Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-11-2015, 5:32 PM Reply   
Wow.

http://www.nautique.com/Press/index/...t-craft-family
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-11-2015, 6:00 PM Reply   
I think this is awesome. Can't wait to see what changes with these brands
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-11-2015, 6:10 PM Reply   
Yup. They'll all be running PCM for starters.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-11-2015, 6:45 PM Reply   
They've been running PCM for a while now.

As a previos Centurion factory sales rep I can say I love their boats and their construction is top notch. Their in the gelcoat graphics and color lines are the best in the business. Huge attention to detail there. Rick Lee was a prince to work for and always kept his values in the boat line.

I am not sure how I like companies gobbling up the competition, but only time will tell what long term effect is. I so don't see the huge benefit. It's a lower cost line , but not enough lower to get to the entry level people.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-11-2015, 7:30 PM Reply   
I do not believe this is a good transaction for the industry. Within a year you'll probably say goodbye to the Supreme brand.. I think Centurion will be around for a while but overall phase out will probably occur.. Less competition, individual development and ingenuity will suffer... I hope i'm wrong..
Old     (jk13)      Join Date: Aug 2012       06-11-2015, 7:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad1Tai View Post
I do not believe this is a good transaction for the industry. Within a year you'll probably say goodbye to the Supreme brand.. I think Centurion will be around for a while but overall phase out will probably occur.. Less competition, individual development and ingenuity will suffer... I hope i'm wrong..
Not usually the case. It's rather a way for them to pack more dealers into the same areas while also covering a wider customer base. Dealer zone protection goes out the window if they come in with a different brand. So yes, you are essentially competing with yourself (with dissimilar product) but either way the money goes to the parent company.

Tons of examples of this in just about every competitive industry. The truck accessories market has a ton of conglomerations (TAG owns Leer, Century, and Raider topper brands), for the watersports industry Kent owns many major brands, in hockey it's Nike/Bauer and RBK/CCM (although Bauer and CCM are buying themselves back--Nike has been out for a couple years and RBK is supposedly going soon). About a dozen others spring to mind in other industries.

Last edited by jk13; 06-11-2015 at 8:01 PM. Reason: clarity
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-11-2015, 8:14 PM Reply   
I've been through 4 mergers and one of the brands has always ceased to exist... This may be different.. I hope so for the employees..
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-11-2015, 8:18 PM Reply   
One things for sure….prices on those brands will rise. Supreme already took a huge jump in price when Centurion bought them.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-11-2015, 8:30 PM Reply   
^ Hope not
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-11-2015, 8:57 PM Reply   
Maybe they will make an "Axis" type model like Malibu did.

Some type of budget G21 with toggle switches, etc.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-12-2015, 4:45 AM Reply   
The Nautique factory outside of Orlando is undergoing a huge expansion. Centurion had a factory in NC. Time will tell but I think a big benefit to this is producing boats on both coasts. This clearly screams Wakesurfing is king. What does this mean to the dealer networks ? Time will tell.
Old     (jaws)      Join Date: May 2012       06-12-2015, 4:58 AM Reply   
tic toc tic toc....Mastercraft fans will soon be chiming in on this. On a side note i heard Correct Craft is buying wakeworld.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-12-2015, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post
Maybe they will make an "Axis" type model like Malibu did.

Some type of budget G21 with toggle switches, etc.
This is what I was thinking.. Centurion/supreme will become Nautique's Axis/moomba
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2015, 7:15 AM Reply   
Maybe Correct Craft can fix that ugly dash in the Centurion's now...
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-12-2015, 7:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator View Post
This is what I was thinking.. Centurion/supreme will become Nautique's Axis/moomba
If Nautique makes an "Axis" style G series (or even 210/230) they would have a list of buyers 10 miles long... Including myself!
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       06-12-2015, 9:13 AM Reply   
If correct craft introduces a centrion with more of a 230 hull platform, Id probably sell my 236 to buy new just for the warranty!! I'm still indifferent on the whole situation, I've never been a centrion fan or supreme fan. But this is one way of getting into a "price point boat" with the correct craft heritage.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-12-2015, 9:29 AM Reply   
Well you might be thinking how Nautique is going to change Centurion, but think of the benifits Nautique will now have. Nautique with the Ram system, the Cats, zebra mussel filter thing, just to name some of the things that I like about Centurion Enzo Boats. That Ram ballast is huge, image a G- with almost an instant massive ballast system. Image getting a 230 with the ability to clean up the wakeboard wake with that Cats System without moving people around the boat.

Maybe Centurion will get a better wake board wake, they lack a pro wake. Their dash does suck too. The FS pickle is somewhat fugly, but the G bow is pretty ugly too. My opinion of coarse.

Over all it sounds like it could be a good thing. I hope Centurion and Supreme stay in Ca.

