Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (steves1967)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-28-2015, 6:06 PM Reply   
Thanks to the fine authorities of Manteca, Ca I can longer keep my 10' x 27' canopy ont he side of my house. There are no structural engineered stamped drawings available for a canopy you buy a Costco...go figure! Anyway- I need to find a boat cover that will cover the whole boat and the tower (folded down). I have an 08 Calabria Pro V. Any suggestions on company's? I'd like to keep my investment protected from the rain and the sun...

Thanks!!!
Old     (breeze)      Join Date: Feb 2015       09-28-2015, 6:21 PM Reply   
I had to get a new cover for mine last month and I did a bunch of research. I couldn't find one to actually go over the tower, even when down. I did find a nice custom fit that goes around the mounts that works really nice and is towable. Probably have to go custom to get what you're looking for. After a bunch of research I ordered one from seal skin covers(even after reading a hundred bad reviews) and they fell through in every way possible. I finally contacted the owner who did nothing more than offer a refund. I l found iboats.com after that and they were awesome. A bit more expensive, but rushed my order and the quality is awesome. Hope I helped a little. Good luck!
Old     (Riley212)      Join Date: May 2015       09-29-2015, 8:10 AM Reply   
I got a sunbrella cover from Angola canvas company. I just called them and the cover showed up 3 weeks later. Only a 100 or so more than the cheapest sites online. Fits the boat like a glove.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-29-2015, 8:49 AM Reply   
So you can't have the canopy because it doesn't come with stamped structural drawings? This is what I plan on putting on the side of my driveway once I get another small strip of exposed agg done. http://jawportablebuildings.com/

In the meantime what I've done and I find it to work pretty well is just a 15'x30' tarp. I pull it over the boat with the tower up. I still pull my boat cover on as well and leave the sides open when it's dry so it can vent or get some fresh air. If it rains I strap it right down. I use four big alligator style clamps and 2 bungie cords.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2015, 6:46 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1195076180

Two items in the above link.

1. There is a reason for engineering.
2. I posted my over the tower cover which also covers the sides. No need for a canopy with this setup. Has worked great.

Last edited by srock; 10-27-2015 at 6:49 AM.