Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-19-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   

WTF?
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-19-2010, 9:22 PM Reply   
Yeahhhh, she's crazy. Anyone who doesn't admit that is also probably fairly crazy themselves. Woooooo.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-19-2010, 11:17 PM Reply   
Its no wonder that this country is in so much fiscal trouble with bone heads like her making decisions. Too bad the fiscal conservatives stopped paying attention when they were hijacked by the god freaks.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-19-2010, 11:40 PM Reply   
Which

Anyone read that bill everyone is pissed at AZ for? Most of the people that are against it havent, and in the paper today there was an article that was talking about how all these people who are upset about it have no clue whats written in it. Its really just the federal laws, rewritten. If a cop asks to see your ID, you have to show it either way. And if your driving, you need the License, and to get the license you must be a legal citizen.

Dont get why we are trying to protect those who break the law. We have rules for reasons.

End rant.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-20-2010, 4:42 AM Reply   
haha. No one really believes this Bi*$h do they? What a terrible idea.
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       05-20-2010, 5:41 AM Reply   
so I get to pay for the health care of people who don't want to work so they can follow their dreams of music and art?....sounds awesome...
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-20-2010, 5:41 AM Reply   
what an idiot....
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-20-2010, 6:00 AM Reply   
I used to think "yeah right" when people said that there will be another civil war in our time, but not i think that time is getting closer. I for one am not going to tolerate this attitude. Artists feeling free to follow their passions because health care is paid for is not what made America. How people can even start to believe that this is a good idea is beyond me.
Old    bigdtx            05-20-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
Only a moron would watch that clip and think that she said "quit your job and have free health care." What she was saying is that you will be able to BUY health insurance from the exchange that "should" offer lower premiums than what are available today - although without a public option I doubt the costs will come down as much as everyone says. As someone who has been an employee, a business owner, self-employed, and been laid off from a company and had to consider COBRA (LOL) as an option I can tell you that buying health insurance as an individual is ridiculously expensive and the insurance companies screw you every chance they get because they know there is nothing you can do about it.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-20-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
Big D, I am pretty sure she said "If you want to be creative and be a musician or whatever you can leave your work, focus on your talent, or skill your talent, your aspiration, because you will have health care."
sure sounds to me like i am going to be footing the bill for many "creative" people.
Old    deltahoosier            05-20-2010, 5:38 PM Reply   
You can buy any policy you want. The reality is, you will not be able to afford to use it. Health insurers only have a 5% profit with all the crap they have to pull to get out of claims. Just like the dream that democrats were not for the Iraq war and Bush did it, so is the wet dream of insurance equaling healthcare.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-22-2010, 12:00 AM Reply   
Insurance rates will not come down, anyone who thinks that it will has been brainwashed. There is no incnetive for an insurance company to lower rates. They will only continue to go up. This health care legislation will only cost the tax payer more money that they do not have. If you don't have insurance now, you won't have it next year because you still can't afford it. but you will be taxed for not being able to afford it, so chalk one up for the idiots who pass laws that don't make any sense....once again
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-22-2010, 1:05 AM Reply   
Just remember, guys... no matter how bad things get.. it could be worse.
There is a Mr. Pelosi out there somewhere.
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-23-2010, 6:15 AM Reply   
Remember "ONLY YOU AS A VOTER CAN IMPOSE TERM LIMITS" vote the bums out.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-27-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
She said "you don't have to be job locked". How the hell are you gonna have insurance without a job? Jeez how many musicians can afford health insurance? I am guessing not more then 30%. After the cost of getting your weed card that is 100 bucks a year, food, drugs and shelter. Throw in a hooker once a month. How much left over do you have for healthcare? Although if your are buying clne {stock ticker} you may be able to buy it. This is the stock Pelosi writes a lot of bills to protect and she and her husband are heavily invested in.
Old     (kruiserkat)      Join Date: May 2010       05-27-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
Hell Yeah, I'm gonna follow my dream and be a rapper. Hmmm how am I gonna pay for it all while I practice my beat box?