to add a couple things. So I think I made the right decision, I'm keeping the 03 Supra Launch SSV, I picked it up for 19500. It has 112 hours on it, JL system (sub and tower speakers), transom remote, heater, triple ballast, hydraulic wakeplate, perfect pass. The only thing I will want to add is shower so its pretty much ready to roll on the water for the 19500.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
There she is! I welcome feedback, but don't beat me up too much about not getting the wakesetter. It was only 3000 diff on paper, but I would needed to add a few more things so I figured this will be a great upgrade. I'm pretty stoked...perfect timing too...its supposed to snow on Friday
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-10-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
Nice boat, congrats... Send me a pm and I will send you some guide post covers!
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-10-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
Holy good deal... I saw both of those on craigslist, figured those were the two you were talking about. NICE boat and congratulations!
Old    get_sum            12-10-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
That's a steal.. nice ride..
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-10-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
BTW, sorry for yelling, but... ALL THOSE BOATS IN THE BACKROUND AREN'T REPOS, ARE THEY?!?!?!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-10-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
SWEET DEAL!!!

Is there such a thing as the opposite of buyers remorse - like "I just totally stole this thing!"
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-10-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
wow that is smoking deal! I sold my 03 SSV gravity games edition with almost 600 hours for almost 10K more than that at the beginning of the summer.
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-10-2008, 9:56 PM Reply   
Cal- yep 80 somethin boats- not all wake boats, good choice Hawk, I can't wait to go get it and ride behind it- now I don't have to haul my boat to b-ham,(my choice),

Do any of you guys know a good set up for ballast on this thing, how much weight and displacement, for boarding and surfin, I know Hawks gonna want to know. Thanks
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-10-2008, 10:40 PM Reply   
get the gravity games front and rears and it should be pretty close to perfect.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-13-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
There is some oxidizing or fading taking place on the driver side rear portion of the boat. You can notice it in the very first pic. The guy who inspected it for me thinks it is beneath the clear coat. Is this something I can buff out, or is it best to take it somewhere and where would that be? thanks
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-25-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
anyone know what the length is going to be on this boat with trailer? I still haven't been able to go pick it up because of weather, but I want clear some space in my garage so I can back it right in...hopefully.
Old    wiz            12-25-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
you should be able to buff it out. there is no clear coat on boats. its just gelcoat.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-25-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
Crazy good prices. Where are these listed?

And congrats on the purchase. Sounds like your going to have a great summer.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-25-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
hey Bill, most of these are just found on craigslist and www.missionrvandmarine.com . but the one I ended up purchasing was from a Repo Auction. It should be a good summer for sure.

2 questions for you: is your profile pic Blue Lake by any chance? That looks really familiar. Secondly, do you live on Liberty Lake? We go to hoopfest every year and we stay with some friends on Liberty Lake, but they don't really have a boat so we just swim and such. But if you're there, maybe I can meet up with you for a set this summer.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-25-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
I wish I was in the market for a new boat. Man that Supra deal is sweet, repo or not. Guess when I get the chance to pass on a good deal, CL is always on that list to check but I'll have to make that suggestion too.

That pic is me at Steamboat Rock on Banks Lake..... same chain as Blue, just a bit further east, so the terrain probably looks at lot alike. In fact Blue Lake is on my list of lakes to visit someday.

We have secondary waterfront on Liberty. The Vride lives in a slip about 6 months of the year, about a block away from our place. So let me know next year when your in the area. We'll come over for a visit & drag you around the lake a while. In fact there is at least one other WW member who lives nearby too. Maybe we can all make a point to hook up when your in town.
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-25-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
Steamboat is awesome- Hawk, remember when we went camping there a couple summers ago- that was a lot of fun.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-26-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
Yeah Todd. We'll have to do that again this summer.

