Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-24-2010, 9:34 PM Reply   
As of the last year both of my parents were diagnosed with Cancer. My Dad with prostate and Mom with bladder cancer.
Both have undergone traditional treatments, my Dad is now fairly healthy and has no markers for existing cancer, but my Mom, after several surgeries had been cleared, then has just found out that her cancer has returned and spread to one of her kidneys.
Cancer scares the crap out of me, and it seems that cancer has become more and more prevelent in the world we live in. So anytime I see new studies or experiments that have good success rates I spend the time look into them.
I stumbled onto this one on wimp.com one of my favorite time killers at work (when WW is slow of course).
I know the foods we eat have been linked to not only causing cancers, but preventing cancers as well.
That is why this video really caught my attention, because it explains how the foods we eat can be so beneficial in preventing and possibly curing cancer.
Its only 18 minutes long with some dumb cartoon at the end but it was worth the watch.
Might be good info for anyone out there with cancer to ask thier doctor about it, or for the healthy folks to think twice about the foods we eat and how we take care of our bodies for the long haul. I know this definately makes me think twice.
I have no vested intrest in wimp or TED, so you internet warriors simmer down.

http://wimp.com/starvecancer/
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-25-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
watched it very interesting and informative thanks
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-26-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
Read the book Eat to Live
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-26-2010, 9:06 AM Reply   
My wife has been really on top of this stuff, and the cancer connection with food is one of the things she has been talking about. Lately we've been working on ways to economically get organic food and reducing dependance on processed foods.

Unlike the trans fat revolution, I don't buy into the recent fad of bashing salt. I'm not convinced that any studies of illness wrt high salt usage can be distingushed from the correlation of high salt and highly processed food.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-26-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=929543#i

@ 44:00

"Xanax: you pay $136, cost to make $0.02"

That gives you an idea of who has the money to buy the govt that regulates health care and produces guidelines for nutrition and treatment of disease.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-02-2010, 7:00 PM Reply   
Very interesting video, thanks for posting.