Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-21-2012, 8:46 AM Reply   
I saw wherre they are no longer available? Is the Boost Box the only option now?
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-21-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
I want one too if anybody knows where to get them or if Boost box is close 2nd....
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-21-2012, 9:04 AM Reply   
No longer available
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-21-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
A $1.99 app for the iPhone killed it.
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       05-21-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
The problem is that it won't work if you have a ws420. Increasing the volume on the head unit won't make sense :-(. And the volume booster only works via IR which again not all units have :-(

Would love to get my hands on a used HSE
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-21-2012, 2:56 PM Reply   
I have the one I took off my old boat. It would take a lot to pry it away from me. I love the thing.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-21-2012, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
I have the one I took off my old boat. It would take a lot to pry it away from me. I love the thing.
Ditto, they are great, bummer they stopped making a great product.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-21-2012, 4:18 PM Reply   
I talked to Jim a while back when he stopped making them. He basically got run over by the big guy sorta speak. Patenting was becoming to costly. To bad too, greatproduct and a great company with excellent service.
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       05-21-2012, 5:41 PM Reply   
How much does it take to get it from you???
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       05-21-2012, 5:53 PM Reply   
google adaptunes, iphone app, they have similar ones for android devices as well. Works really well. Another option for you.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-21-2012, 10:13 PM Reply   
My HSE works great with my WS-420...
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-22-2012, 1:13 AM Reply   
Monkey_butt,
You might call some of the larger online stores that cater to us boat folks. You may get lucky. I have never put one of these in my boat, but must say it was a great product and Jim is one of the best guys you will ever meet. I picked up two of these just in case I wanted one when I knew supplies were shrinking.

My price is ONE MILLION DOLLARS per unit. Included is a personnel visit from Jim with HSE and he will install and tune your system for you.

Seriously though, good luck in your search. It was a shame to see this product get trampled by the big guys.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-22-2012, 5:12 AM Reply   
I'd sell mine for half that, but you would have to install it yourself.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-22-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
I have a used HSE that I will sell. PM me
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
Boy I like where this could go. I have a new, in the box, uninstalled HSE unit. I plan on installing it one day....
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-22-2012, 2:59 PM Reply   
I gave away the HSE when I sold the boat. Wooops!
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-22-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
I am in the market for a HSE if anyone wants to sell. Thx
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-24-2012, 7:01 AM Reply   
I thought there was an app for the Iphone...Adaptunes?? Is this still available? When I do a app search nothing like this is found in the itunes store.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
Jim may have some left over he would sell. I sent him this link for reference. We ride together a few times a week so I'll make sure to find out.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-24-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
cycle sounds is all that comes up in iphone apps. Interesting - I'd like to try it before I buy it, but $1.99 meh...
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       05-24-2012, 10:11 AM Reply   
I did contact Jim last year and he said that the story was over ... Boohoo ... But if you ride with him you must have one yourself???

Anyway thanks for passing this on to him
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-24-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveflat View Post
cycle sounds is all that comes up in iphone apps. Interesting - I'd like to try it before I buy it, but $1.99 meh...
I still like adaptunes more. I just downloaded cyclesounds this week and it's not as customizeable as adaptunes.

Adaptunes has been effectively dead for quite a while... maybe this is an opportunity for an enterprising wakeworlder?
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-24-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
If Jim has a few left, I'd buy one.

It seems like this would be something the Wetsound 420 could added in a updated model. Just a thought but maybe Jim should license his model to someone who's currently building EQ's and incorporate to two things into one glorious home run!
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-24-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
Anyone know if any retaillers still have any available or does anyone want to sell theirs?
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       05-25-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
Tom - I PMed you a while back but never got a reply - you still have it?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
Shawn, what settings are you using on the Adaptunes? It's been awhile since I tried it but it was crappy at best for me.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-25-2012, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Shawn, what settings are you using on the Adaptunes? It's been awhile since I tried it but it was crappy at best for me.
Old     (HSE)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-26-2012, 6:17 AM Reply   
Hey Guy's thanks for all the comments and compliments. Unfortunately I do not have any stock left to sell. You might try my dealer in Australia, DWC Marine, he bought a large batch before I shut it down.

