Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mxracer183)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-30-2010, 7:22 PM Reply   
Hello guys,

I need your help to figure out what's wrong with my stereo setup..

My setup is simple 2 rca output from deck to amp. One rca output is for 4 in boat speaker and the other output is for the Kmt6 on the tower.

Everything was working real good before storage...but today I was preparing the boat for the summer (the only thing unhooked for the winter were the tower speakers) and when I tried the stereo no sound at all was coming from any speaker...

My deck is working and there is power for sure on the ampli and the fuse is ok

I first thought that my problem was from the deck that resetted all setting because the batterie was disconnect but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

My batterie seemed low (it's charging right now) could it be the problem?

every cable speaker and power is connected fine like last year since the only thing that was unplugged for the winter were the tower speaker...

Does someone can help me to find the problem? Were should I start to look and how?

Thanks for your help guys.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-01-2010, 6:20 AM Reply   
I think your on the right track. You said your batt was low. How low?
You also said you disconnected the tower speakers for the winter. Did you reconnect them?
If you did, and nothing works after you batt is charged, I would say your problem is in the stereo.
It's easy for 1 amp to stop working, but both at the same time is unlikely.
Old     (rebelman10)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-01-2010, 7:09 AM Reply   
My kicker amps turn off when voltage gets low so batteries my be the case.
Old     (mxracer183)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-01-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Thanks guys
The batterie is not the problem its full now...

On much ac voltage should I get on the deck pre-out? I seem that I can't read anything with my multimeter

Thanks