Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-16-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
Been wanting to get one for a while for cruisin around on the lake, instead of running hours on my Supra. It's not a $40k floating palace, but works. Goin to pick up sat. 2000 24' , 115 salt water series outboard ( motor is 6 months old).

Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on January 16, 2009)
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-16-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-16-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
Very nice. You should have some great times on that!
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-16-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
"Outdoor carpet dance floor" - Ledford

'toons are are great, great addition to cruise, float, good times.

Boat looks nice, enjoy.

T
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-16-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
Hey, Fox Racing edition, huh. Enjoy.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-16-2009, 8:59 AM Reply   
Anyone know if this will work.

I only have one lift and it's setup for a my Supra. CAn I park the pontoon boat on it too?

My thought was the pontoons would just rest on the galvinized I beams. As long as the weigth was somewhat centered, it shouldnt' move???

Reason I ask is my boat will be in service for a couple of months. Here is a picture of the craddle, form when the lift was built a couple of years ago. The guide poles are wide enough to accomodate the pontoon boat.

UploadUpload
Old    mendo247            01-16-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
Nice man! Ive wanted a pontoon boat for along time! You will have allot of fun on that thing!
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
Very nice Adam!

With our boys away, my wife and I are putting a lot less hours on the boat.
I'm thinking something with a BBQ and a blender is just what we need also.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-16-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
Probably need to build some bunks similar to the pontoon's trainer. I'm sure you could park the pontoons right on the lift rails, but it would probably trash the pontoons.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-16-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
Nice Adam - Next time I get to Houston I would envision maybe a slide and kegorator addition...
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-16-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
That is awesome - I have been thinking of doing the exact same thing for days when I just want to hang out..Nice!
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-16-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
Adam, I have used my lift to support my pontoon boat temporarily. Of course, mine didn't have any bunks for the pontoons either. The pontoons did deflect some but that was probably because they already had a leak, thus the reason why I put it on the lift. I don't think it did any damage but was a little unnerving at first. However, everything is all good. I leave my pontoon the water fulltime and it still hasn't sunk after doing that.

Upload
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-16-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Adam we have dont exactly what you are talking about with our. We actually store it like that year round. I just took some carpet and duck tape and made pads for the galvanized beams where the pontoons would contact with the cradle. by the looks of it I would back your toon into the slip instead of pulling it in forwards. Just tilt the motor way up and once you get part of the ways in just walk the boat into the slip.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-16-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
http://www.anchor-dock.com/sealegs/index.htm

I found these a few years ago and I really want to install this life looks awesome
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-16-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
pontoon boats are awesome. i love the run off the front into the lake and keep your feet running move...Upload
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-19-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
nice supra

you need to add a stripper pole to your pontoon!!!!!!!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-19-2009, 9:34 PM Reply   
I tried the pontoon boat way a few years ago. I was at a point in our life when money was a little tight, but I couldn't stand the thought of being without a boat. And if I was going to buy a Grandpa boat, I was sure gonna dress it up so it didn't look "Grandpa"!!
So we sold the Mastercraft, paid some bills & dumped $2k into a toon. Then we brought it home, stripped all the aluminum rails off it, repaired a couple of places on the pontoons & built what we called the "Tiki Barge".

Upload

Upload

It was fun to use as a 2nd boat, party on, use as a base to ride from, store gear, etc., and we had it for a couple years before I unloaded it & bought the Vride. We had tunes on board, a 40 hp Evinrude, and some fun times on it. But not nearly as much fun as either the 205 or the Vride.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-20-2009, 6:08 AM Reply   
For now the pontoon is floating in the water next to my dock attached to mooring whips. The whips are rated at 5000lbs so should hold the boat off the dock even in rough water....we'll see.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-20-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
Those sea legs are pretty slick. Has anyone tried them or know what they cost? Poontoons are a great way to kick back. I want to build one with an upper deck that has a full set of controls and big captain's chair.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-20-2009, 3:24 PM Reply   
that's cool adam, congrats!

nice pics bill, that's classic!

would love to own one as a second, but would be tough not living or having a place on the water.

i bet you'll have some great times with that.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-20-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
Tiki barge is epic, I did not see that coming. A houseboat seems like a lot of fun though, I hope everything works out for you.
Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-20-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
where did you get the bamboo from, i am in the process of building a poontoon called the leaky tiki and the sides of yours are perfect!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
Hehe, it never fails.... everywhere I go, someone else has that same "Margaritaville" thought too...... love the name, leaky tiki.

I was able to find a bamboo importer in Seattle near the waterfront downtown. It was sold in bundles of like 200 8' sticks. Since your nowhere near Seattle, I'd check any big cities near you.... Google "atlanta bamboo" & you might get a few hits.

Try these guys: http://www.bamboohardwoods.com/
Or http://www.bamboobuilders.com/
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-20-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
what up adam? i have been thinking about dumping the nautique and getting either a deckboat or pontoon. i have gotten to the point that i have only wakeboarded twice in the last year, neither time was behind my boat.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-21-2009, 6:02 AM Reply   
^^^^I've put almost 275 hours on an 07 in about a year and half. Half the hours are running around the lake. I bought this for cheap and plan on using it as my "water taxi". I'm trying to limit the numebr of hours on my wakeboard boat this year. I'll be riding alot more with friends.