Supreme will probably disappear over time or become the Axis of Nautique.
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       06-12-2015, 9:44 AM Reply   
I do not like ram fill, I've delt with it in a mb an it's such a pain if you want more ballast you gotta throw a pump overboard. Or if a vent gets clogged for the ram fill tank your not gonna be able to get it fully filled
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-12-2015, 9:45 AM Reply   
Well you might be thinking how Nautique is going to change Centurion, but think of the benifits Nautique will now have. Nautique with the Ram system, the Cats, zebra mussel filter thing, just to name some of the things that I like about Centurion Enzo Boats. That Ram ballast is huge, image a G- with almost an instant massive ballast system. Image getting a 230 with the ability to clean up the wakeboard wake with that Cats System without moving people around the boat.

Maybe Centurion will get a better wake board wake, they lack a pro wake. Their dash does suck too. The FS pickle is somewhat fugly, but the G bow is pretty ugly too. My opinion of coarse.

Over all it sounds like it could be a good thing. I hope Centurion and Supreme stay in Ca.

Supreme will probably disappear over time or become the Axis of Nautique.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-12-2015, 9:46 AM Reply   
Oops sorry...dublicated my reply, damn cell phone. Lol
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-12-2015, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 230Nick View Post
I do not like ram fill, I've delt with it in a mb an it's such a pain if you want more ballast you gotta throw a pump overboard. Or if a vent gets clogged for the ram fill tank your not gonna be able to get it fully filled
nothing you said here makes any sense, the ram fill and MB's gravity fed or pure vert system are completely different animals, ram fills when you go, pure vert is PUMPLESS and fills when sitting still, you don't throw a pump over on either, the only thing that might make sense is that if you want more ballast on ANY boat after the stock tanks are full then you either throw a pump over or plumb more in
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-12-2015, 10:31 AM Reply   
Best case for me is that Nautique comes out with a more accessible line of boats.

I may be wrong in thinking the reason they haven't done this already is they did not have enough space in their factory and don't want to sacrifice build capacity for the $$$ boats for a lower priced option. With an expanded factory and additional capacity with the acquired companies maybe it will happen.

I can say for me personally, I love the Nautique brand, had a poster of a SAN210 on my wall and whatnot, but I consider the entire lineup out of my financial range (as a 2%er).

A budget version of the current 210 would be perfect for us...
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-12-2015, 12:17 PM Reply   
I don't believe that you will see much change in product across the board. All of nautique's products will remain in the top tier of pricing, quality, and innovation. I don't think that combining unique brand features is a very good idea. I think the management team at nautique sees an opportunity to roll up their sleeves, get to work, and grow all 6 of their brands utilizing their reputation and dealer network. Great move for them. Cash is king, and they are now competing against 2 direct competitors that have majority market share who are public or going public in the near future. Correct Craft staying in the private sector will be a great opportunity for differentiation to potential dealers down the road once the public manufacturers start to see slow sales growth, and need to answer to investors. IMO, unless MC or Malibu don't start acquiring a portfolio brands, they won't remain public for too long once the stock tanks.
Old     (Bret)      Join Date: Nov 2013 Location: Santa Rosa, CA       06-12-2015, 12:33 PM Reply   
Time to bring back the 1999-2006 Super Air Nautique 210 Hull and name it the Sky Supreme V210 for a cheap price of under 50 grand.

Last edited by Bret; 06-12-2015 at 12:42 PM. Reason: make it better
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-12-2015, 1:59 PM Reply   
being a centurion owner (now my 3rd enzo) i think correct craft saw an opportunity to gain market share. centurion really makes a great boat, so why not expand there line and have a power play on the market. i have had BU's before centurions and loved them too, my friends have correct crafts and love them as well. i don't think it will kill a line, but create overall better line. i am sure there is something to learn from each side. will be cool to see what aspires
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-12-2015, 7:57 PM Reply   
I think it's a safe to say that Correct Craft will not add Texas Auto Liquidators to their dealer list on their expanded website.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-13-2015, 2:04 AM Reply   
don't ask me why I'm posting at this hour, but I think Wakesurfing is driving todays market, Centurion clearly is leading that behind dollars well spent, CC wants a bigger piece of that pie and has dollars to back it, Drew Danelio case and point
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-13-2015, 3:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
being a centurion owner (now my 3rd enzo) i think correct craft saw an opportunity to gain market share. centurion really makes a great boat, so why not expand there line and have a power play on the market. i have had BU's before centurions and loved them too, my friends have correct crafts and love them as well. i don't think it will kill a line, but create overall better line. i am sure there is something to learn from each side. will be cool to see what aspires
This is interesting.. I guess it depends where you live. Where I am, it's a TON of Malibu followed by MC and CC.. plenty of Supra/Axis.. and virtually zero Centurion, Sanger, Supreme, MB. I suspect there are other places that are the opposite.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-14-2015, 4:58 AM Reply   
mark, your on lanier? i am on wylie, it had a supra dealer for years on the lake , so its 80% supra (well actually moomba) then BU then master craft now there is 2 new dealers selling supreme centurion its totally location in the north east you never see supra all Bu and CC very little Mc either. i think you will see more centurion in the future
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-14-2015, 8:37 AM Reply   
As stated, it all depends on what dealer is the best and available close to the lake. Lake Gaston has more Centurion''s than just about anything else thanks to a really good dealer on the lake. There is a Nautique dealer on the lake, and you do see the occasional G23 or SAN, but its not the norm. At this point, I think I see Centurion as the number one boat on the lake, then Malibu, then a smattering of all the others. Funny there are so many BUs, because there really isn't a dealer nearby.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-14-2015, 9:15 AM Reply   
You guys are funny. Even if they turn the brands into the CC version of an Axis, An "entry" level CC is still going to be over $100k. Just watch. A new axis is just shy of $100k up in Canada now.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-14-2015, 9:23 AM Reply   
Well I mean unfortunately everything is stupid expensive in Canada right now. So I mean an axis is 20k less in U.S. Dollars.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-14-2015, 10:44 AM Reply   
Yes, that's totally true, an axis is about $20k less in the U.S.. But at the rate boats are going up, budget boats will be hitting around that 100USD before you know it. And I don't think there is ANY way CC would introduce an "entry" line of boats that are priced below Axis/Moomba.

