Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-11-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
Who's going? Hope we have a good turn out. Love to see some more locals out there this year and maybe a few more out-of-towners!

A little shorter this year but always worth it.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-11-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
going on saturday
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-11-2010, 8:57 PM Reply   
My crew from Yakima and Seattle will be heading into town Saturday and checking out the collection art show Saturday night, then going to the boat show on Sunday. Look for the only idiots tailgating the boat show, ez-up tent and all, and come grab a beer!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-11-2010, 9:40 PM Reply   
Get Tyler to park next to you and it's a party. Wait, forgot he's out of town. He will be bummed.....
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-12-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
Damn.... That does sound like fun. I will be there this week, but out of town for the weekend. I am a bit bummed as it is always one of the funnest times of the year. I usually need to be driven home too.......
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-12-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
goin thursday. really lookin forward to it. any pre-show pics yet?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-12-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
I am going tonight (pre-show). I have my DSLR and can take pics, if I don't get too distracted. ;->
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-12-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
I will be there tonight and this week as well. I will look for the easy up. Should be a good time. Hoping the beef Jerky guy is there this year.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-12-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
I'll make it over there this weekend for sure. now we are all on the lookout for the EZup!
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-12-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
We are heading to the Preview Party tonight too. Should be a great time. Unfortunately we are out for the weekend too. Will try and post up some pics.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-12-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
I think we are headed out on Friday night then finish up with some beers at the rock in Vancouver.
Maybe we'll bring the ez-up on Friday
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-13-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
I was at the show last night. Here are my observataions:

1) AWS had the best display. With four boat lines (Malibu, MB, Supra, & Moomba) and more gear than anybody else, they take up a lot of room. They were well staffed with AWS staff as well as factory reps. At times their display was packed, and this was only the preview night! I can only imagine how packed they will be over the weekend. They had at least 12 boats ... maybe more. I didn't count, but there were a lot. As an AWS customer, I was very happy for them. They work very hard for it!

2) Mastercraft had a great display as well. They had an X-2, X-10, X-14, X-25, X-45, and two X-Stars. They did not have an X-1, X-35, or X-55. Also no CSX boats (no surprise). The X-25 was clearly the star of the display... people crawling all over it... gorgeous boat. Boat show price of $75K loaded. The X-45 was only $5k more.

*** the rest of the show was pathetic from an inboard perspective ***

3) Tige had three boats, two were covered up and nobody in sight from the dealer to talk about them. Lame.

4) Centurion had one boat, an Enzo 230. Nobody there to talk about it. Double lame.

5) The following were absent: Nautique, Sanger, Supreme, and Calabria. I can understand the latter three, but why no Nautique? The local dealer must be in bad shape. I can't figure out why Nautique is not more popular in Portland.

6) The size of the show overall was 1/2 the size of last year... only two buildings at the Expo Center, not all four as in the past.

So basically, it felt like going to AWS and PSBC. The rest was lame.

With that said, I'll be back on Saturday!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-13-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
AWS owns the Portland area for wakeboarding boats and gear. It would be tough for any other company to compete with them in their area.

DBC, are you sure they had an X10? They haven't made that boat for almost 5 years.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-13-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
IXFE, it was good meeting you!

Brett, they had a X15, not a X10 and they had two X14's. One DD and one V-drive.

Spencer, they did have one Jerky booth!

Agree that AWS and PSBC stole the show. Food was pretty good, too. The shrimp skewers were money:-)

(Message edited by lionel on January 13, 2010)
Old     (axismatt)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-13-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
AWS also has a solid black Axis Vandall edition on display. I will be at the show Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Come by and have a look. I might even have some new Axis stickers with me!
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-13-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
Where they all 2010's? Was there a repo booth?
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-13-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Is AWS an Axis dealer now?
Old     (carlosdynamicaudiolodi)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-13-2010, 3:02 PM Reply   
Hey Brian, sorry I missed you at CES. I was looking forward to see the new marine goodies. Did you show them at the Portland boat show?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-13-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
I just talked to the guys from Foil-n.com & they are there all week. Said it's a little slow now but picked up a bit last night. Their hanging out with the Samson guys. And are showing off all the latest SkySki gear.
Wish we were closer & I'd stop by myself. Still have a couple weeks before the show in the Kan.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-13-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
Bill,
make sure you give my guys at MC Inland a hard time for me.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-13-2010, 5:09 PM Reply   
Matt - Yes, AWS holds the Axis franchise as well. They had a boat at the show. Pretty sweet too.

Moe - All boats that I saw were 2010. The only 2009 I saw as the X-2 at MC's booth. Obviously, I didn't check every boat. But all the Bu's had the new tower, all the MB's were new. All the MC's had the new dash (minus the X-2), etc. My perception is that there are NOT a lot of leftover deals to be had like there were last year. Also, prices were strong across the board. No fire sales happening.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-13-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
^^^ Good to hear.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-13-2010, 9:02 PM Reply   
I just realized I said X-10 instead of X-15. What a brain fart!
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-14-2010, 8:10 AM Reply   
DBC- we are heading out saturday and going to have some beers and dogs in the parking lot before we head in, you should join us.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-14-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
Thanks for the invite Gregg. I'm actually going with my wife and another couple. Sort of a double date. We'll probably arrive around 6pm until closing.

If you guys are still there, I'll look for you. I'll either be at AWS or PSBC.

It would be cool to meet more of the PDXWake folks. I met Bryan on Tuesday at the show. He was eying the TWB.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-14-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
Sounds good. I think we are heading out in the morning, try to make a day out of it. but the show is so small not sure about that one. Have fun and maybe we'll see you out there!
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-14-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
Carlos - Hey no sweat on CES. My bad. Not yours. Exile doesn't exhibit at the show as we let our Samson Brothers make the big splash. sounds like they showed off a lot of stuff!

I'll head down on the weekend and check it out and look for some of these eZup tents :-)
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-14-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
I just noticed Active Water Sports' 2010 PDX Boat Show Preview vid is up on their youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/activeh2o
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-14-2010, 10:41 PM Reply   
my wife and i went tonight. for the first time, it was great to have real conversations with the guys in the booths, and really talk boats and not feel like they were trying to just make a sale. the axis boat was sweet. pretty cool feature set, options, and definitely a lot of thought went into the boat. but my wife's favorite was definitely the x-25. it's a sweet boat. time to start going door to door collecting cans to raise money for a new boat.
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-14-2010, 10:44 PM Reply   
oh ya- almost forgot. got an early birthday present from my wife- new rope and handle set up from aws- they always come through with great prices at the show- thanks guys!
Old     (carter13)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-15-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
Thanks Cal for posting the youtube.
You just saved me $27.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-15-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   
Carter, I hear you... It's definitely smaller. And even though it's a smaller show, I will gladly pay an entry fee since it's probably the only thing I'm able to do to support the industry this year. And maybe a new handle from aws since they seem to have some deals again. Hope you change your mind and hope to see you guys at the ez-up on Sunday...
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-15-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
That Black and Red Tomcat looks NICE from the AWS Video.