Does anyone know the diff between my boat and the GG edition? If I upgrade the sacs it'll pretty much be the Gravity Games edition, no?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-26-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
I think it is just the bigger sacks, graphics and maybe came with PP and a couple other options standard. Not 100% sure though.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-26-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Jeremy,that was a very good buy.Ill bet by the end of next year you could get more than what you payed for it.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            12-26-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
The gravity games edition will have a specific gel coat color for each year. It also will have some specific detail and colors on the vinyl and interior. It would be loaded with stereo options and the upgraded ballast. It is considered a limited edition, so your would not actually be a Gravity Games Edition, but you could theoretically have all the same options as a Gravity Games Edition. I see a lot of people market theirs as a Gravity Games Edition, when they really are not.
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-26-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
nice boat. for sure get the gravity games ballast. has a great surf wake with just the back bag full on the side you are surfing at 9.5 to 10.5. usually wakeboard with all bags full at 22.5 to 23mph

(Message edited by ncboarderboy on December 26, 2008)
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-27-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hey Diggs, I saw your comments on the "boat for 32k" thread, about the playpen bow vs. walk through. You attached a pic that showed the flip up back to the seats. I've never seen that before, do you know if my boat has that same feature?
Old    pdxWAKE.com            12-27-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
yeah yours should be exactly the same. different hinges back then, but same set up.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-29-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Okay, I just picked up my boat and its even better in person. This boat is so nice. It needs a good cleaning for sure, but it has some nice features. I didn't turn it on, but I am really excited to hear the system on this thing. There is a cluster of 3 speakers on each side of the tower: a tweet, mid, and it looks like an 8" sub (Kicker CVR I think) and the JL Amp is about the size of my left leg, seriously its big. I think the batteries may be dead though because I wasn't able to turn it on. I thought it had everything except a shower, but it turns out that is there too. The back bags look pretty small, but the center sac had to be at least 6 ft long so I assume that's probably the GG center bag??? I'm keeping it in a shop away from my house until spring so I probably won't touch it until then, but I'll post pics when I got it looking good.

Diggs, you were right. the playpen bow with the seat backs that fold up on either side of the walk-thru is nice. As I'm sure you knew the back seat also pulls out and the side cushions act as backrest so you can turn the backseat to be a sofa facing the rear which I think is pretty cool.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            12-30-2008, 6:52 AM Reply   
Jeremy,
That is not necessarily the GG bag. The GG bag will fill that whole center locker in your play pen when it is full. It may be, but hard to tell until you fill it or one of us sees it. All of those locker bags are typically pretty long. I think a 650# bag was stock back then still and it is pretty long still. The 1150 LB bag is a mammoth. Looking forward to seeing some pics.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-30-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
Jeremy, if you need any batteries let me know. My company sells Deka batteries and we can get standard lead acid batteries, gel or AGM versions. They are very high quality batteries and made in the USA.

That is awesome Jeremy. Sounds like you are very happy, as you should be. I may be making a trip up to Bellingham at the end of next summer for a fantasy football draft. I will probably take my boat up there for that. We will have to meet up or I need to at least take a look at the steal of the century.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-30-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
Does anyone know where I can buy stainless steel heater vent covers or chrome maybe? I plan on replacing my cup holders to stainless and I think the heater vent covers would look better stainless also.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-30-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
and possibly some new speaker grills. They're JL or JBL 6-1/4 I believe.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-30-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
one more thing...I may need to replace the CD player. Not sure yet, but it looks a little sketch. I have transom remote, will I any deck connect to the transom remote? Or does it have to match brand/model? thanks
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-03-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
bump. stainless heater vent covers, stainless speaker grills, and does transom remote work to any cd player?
Old    pdxWAKE.com            01-04-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
the stainless heat covers are just a little glued on piece. A supra dealer should be able to help you with that. Not sure on your other questions.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-04-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
Heatercraft makes the heater. I'm not sure if the vents are theirs, Supras or someone else's. I see that Heatercraft has a new Hot Tube that accepts a trim ring. I'm not sure if this is what your talking about though. Maybe you can get a cell pic of your old one to help explain.

The transom remotes are almost always specific to the deck. So if you replace the HU, probably have to stay in that brand or replace the remote too.

Grills are available all over. AirBoom makes some pretty wild custom grills
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-10-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
well it looks like I may have purchased too soon...the next auction is on Tuesday and there are 2 X-Stars coming through....Danggg!! Wonder what those would go for? Well i guess if anybody wants an X-star i can put you in contact with this guy. PM me if interested. 05 and 06. Some other nice boats too 07Vride and 07 VTX....