Have a great Holiday Weekend..
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-26-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
Jim it sucks that things turned out this way.I love your product,good luck in the future.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-26-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
Thanks Jim, I have one of your volume controls and could not be happier with it. I recently found one for a buddy of mine that has wanted one every since he saw mine in action. If one of these happens to go bad, can it still be repaired or will we be out of luck?
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       05-26-2012, 8:23 PM Reply   
And I'm ordering one from Ozzie land right now ... Kinda crazy but Jim thanks for telling us where the leftovers went ;-)
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       06-04-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   
early father's day for me ... sweet - now I just need to figure out which wire carries the RPM signal and ... the more important part - how to get my head unit to respond to the signal coming from the HSE ... so I hope that purchase from down under isn't going to waste or put up here for sale again ...
Attached Images

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-04-2012, 3:12 PM Reply   
I can't seem to find adaptunes anymore???
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       06-04-2012, 4:49 PM Reply   
one more update for everyone thinking about HSE, volume booster etc.

Jim from HSE Trident said that he sold his last batch to a guy in Australia. Took his advice - bought one online and paid AUD275 for it - which included shipping. Took 7 days to get here - pretty sweet. The one thing I have to warn you prior to this is the following: I may have made a mistake and this is actually my 2nd mistake ...

I purchased in January the volume booster first and it came with an infrared cable to trigger the volume on the stereo. Guess what - my head unit doesn't support an IR remote - so the whole thing didn't work and I had to return it. The HSE requires you to connect via wire to your head unit to trigger the volume boost. Essentially they all try to do the same - the HSE is just using the RPM of the engine vs. the volume booster an acceleration sensor - similar to what the iphone or an ipod touch are using.

So I'm still not sure if this is going to work - my head unit (Kenwood) does support a wired remote control - so I may have to buy the wiring harness and figure out which cable is ultimately used for the volume (and god forbid - it's not just a single cable).

I still think the HSE is superior to the booster box but you better make sure that you know how your head unit works before buying either solution.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-04-2012, 4:54 PM Reply   
The HSE does not connect to your HU other than to get a signal to turn on and the RCAs. The tach wire will go to your ECU.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-04-2012, 5:38 PM Reply   
Poop... I didnt see the post soon enough but the Auzzie is all out of stock. Looks like this guy got one of the last in the known universe.

Last edited by zacharoo; 06-04-2012 at 5:41 PM. Reason: ms
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       06-04-2012, 7:47 PM Reply   
Jon, sorry - you're right - checked the wiring diagram again ... out of the woods now ... sweet cruising ahead ;-)
Old     (rarasaurus)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-19-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
I have a new one still new in box that I never got around to installing, Got if as a gift and never used it. What do you guys think its worth? Anyone still looking for one?
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-19-2012, 3:07 PM Reply   
PM sent to u George
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       11-19-2012, 5:03 PM Reply   
Audio cruise...free app
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-20-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarasaurus View Post
I have a new one still new in box that I never got around to installing, Got if as a gift and never used it. What do you guys think its worth? Anyone still looking for one?
I am in Canada and interested in your HSE if you still have it.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-20-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I still like adaptunes more. I just downloaded cyclesounds this week and it's not as customizeable as adaptunes.

Adaptunes has been effectively dead for quite a while... maybe this is an opportunity for an enterprising wakeworlder?
Shaun, If you are currently using an Ipod docking/charger cable that has no effect on volume control coming from the Ipod itself, would this app still work? When I plug in my Ipod all the volume is controlled through the WS-420 and HSE regardless of what I have my Ipod volume set at. I was just curious if you do have it setup this way the Ipod app would not be able to control the volume because it would not make any difference as to what the volume is currently set at on the Ipod itself.

I have the HSE, its a great unit. If I ever sell my boat it will coming with me, just as it did on my last boat. Its too bad they would not re-introduce to the market, seems like plenty of demand and I have yet to run into anyone using it who had any negative feedback on it. I also like it because regardless of who's Ipod you use on the boat, there does not need to be any app's loaded on everyones Ipod/Iphone. Always nothing but positive feedback on the HSE...