G23s in Canada are hitting that $170-$180 range now.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-14-2015, 11:03 AM Reply   
I agree, I think cc will just leave supreme be for a while and let them be considered by popular opinion a rough equivalent of axis just without similar hulls I guess. Is supreme less than axis new or right around it? I feel like they are pretty close.

As you get more expensive that exchange rate just hits harder and harder. Seems like the Canadian boat market has to be taking a major hit.

I just don't get budget boats being up at 100k. I mean I can see buying an fa33/44 for 100 I guess, but the steady increase just reassures me I'll be buying used for a long time
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-14-2015, 8:46 PM Reply   
The dollar definitely does hurt us a lot with boats, but surprisingly, all the dealerships in Alberta are as busy as ever. We have so many new G's just on our lake, it's crazy. Alberta has the #1 MC, Bu and CC dealerships in the world, and our boating season is like 3 months for the average person. I assumed this year sales would be way down but it's just not been the case. It's very interesting.

Here is a sweet budget boat in Alberta. MB B52 for $94,000.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-mot...ationFlag=true
Old     (Bit)      Join Date: Aug 2014       06-15-2015, 3:42 AM Reply   
budget boat for 94'000 USD
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-15-2015, 7:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
mark, your on lanier? i am on wylie, it had a supra dealer for years on the lake , so its 80% supra (well actually moomba) then BU then master craft now there is 2 new dealers selling supreme centurion its totally location in the north east you never see supra all Bu and CC very little Mc either. i think you will see more centurion in the future
yup.. Lanier.

Bu rules here, due to the dealership.. followed by MC and Supra (also good dealerships). CC has made a lot of headway, but the dealership is meh (source: I have one).
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-17-2015, 1:28 PM Reply   
Correct Craft also bought two lines of fishing boats, a bass boat line (Bass Cat) and a walleye boat (line Yar-Craft).

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/story/...pany/70407236/
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2015, 2:58 PM Reply   
This is terrible news. Say bye bye to affordable V-drives.

I see the floor price of the affordable boats (already a relative term) going way up. Centurion/Supreme prices will rise, and Axis and NXT prices will follow BECAUSE THEY CAN.

When Mastercraft and Nautique started selling 130K boats, the rest of the industry closed the huge gap. Now it's going to happen on the lower end models.
Old     (slidin_out)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-17-2015, 3:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
This is terrible news. Say bye bye to affordable V-drives.

I see the floor price of the affordable boats (already a relative term) going way up. Centurion/Supreme prices will rise, and Axis and NXT prices will follow BECAUSE THEY CAN.

When Mastercraft and Nautique started selling 130K boats, the rest of the industry closed the huge gap. Now it's going to happen on the lower end models.
Yep for this reason I suspect my 2003 SANTE will more or less hold its value as well as other "old" boats out there. If people are buying them they will keep making them and raising the prices until it slows down. Vehicles are doing the same thing these days. Interest rates are so cheap right now people don't mind paying a little more for things like boats and vehicles because their payment isn't going up much.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-18-2015, 9:28 AM Reply   
I think this is good for all the involved companies ... and ultimately both future and past customers of these brands.

Correct Craft will likely standardize as many parts and raw materials as possible for all 5 companies so it can buy bulk parts and raw materials in greater quantity, and get better bulk discounts.

As far as the price of boats coming down from where the prices are now ... Correct Craft was never going to lead that charge.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-18-2015, 9:34 AM Reply   
Our local dealer sent a flyer with a "special" on the NXT20...$77,000 CDN.

Kiteboarding looks kind of fun...