Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    kidrik            05-25-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
For anyone who read my thread about young Connor Chavez, (Sad news, need your good thoughts) I just wanted to thank you once again, and let you know that all your support has been working! I took my sons down to visit again the other day, and Connor was still in PICU, (Pediatric ICU). He had all of the tubes out of his mouth, and was able to talk slowly, and between heavy breathes. He looked great, and was able to slowly use his mouse to roam his laptop. So I of course showed him the Wakeworld thread, and he loved it! He was VERY thankful. Connor did have a set back while we were there, in that his left lung kept having issues, and instead of finally moving to is OWN room, he would require surgery. The good news is that he did in fact get his own room after, and is able to get some much needed rest! Hopefully this is it, and he can begin a full recovery! His mom was amazing. After giving me the play by play of the ER moments, my knees were weak and I felt sick. I won't repeat it, but it was the worst @#!$ I've ever heard. Anyway, I can't wait to send pics of Connor when he's home!

O.K., now for the shoutout! I want to personally thank CM/CWB for hooking us up with a bad azz board to use as a "get well card", wake style, for Connor! I'd also like to thank my boy Jeff Hill and his wife for helping me set this part up, as well as going to pick up the board and meet me at a bar for the hand-off! After CM, Jeff and my family signed it, I took the board to my son's/Connor's school, and had the principal, his teachers, and tons of his friends sign it. We're not even close to being done, but check out the pics so far! Thanks again CM and CWB!
I will post a pic when we deliver it to him, hopefully Friday...
Attached Images

Old    kidrik            05-25-2010, 7:23 PM Reply   
And see.....don't worry Carson, I just spelled Connor with an "E" in your honor!
Old    kaligirl            05-25-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
Rik...so glad to hear that Connor is on the road to recovery. Maybe it be a smooth ride for him and that worst is over. I'm new to this community but all the positive thoughts to Connor and the way CWB stepped up to help out really make me proud of the people who share our sport. Most of all... I'm glad to hear this young man is doing so well considering all he's been through. Take good care.
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-25-2010, 9:35 PM Reply   
Rik, haha good to know i wasn't the only one spelling that wrong. Wanna do me a favor and throw my name somewhere on that board? i meant to have my brother sign it for me but i forgot to ask him
Glad to hear he is doing well.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-25-2010, 10:15 PM Reply   
sick. There is a lot of love out there some times.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-26-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
Hey RIK!
Don't know if this is possible, but it would be very cool if you could put some sort of coating on the board so that when he is better he could ride that board! That might mean alot to him and would just be the coolest board on the water in the US! Anyway just a thought, I have no idea if there is something you could put on the board to make sure it stays nice, but you might try to look.

scott
Old     (nmcjr)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-27-2010, 9:22 PM Reply   
So great to hear Connor is doing better Rik. I have been following the other thread since the beginning and am so glad to see the progress. Send my best. And by the way, I just think its great to see you, the Hill's and CWB showing such support--its really touching.