Last edited by fman; 11-20-2012 at 2:44 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-20-2012, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
Shaun, If you are currently using an Ipod docking/charger cable that has no effect on volume control coming from the Ipod itself, would this app still work? When I plug in my Ipod all the volume is controlled through the WS-420 and HSE regardless of what I have my Ipod volume set at. I was just curious if you do have it setup this way the Ipod app would not be able to control the volume because it would not make any difference as to what the volume is currently set at on the Ipod itself.

I have the HSE, its a great unit. If I ever sell my boat it will coming with me, just as it did on my last boat.
No -- that's an apple issue, I think. No volume control through the dock connector. It's just a line out. You need to use the headphone jack or bluetooth for any volume control ap to work.
Old     (HighVoltage)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-21-2012, 4:49 AM Reply   
I also have one of the HST audio control boxes sitting in my garage, brand new still in the box. I bought it with the intent of installing it on my boat but haven't had the chance to do so yet. The motors been a higher priority than tunes.

If someone really really wants one, send me a PM and you might be able to pry it out of my hands.

Last edited by HighVoltage; 11-21-2012 at 4:52 AM.
Old     (HighVoltage)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-21-2012, 6:07 AM Reply   
Given the interest in the controller and my hate for ebay/paypal. I'll take some pictures tonight and put it up for sale in the classifieds section tonight. I don't want to hijack this thread.
Old     (HighVoltage)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-21-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
Pictures are up and its in the classifieds section.

http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield....php?view=3035
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-21-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
Will this go for more or less than a box of twinkies?
Old     (HighVoltage)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-12-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
In case anyone is still looking for one of these: http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/3739506791.html
Old     (Skyskiguy)      Join Date: Oct 2017       09-14-2020, 9:22 AM Reply   
Anyone have an HSE volume control they'd be willing to part with? Had one in my last boat and would like to add it to my current tug.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-14-2020, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyskiguy View Post
Anyone have an HSE volume control they'd be willing to part with? Had one in my last boat and would like to add it to my current tug.
I have one that may or may not work... I tried to get it to work in my boat with a tach signal generator and gave up. PM me for very reasonable deets on getting it in your hands.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-14-2020, 12:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I have one that may or may not work... I tried to get it to work in my boat with a tach signal generator and gave up. PM me for very reasonable deets on getting it in your hands.

Whelp never mind. Looks like it got tossed in the last great garage culling.
Old     (Skyskiguy)      Join Date: Oct 2017       09-14-2020, 2:28 PM Reply   
Bummer!! Anyone else?!!
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-15-2020, 12:17 PM Reply   
I have one for sale...only $32,000.

If you choose to take the Sanger V215 it comes with is up to you or not!

Seriously though, still one of my favorite features of the boat.
Old     (Skyskiguy)      Join Date: Oct 2017       09-15-2020, 1:25 PM Reply   
Tempting!
I’ll keep hunting!
Old     (Skyskiguy)      Join Date: Oct 2017       09-17-2020, 12:48 PM Reply   
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
I thought for sure someone on Wakeworld would have one kicking around.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-20-2020, 7:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyskiguy View Post
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I thought for sure someone on Wakeworld would have one kicking around.
http://www.boardstop.com/product_inf...roducts_id=926

Not sure if these are still around but I used one on my 05 X2 for 5yrs and 06 Xstar for 3yrs.......work flawless and better than any of these auto volume controls on today's boats. I don't even use auto volume on my 17 22MXZ because its horrible.
Old     (Skyskiguy)      Join Date: Oct 2017       09-20-2020, 11:04 AM Reply   
Boost Box is still available.
Like you, I don’t like the speed based volume control in my MC - pretty much worthless for surfing. 10.8 MPH is not enough speed to increase the volume enough. I wish they would allow you to choose an RPM based mode, which works great for surfing. Unfortunately Boost Box is not compatible with Fusion head units.