Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (j_trip_33)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-11-2014, 6:06 AM Reply   
My 2003 SSV is currently in the shop with a knocking noise coming from the engine compartment. When in idle there isn't any noise, but when I put in gear and get up to around 5 mph it starts to make a pretty loud knocking noise. My transmission is a ZF Hurth 45 CW model. The mechanic thinks he has ruled out anything with the engine or V Drive and the transmission plate looks fine. The mechanic says when there is a transmission issue like this that people just replace the transmission, which would be about $3K, installed.

I live in Dallas and have found a place in WA that will work on it, but my question is, does anyone know of a transmission shop in TX that works on boat transmissions? I've Googled and only find shops on the West or East coast.

Any ideas on the problem or shop recommendations is greatly appreciated.
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-11-2014, 7:41 AM Reply   
Why not just have the transmission rebuilt? It's kinda of the end of the season anyways
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-11-2014, 10:03 AM Reply   
These guys are in Houston and rebuild all V Drive and Direct drive tranny's..

http://www.palmerpower.com/

They have a test bench to see if yours is good..

It's probably not the trans.. They either work or they don't'.... If it's slipping then the bands are going out..

good luck..
Old     (cwbzeus23)      Join Date: Apr 2012       10-17-2014, 11:37 AM Reply   
Thank you for the Houston referral. I will be sending the transmission down there next week to have it looked at. Fingers crossed it isn't too bad.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-17-2014, 8:28 PM Reply   
I've also used these guys up in ohio and they are reasonable... They'll only change the parts that it needs.. And won't rip ya off..

http://fantasticfinishmarine.net/