Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-29-2010, 7:40 PM Reply   
Helping my buddy change the impeller in his avalanche as it started over heating real bad today and had to get it towed in. Any buddy know the part number for the new impeller? Got it pulled out but theres nothing left of it!
Old     (mbellaver)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-30-2010, 4:52 AM Reply   
I don't have the part number handy, but if it's the same pump as on my centurion, the pump has to come off to replace the impeller. I'd just take it the pump to a mercruiser shop and have them match it. Most of the Mercruiser I/O's use that same pump so it doesn't have to be a Ceturion shop. Even the small boat shops will likely stock them.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-30-2010, 5:22 AM Reply   
you may have already changed it by now. i do not have the part # either but these guys will: centurioncrew.com

have you checked over there yet?
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-30-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
I tried searching on centurion crew but being I wasn't a member I couldn't look at anything, we pulled the pump off and my buddy is going to take it to the shop today to match it up!
Old     (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-30-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
if you can get the SN off the tp of the motor, you will be able to find the part number online easily.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-30-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
Its a black scoprpion motor. Its in my driveway so I guess if he doesn't have luck matching it up with the housing at the parts house i can run out there and look it up.

I replaced the impeller on my wakesetter about a month ago and it was alot easier then pulling this bugger off. Had to remove the whole damn pump. Also His impeller had no fins left on it! It was just a round blob of tore up rubber. I started pulling hoses and flushing everything but it looked like everything was caught in a little housing in front of the motor that felt like it had a little radiator inside of a section of pipe. Anywhere else I should look for rubber in the system?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-30-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
How long since the last time you changed it? This is bad when the impeller breaks down. You don't ever want this to happen. I now change mine every 100- 150 hours.
Old     (mbellaver)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-30-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
Yeah Robert, the Mercruisers are a PIA compared to others, but upside is that you can get the parts at about any boat shop since the I/O versions are very similar. I did the same to mine, and I took the hoses off after the pump (before the tranny and engine) and if I remeber right there was a screen that cought the blown fins. Your friend is gonna owe you for this one.....
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-30-2010, 1:03 PM Reply   
My friend bought his boat new in 06 and has never changed it. He called me yesterday broke down on the water. He said he was driving and noticed the temp gauge was through the roof so he just shut his boat off and called to get a tow in. We hauled his boat to my house. Which while its only 10 miles from the lake took about 3 hours because one of the tires on his trailer exploded! It was in pieces so we came to my house got a jack and some tools took it off then tied the axle up and drove it here about 5 miles an hour because the other tire looked like it wanted to blow too!

Needless to say he's buying 4 new tires today and keeping the best of the three old ones for a spare and I'm doing a tune up on his boat replacing evrything he hasn't! lol

I replace my impeller every season as its easy to get too and cheap insurance then just throw the old ones in the boat for spares in case I ever lose one while out on the water!

Picked up the new impeller today, can't believe how cheap it was. $30, my buddy almost grenaded his boat over a $30 part! lol And he does owe me big time. Still trying to figure out what to get out of him? Of course he's the ranger at a local lake so maybe some special privleges like boating after hours or a get out of jail free card? Perhaps even make one weekend a no tubers or jetskis on the lake day! lol That would be nice and worth it!

Last edited by 2006maliblue; 06-30-2010 at 1:04 PM. Reason: my spelling suks as always! lol
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-30-2010, 4:47 PM Reply   
I have mine changed every year too. Cheap insurance although the impeller looks perfect everytime it gets pulled out.
Old     (JSmith)      Join Date: May 2010       07-01-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
DId mine yesterday, took about an hour although I did not have to search for any pieces...

P/N 47-862232A 2